The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)

Go down 
+6
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
LeiaLeFey
Lady Draconian
NeonFishnets
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Caz
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 742
Bless :
The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Left_bar_bleue50 / 20050 / 200The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Right_bar_bleue

The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Empty
PostSubject: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 12:24 am

1. No nude pictures or links to sites that contain nudity

2. Respect other people's opinions.

3. No abusive posting or arguing with other members

4. No abusive personal messages

5. Before starting a thread please make sure no other such thread exists on this forum

6. The size that is acceptable for signatures is 550X200 Also with text signatures please make sure you use no more than 6 lines.

7. When posting pictures please make sure they are no wider than 640px. If you wish to post a larger image please post a link for it instead

8. Absolutely no file sharing

9. Have fun, that is what you're here for

10. We don't mind if you fucking swear, but please do not go over the top and make every other word a swear word.

Thanks Caz Very Happy

::EDIT::
Adding rules to the first post so maybe people will find that they have time to -read- them.

11. Double posting: The edit button is your friend, and please wait a realistic amount of time before bumping a thread.

12. If you would like to give "blessings" to someone, PM me with the who, why, and how much and they will be added ASAP.

13. Try to keep posts at more than one word. (This does not include Game threads)

14. Double check your posts before posting. If they really didn't need to be said to get your point across (i.e: a Smile), then try to refrain from posting them.

15. Katra shall not be mentioned in any thread having to do with anything Within Temptation. Ever. >.<

16. I know some people aren't used to it, but please, please, [i]please[/i] try to use decent grammar, spelling, and punctuation in your posts. I'm not saying be completely professional with it, especially since English isn't the first language for a lot of us... But pots taht r alwys talking lyk thiss can get a bit annoying for those of us who have to read all the posts every day.

17. Double accounts are absolutely NEVER permitted. If I find two accounts posting from the same IP address, BOTH accounts will be banned, and I will take note of the IP addresses.

18. A strike system is being enforced. I will give you a strike when I find it necessary; this can include verbally attacking people in the threads, harassing others anywhere on the forum, constantly going off topic, etc. If you find my giving you a strike to be unfair, feel free to take it up with me and state your case, but I guarantee nothing.
Three strikes and your out--at least for a month.
Back to top Go down
http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/index.htm
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 2:49 pm

Double posting: The edit button is your friend, and please wait a realistic amount of time before bumping a thread.
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 9:26 pm

New rule about the Bless and Curse system.

I've noticed a lot of people spontaneously going from a certain amount of curse points to zero. That is unfair, and I'm finding it to be unacceptable. If people keep abusing the B/C system, we might need to remove it. And I really don't want that happening. Sad I love this system.

From now on, unless someone PM's me and tells me they took off someone's curse and WHY, the person whose curse points were removed will get double what they had.

I think I may also put a similar rule in place for blessings. If you bless someone, please PM me and tell me how much and why, so I can keep track. Is that gonna be too much to ask? Razz

In the case of myself adding bless and curse points, I will leave a comment in the members profile every time I do something with it. Okies? Very Happy

I just think it's a bit pointless to have a system like this if people continue to up their own bless points and/or lower their own curse points. Smile

I hope you all understand why I'm enforcing this.

(BTW, I'm also posting this in the Bless and Curse thread, so if you have something to say about it, please say it there Smile)
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :
The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 9:51 pm

Just wanted to throw in a couple more teeny ones. Smile

13. Try to keep posts at more than one word.

14. Double check your posts before posting. If they really didn't need to be said to get your point across (i.e: a Smile), then try to refrain from posting them.

15. The pictures threads have certain titles for a reason. I've been seeing a lot of pictures of the boys in Sharon's picture thread, and a lot of pictures of just Sharon in the "Pictures of the Band" thread. And while Sharon is indeed part of the band, the "Pictures of the Band" thread is meant for pictures containing more than one member of the band. Smile Just thought I'd let you know. Razz

I dun wanna take away all the fun, this is just to kind of keep the forum from becoming a chatroom Razz

Dankje!
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 8166
Favorite WT song : Pale, Caged, Lost, Forgiven
Bless :
The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Left_bar_bleue90 / 20090 / 200The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:01 pm

Are we still allowed to say Katra? Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.musesofmetal.com
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:17 pm

ACK! NO! Grrrr.....

RULE NUMBER SIXTEEN.

Katra shall not be mentioned in any thread having to do with anything Within Temptation. Ever. >.<
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Bless :
The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Left_bar_bleue90 / 20090 / 200The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:22 pm

Hmm, I see your hatred are try and refrain from say that I like Tietaja in future...
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:25 pm

-.- You just live to piss people off.
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:40 pm

lol! Don't take me seriously.
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Number of posts : 2876
Favorite WT song : The Promise and All I Need
Bless :
The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Left_bar_bleue157 / 200157 / 200The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:57 pm

NeonFishnets wrote:
ACK! NO! Grrrr.....

RULE NUMBER SIXTEEN.

Katra shall not be mentioned in any thread having to do with anything Within Temptation. Ever. >.<

cheers Katra is a WT sheep wide boycott. Tayla, I don't take you seriously...all the time. Still love you though you like Katra. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://leialefey.deviantart.com/
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 12:47 pm

Caz wrote:
6. The size that is acceptable for signatures is 500X150 Also with text signatures please make sure you use no more then 6 lines.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I know we've stretched this rule a bit in the past and even in the present, which is fine, really. But I've gotten a few complaints about the sizes of signatures around here. It really shouldn't be that big of a deal, and it isn't if only one or two people have oversized signatures. Of course, if those one or two people are every other post on the forum, then it gets a little annoying, but whatever.

