The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Old interview with Sharon

Go down 
+3
ice-queen
NeonFishnets
Franneke
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Franneke
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Franneke

Female
Number of posts : 136
Favorite WT song : Somewhere & The Promise
Bless :
Old interview with Sharon Left_bar_bleue30 / 20030 / 200Old interview with Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Old interview with Sharon Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Old interview with Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Old interview with Sharon Empty
PostSubject: Old interview with Sharon   Old interview with Sharon EmptySat May 31, 2008 3:50 am

Hey,
just found this old interview, I guess its from 2002
Enjoy!
Old interview with Sharon Cover%20single%20Mother%20Earth
Sharon den Adel
Band: Within Temptation

- When did you start singing? What got you into music?

Sharon: If I should believe my parents, I sang before I could talk. But ok, that is what parents are like, huh? When I was four years old, I all ready got pocket money from my parents, but it had to be spent on music. "Thanks" to a recommendation from my brother, I came home once with Jeff Wayne's musical version of "Wars of the world." I still have this tape. I grew to like this music, but it was quite scary music for a four-year-old kid. There was always music on at home. Deep Purple, Santana, Pink Floyd and Queen, that kind of music. When I was 12 I got seriously into singing.

- What was your first band?

Sharon: At 14 I took a course at a music school about how to form a band. One year later I sang in a bluesrock band Kashiro. We played covers of Van Halen, Journey, Pink Floyd, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Queen, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and many more.

- Your earliest influences? Do you have any favourite singers now?

Sharon: When I was a kid, I was a big fan of Olivia Newton-John. Nowadays I like to listen to Tori Amos and Emma Shapplin. When it comes to male singers, I like to listen to bands like Muse, Him and Nirvana, but it also has a lot to do with the kind of music they play. It's of the same importance to me. I cannot separate those things.

- Have you ever taken singing lessons? What is your musical background?

Sharon: I have sung for some time in a choir, just to learn a different way of singing. For a short time I also had lessons from a student of a conservatorium. Most things I have learnt on my own, through studying and practising songs that I liked till I was able to sing all the difficult parts. When I noticed that it hurt because I tried on purpose to sing a difficult part, I searched for a way to sing that wouldn't cause pain. My neighbours and my parents were sometimes very annoyed when I was practising the same tones for numerous times.

- What do you think makes a good singer?

Sharon: I think that a good singer has to be able to move people in an emotional way. When it comes to techinque, there definitely has to be some base, but it depends on the kind of music you're making. Madonna is maybe not the best singer in the world, but a song like "The power of goodbye" still moves me deeply, and I also like the sound of her voice. The singer of The Cure doesn't always sing in the right tones, but he still fascinates me and can bring me in a certain atmosphere. The power of Tori Amos lies for me in her melodies, lyrics and personality.

To be honest, I don't think there are special rules which a good singer has to follow, since everyone experiences music in a differen way. Besides, every style of music has a different purpose and evokes different emotions. To be a metal singer you need different qualities than a reggae or R'n'B singer.

- What do you think is your strongest quality as a singer?

Sharon: I believe my strongest quality is that I can do different things with my voice.

- What is (are) your favourite song(s) to sing/perform?

Sharon: The Promise & Caged.

- What are your interests and hobbies apart from music?

Sharon: Fantasy books, films, walking in the nature, fashion, painting... Actually I have too many hobbies, for which I don't have much time nowadays. But I shouldn't complain, 'cos music is my biggest hobby.
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
Old interview with Sharon Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Old interview with Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Old interview with Sharon Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Old interview with Sharon Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Old interview with Sharon   Old interview with Sharon EmptySat May 31, 2008 5:50 am

Quote :
- What is (are) your favourite song(s) to sing/perform?

Sharon: The Promise & Caged.

Of course Razz
The Promise is so much fun to sing.

Thanks for posting this! It was great to read Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Number of posts : 5150
Favorite WT song : Utopia, Stand My Ground
Bless :
Old interview with Sharon Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200Old interview with Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Old interview with Sharon   Old interview with Sharon EmptySat May 31, 2008 5:32 pm

yay she like fantasy books cheers and thanks for posting i must say i have a thing for listening to caged at the moment
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Within-Temptation96
Franneke
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Franneke

Female
Number of posts : 136
Favorite WT song : Somewhere & The Promise
Bless :
Old interview with Sharon Left_bar_bleue30 / 20030 / 200Old interview with Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Old interview with Sharon   Old interview with Sharon EmptySat May 31, 2008 6:48 pm

you're welcome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Old interview with Sharon Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Old interview with Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Old interview with Sharon   Old interview with Sharon EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 9:32 pm

Franneke wrote:
The singer of The Cure doesn't always sing in the right tones, but he still fascinates me and can bring me in a certain atmosphere.

Very Happy Yay Sharon likes Robert's voice. The Cure are one of my favourite bands so happy Sharon likes them too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Toatsies
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Toatsies

Number of posts : 161
Favorite WT song : All I Need
Bless :
Old interview with Sharon Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200Old interview with Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Old interview with Sharon   Old interview with Sharon EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 10:55 pm

Franneke wrote:
Hey,
What do you think is your strongest quality as a singer?

Sharon: I believe my strongest quality is that I can do different things with my voice.
*nod*
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Bless :
Old interview with Sharon Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Old interview with Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Old interview with Sharon   Old interview with Sharon EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 1:06 am

Sharons voice is amazing Smile It is pure perfection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Number of posts : 5150
Favorite WT song : Utopia, Stand My Ground
Bless :
Old interview with Sharon Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200Old interview with Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Old interview with Sharon   Old interview with Sharon EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 12:19 am

It is *nods*
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Within-Temptation96
And2DieIsEasy
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
And2DieIsEasy

Female
Number of posts : 25
Favorite WT song : The Cross
Bless :
Old interview with Sharon Left_bar_bleue10 / 20010 / 200Old interview with Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Old interview with Sharon   Old interview with Sharon EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 4:18 pm

Thankx for posting!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/philandmauriceshow
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Number of posts : 11505
Bless :
Old interview with Sharon Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200Old interview with Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Old interview with Sharon   Old interview with Sharon EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 10:35 pm

I love this interview! when was this done?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old interview with Sharon   Old interview with Sharon Empty

Back to top Go down

Old interview with Sharon
Page 1 of 1