The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Song Reviews

Go down 
+9
KellieBent
NeonFishnets
Onno
Amairwyn
Toatsies
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
themetalinme
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Ktsunami
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 10978
Favorite WT song : Candels
Bless :
Song Reviews - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Song Reviews - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Song Reviews - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Song Reviews - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Song Reviews - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 2:43 pm

Ice Queen.The song that never lets me down.The song that always makes me happy not matter how sad am I.Probably my favorite WT song,but defintely not the best one.It`s just like Mother earth,at the first view is about a goddess but paying attention the lyrics they have a much deeper feeling,and can be interpreted in diffrent ways.I totally love the guitars in this song,the bass and the keyboard,and Sharon`s high-pitched voice in this song is truly unique.I don`t really like much neighter of the videos:the 1st one is...weird,i don`t really get what`s up with that blonde girl,the 2nd has quite chessy effects,but it`s not bad at all,it`s actually growing on me.
I totally love all live performances of it,and my favorites are defintely Leidse Kade 2001 and Ahoy(i actually think they added a harp pat at a certain point of the song,like on Deceiver Of Fools.)
And it`s also the song that made WT popular.It`s special Smile

A Dangerous Mind?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxfrozenbutterflyxX
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Number of posts : 11505
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Song Reviews - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200Song Reviews - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Song Reviews - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Song Reviews - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 3:52 pm

I didn't like A Dangerous Mind the first time I heard it. It was only a couple of parts I liked. I do like it now, but it isn't one of my favorites from WT. And it's a shame it's been played live one or two times.

See Who I Am?
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
Song Reviews - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Song Reviews - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 5:13 pm

This song is epic right when it begins, all the way through to the end. See Who I Am definitely isn't WT's best, but it's very close. The lyrics convince those who won't see through the surface of someone to do so. The bridge of this song is kind of plain, but also beautiful at the same time. One of WT's songs that gets the crowd jumping every time it's performed.

Enter?
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :
Song Reviews - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Song Reviews - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 6:19 pm

Enter is an epic song in all point of views(nope it`s just me XD).Starts with a captivating door sound and "Welcome To My Home" leads through a drumming beat to the enchanting keyboard notes.Enter is simply..magica.It capture pretty-well the esscence of old WT.The lyrics are enchanting and my favorite part of it is "Give Me Yopur Wings To Flee From My Ivory Tower"ït`s so beautiful and ispiring Smile Sharon`s voice is so angelic and beautiful opposite to Robert`s "demonic" grunts,which I actually do like(and I`m not a "die-hard" grunting fan).The demo is great aswell,actually a little creepier.I totally would like an acoustic-version,but who knows Rolling Eyes
Enter is defintely in my top 3 songs that I enjoy watching live.My favorite performance of it it`s defintelly Pukkelpop 2002/2003(on ME Tour).It`s such enchanting,I adore Sharon and Robrt`s interraction on the stage,and I love how the blu dress swishes<3

I don`t think this song will leave my top 10 because it`s one of WT`s classics in my opinion.

All I Need?
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :
Song Reviews - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200Song Reviews - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 6:36 pm

It was the third song I had listend to from WT. I love it to peices. Sharons voice in the song is so sad but in a good way. It has a lot of meaning for a lot of people too. Okay, so the video needs some more 'effects' added to it. I personaly quite liked the video. Not a lot of fans like All I Need, because it's like the film 'The Cell' but the idea was from the video so STFU all of you! lol!