I'm not going to point specific people out, you should know who you are. But I'm getting very tired or PMing people and telling them to downsize their signatures, 'cause then they feel like I'm singling them out. Someone pointed out to me when I asked them to make their signature a little smaller that they didn't think it was any bigger than anyone else's signature on here, and I realized they were right.

So! I think I'm going to reset the limit to about the size of Kellie's signature. If EVERYTHING (text, graphics, links, etc.) can fit in something this size:

The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Pictur12

If it can't, would really appreciate it if you made just a bit smaller, whether that means removing lines of text, resizing banners....whatever. I'm just really getting tired of hearing complaints about the obnoxious sizes of people's signatures.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me and ask. I'll try to explain in a much nicer way than I just did.

Thanks for your understanding, lovelies.

Group Hug

PS: I'm sorry about making all these new rules and restricting the forum... I'm just trying to make it more friendly for all users (especially ones with low bandwidth) and a more "organized" place to talk about this wonderful band. Or maybe I'm just antsy and irritable because of the break. I'm not sure yet XD I'll figure it out.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 10978
Favorite WT song : Candels
Bless :
The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 2:57 pm

No you`re not irretable,Andy Hug I understand,it`s quite hard to be an admin,i know that...i was an admin of a graphic site and everything turned out so wrong-.-i don`t even wanna remeber... Razz
can you tell me a good size for signature(for the sig,aspecially)because i always think that my signes are too big.i just want an example like 0x0(but of course bigger than that Razz )
Thanks Glomp
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxfrozenbutterflyxX
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 5:40 pm

Thanks, love Hug

For the banner itself, I always use 550x150 pixel dimension. It shows up perfectly on 1024x768 screens, which is what most people have. And then after that, I wanna say you can have maybe...four lines of text?
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :
The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 5:45 pm

thanks Very Happy
four lines?okay Wink
EDIT:BTW my sig has a good dimension right now?(i forgot to measure it Razz )
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 6:28 pm

It's a little tall, I think. Compare it to my banner. Mine are always 550x150.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 7:40 pm

oh okay,i did noticed that is a little tall thought.anyway i will make another tomorrow(hope that isn`t a problem if i change them Razz )and it will be that size:550x510 Wink
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 11:54 pm

Laughing No, change as many times as you want, really Razz I just wanted to keep the size down a bit.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 2:26 pm

No worries,i understand,and thanks Snug
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Number of posts : 2876
Favorite WT song : The Promise and All I Need
Bless :
The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Left_bar_bleue157 / 200157 / 200The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 4:19 pm

NeonFishnets wrote:
Thanks, love Hug

For the banner itself, I always use 550x150 pixel dimension. It shows up perfectly on 1024x768 screens, which is what most people have. And then after that, I wanna say you can have maybe...four lines of text?

All of mine are 500x150 because of other forum's rules...how do they show up to you, Andy?

NeonFishnets wrote:
13. Try to keep posts at more than one word.
Is that ok for the ABC thread when usually it is one word?
Back to top Go down
http://leialefey.deviantart.com/
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 11:24 am

They show up the same size. They're perfect. But for example, Leia, you have quite a few lines of text and bars beneath your banner, and I think that's what that person meant when she said she didn't think hers was any bigger than anyone else's. Just the small things that aren't really incredibly distracting.

LeiaLeFey wrote:
Is that ok for the ABC thread when usually it is one word?
Oh yeah! Games threads are fine, because they're usually supposed to be just one or two words, and they don't usually have much discussion point Laughing

I'm more talking about the threads where we discuss the band members, the songs, the videos, the pictures, etc. When someone posts something like, "Cool," it's kind of pointless, and it feels to me like they're just posting to post, not to discuss. Of course, these could just be my feelings and maybe I need to loosen up a bit. I don't really know anymore.

I'm really not trying to restrict anyone. I'm all for creativity and self-expression.. It just gets kind of irritating to constantly read the same exact posts from the same people over and over again (i.e: "cool", "yep", "me too", etc.).

But if anyone has questions, seriously don't be afraid to ask. I usually type these things up in a state of insomnia, so there might be some things I didn't quite explain properly.
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 12:14 pm

After going over the fanart threads, I'm finding it's kind of unfair to restrict the banner size to that small. So I just wanna let you know that I'm expanding the limit to 550x250ish. Feel free to go a bit bigger than that, it's fine. I'd just like to keep the maximum width at 550, 'cause people withi 1024x768 screens get the little scrolly bars if the signautres are too big. XD Or the signature just gets cut off.

So feel free to make them whatever size you want (keeping in mind that 550 width thing Wink).

I'm getting sick of my own rules.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 2:09 pm

Don`t need to excuse Andy.It is better with a little bigger size but that`s not a big deal Wink
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :

Curse :
The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 5:12 pm

Understood, Miss Boss Lady. Razz

Unfortunately I like smallish sigs. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
Alyna
Restless
Restless
Alyna

Female
Number of posts : 1207
Favorite WT song : What have you done & Forgiven
Bless :
The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Left_bar_bleue50 / 20050 / 200The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 6:17 pm

Ktsunami wrote:
Understood, Miss Boss Lady. Razz

Unfortunately I like smallish sigs. XD

Miss Boss Lady ?Smile)
you made a pleonasm Wink)

Hey Andy,thanks but how Cris said too it`s not a big deal. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.twilight-fans.super-forum.net
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :

Curse :
The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 6:33 pm

I like pleonasms. They fit with well. Besides it was meant to be funny anyway. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)   The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING) Empty

Back to top Go down

The rules!! (Please READ BEFORE POSTING)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next