The Dance?
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 8:40 pm

The Dance is such a gorgeus song!I love the drumming beginning and then Sharon`s evil voice "Someone is dancing on my grave,sending shivers down my spine"it really send shivers down my spine XD,and Robert`s growls are really nice here too;).This song it`s a mix between "Another Day"`s melancholy and "The Other Half(Of Me)"heavines.definetely one of my favorite songs,I can`t really describe it much.
My favorite performance of it is at lowlands,i totally love how Robert`s and Sharon`s voice collide at "You`re the one"

Another Day?
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 9:21 pm

When I first hear Another Day the first thing that came to my mind was someone on swings and then everything around them is in slow motion Razz I did really like the song for a long time and I still do. And when Sharon sings ' in my thoughts you're with me' and in started getting heavier I loved it Smile

Angels?
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 9:56 pm

Angels was my very first Wt song and I was hooked by it from the very first second.And my first thoughgt was "Man,she`s got such a beautiful voice!"" and I felt in love with WT Very Happy

Blooded?
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
Song Reviews - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Song Reviews - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 11:36 pm

Blooded is most definitely the best instrumental song ever created. Even with the lack of voices, it's a song that's really hard not to listen to. You just get sucked into the pure epicosity of it and if you really listen to it, you'll notice the mass amount of detail and time that had to have gone into this song.

The Swan Song?
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:15 pm

The Swan Song is an amazing song. I love how calm Sharons voice is and how lovely the band play with her. Lots of people use the song as tributes to Sharon. It's so nice. I love it <3

Overcome?
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 3:26 pm

Overcome,as Andy said it`s really such an inspiring song,and the lyrics are very realtable and personal to me,it`s actually the song tha totally desctibes me along with See Who I Am.The orchestration is so wonderful here,actually better than in any TSF song Laughing,and I also wanted it on The Silent Force,but..it`s alright as a bonus track too Wink.My favorite part is towards the end of song when Sharon sings "Run,and ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun"it`s so beautiful and enchanting,aswell as Run`s Smile
I don`t know if they ever played it live,but the performance of Run from TSF Tour DVD was breathtaking!

Blue Eyes?
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 3:33 pm

I fell in love with Blue Eyes from The first time I heard it. Not many people like it and it isn't such an important song to be on the actual album. I really like the way it goes and Sharons voice really melodic in it.

Jillian?
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 3:59 pm

Jillian, was always one of my favorite songs but I don`t know why people conssider it a masterpiece.Yes it`s one of WT`s best/defining songs,the atmosphere is perfect.I really like the choir and I think the orchestra fits well this time.But why I do really enjoy in this song is Sharon`s voice,mainly because it`s one of her best vocal performances.The lyrics are beautiful and thought they are about a book character,they might be relatable for many people,including me.My 3rd favorite song from The Silent Force and totrally in my top 20.
My favorite live performance of it is at Black Symphony,I actually like it even more than on TSF Laughing ,and this time I can really call it an epic song Razz
I really need to find a high quality version of Orff Indifferent

Caged?
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 4:02 pm

Caged, where can I begine? Caged is an EPIC masterpeice. One of the best song ever from WT and by far my favorite from Mother Earth. The performance of it at Java Island was amazing! The cage was the epic touch to make the whole performance amazing. I love singing along to it all of the time.

Ice Queen?
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
magnoly

Female
Number of posts : 4031
Favorite WT song : The Promise
Bless :
Song Reviews - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue43 / 20043 / 200Song Reviews - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 3 EmptySat May 16, 2009 4:26 pm

WT's biggest hit. Makes you feel happy and like you just wanna jump! I totally love it, especially live, it has some much energy.

Say My Name?
Back to top Go down
http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com/index.htm
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 3 EmptySat May 16, 2009 6:22 pm

Say My Name is very special to me,and one reason is that was one of the very first songs I heared by WT.It hooked me that piano/keyboardd,Sharon`s voice and the lyrics are so beautiful,and personal.I would totally cry if I only would hear this song live! Sad

Dark Wings?
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 3 EmptySat May 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Dark Wings is really cool. I love how Sharon voice sounds on the CD and live Smile Makes me want to sing along!

Grace?
Back to top Go down
vanessaweber
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
vanessaweber

Female
Number of posts : 127
Favorite WT song : The Truth Beneath The Rose, Never-Ending Story, Somewhe
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 5:34 pm

Grace is a very good song. The lyrics are amazing and the atmosphere to it is very defined. However the song is definitely premature and you can tell at this point that the band needs yet to grow.

Somewhere?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Song Reviews
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3