The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

The WT Wiki Project!

Go down 
+5
NeonFishnets
KellieBent
Onno
Ktsunami
Deceiver-Of-Fools
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
The WT Wiki Project! Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200The WT Wiki Project! Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
The WT Wiki Project! Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200The WT Wiki Project! Right_bar_bleue

The WT Wiki Project! Empty
PostSubject: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 6:41 pm

I know I'm not the only one who hates to see the sparse Wiki pages on some WT related topics, so here is our place to flesh them out. Please make sure you have fully sourced, referenced material, and post it here prior to putting it on Wiki so we can add to/verify it, etc.
Let's get going!
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :
The WT Wiki Project! Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200The WT Wiki Project! Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
The WT Wiki Project! Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200The WT Wiki Project! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 6:48 pm

Well according to awakened.de Sharon is a vegatarian and eats white meat once a week. Clicky.

I think that used to be on there. >.<
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :
The WT Wiki Project! Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200The WT Wiki Project! Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
The WT Wiki Project! Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200The WT Wiki Project! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 6:52 pm

I remember seeing on the Wiki page. I think we should just find as many interviews as we can...was Koshiro the name of the blue rock band she used to be in?? I think I remember reading that in Starfacts...there was a picture too.
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Bless :
The WT Wiki Project! Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200The WT Wiki Project! Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
The WT Wiki Project! Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200The WT Wiki Project! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 9:46 pm

Nope it was Kashiro.

Quote :
- What was your first band?

Sharon: At 14 I took a course at a music school about how to form a band. One year later I sang in a bluesrock band Kashiro. We played covers of Van Halen, Journey, Pink Floyd, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Queen, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and many more.

Check out Franneke's "old interview with sharon"
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 10:12 pm

I knew it was something like that.
The WT Wiki Project! Scan0610
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Number of posts : 1885
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :

Curse :
The WT Wiki Project! Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200The WT Wiki Project! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 10:43 pm

Would it also be possible to create pages for Restless, Our Farewell and Mother Earth Tour? I'm not a Wikipedia member myself...

The page for Jillian, for example, has some flaws
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jillian_(I%27d_Give_My_Heart)

- Martijn isn't mentioned as having written the music for the song
- Music video: the sentence is pretty unclear. I'd write something like
"The video for this song contains footage of their The Silent Force Tour DVD, including scenes from the live performance at Java Island, Amsterdam and backstage scenes"
- Formats and tracklistings: Pretty vague. Firstly it should be noted that there is no official single for Jillian, only promos. And the correct tracklist for one of those promos can be found here: http://medlem.spray.se/wtcollection/?page=list&titlesearch=jillian&tracksearch=&typeEnum1=Album&typeEnum2=Single&typeEnum3=Other
(including image with song lengths)
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
The WT Wiki Project! Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200The WT Wiki Project! Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
The WT Wiki Project! Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200The WT Wiki Project! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 3:51 pm

Good idea Smile I'll have a read through all the interviews I have and see if I can find some good facts Smile

About time WT's Wiki page got filled up again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 4:59 pm

If I have time later, I'll transcribe some of the FC interviews because they are always full of interesting questions.
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 1:19 am

*resurrects* The Wiki page has WT down as plain old rock unless they get more symphonic metal sources. Can interviews on YT count?
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 2:17 am

YES.
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 2:55 am

OK then, we should get together all the websites and interviews that say symphonic metal/rock, so we can have a few references, so they can't remove it. They have WT under Rock and Ev under Metal...yeah right. Wiki = fail.
Back to top Go down
Franneke
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Franneke

Female
Number of posts : 136
Favorite WT song : Somewhere & The Promise
Bless :
The WT Wiki Project! Left_bar_bleue30 / 20030 / 200The WT Wiki Project! Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 3:34 am

great idea girls! Very Happy
I wonder about Sharon's religion, somewhere I read she's wiccan ??? but I dunno Razz could you talk about please? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 3:37 am

She was raised Catholic, but she hasn't mentioned what religion she is now.
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 5:14 pm

Franneke wrote:
great idea girls! Very Happy
I wonder about Sharon's religion, somewhere I read she's wiccan ??? but I dunno Razz could you talk about please? Very Happy

She was raised Catholic, or at least Christian, but doesn't practice much anymore.
She doesn't talk about her religion, because she doesn't want it to affect how people listen to the music. She does wear crosses a lot though, so I doubt she's a Wiccan, just a lapsed Catholic.
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 6:08 pm

So I registered at Wikipedia today and I added a part to the WHYD page... What do y'all think? Are the sentences correct? Razz
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 7:08 pm

The Live Performances part is it?? You should include the fact that Keith also appeared at Dauwpop (Here's a review of the festival referring to it: http://www.reflectionsofdarkness.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2164&Itemid=43).
RR Australia also used the live video of WHYD at BS for promotion, and it has been aired on Scuzz too.
Maybe add the fact that the crowd generally sing Keith's parts, as well as the projection.

What's with the weird shot of Sharon beside it? I haven't seen the WHYD page in ages. Can we not use nicer shots?
The WT Wiki Project! 11

The WT Wiki Project! 12

The WT Wiki Project! 10

Otherwise though....yay for starting the project! I say we pick a different topic each week and build it up.

I found some more info on the two videos:
Quote :
We were disappointed with the first video of the song. The official one is a whole different video with a different director. The first one was shot in London in a bar and a 'jungle'. In the end we didn't like it at all. The band shots were too dark and the 'jungle' part didn't look very convincing. That's why we decided to invest in another video. With that one we were pretty much satisfied from the beginning.

Source
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 7:18 pm

The weird shot was already there. Razz I don't really know what Wikipedia's rules are towards images. I think it has to be a free image or an image owned by yourself or something.

I knew about Dauwpop, but isn't that a little too detailed for Wikipedia? And that part about the videos is good, I knew it, but I didn't remember from where.
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 7:22 pm

I don't see why the Dauwpop is too detailed. Mentioning that they performed together before, but not mentioning where, will lead people to ask about it anyway.
I might have posted that bit about the videos somewhere here before Razz
Does the THOE page have info on how the collaboration came about, or should we put some in the WHYD page? There are loads of interviews about it....there's a good one where Sharon talks about the original demo of the song.

::EDIT:: Here:
Quote :
“When we wrote this song, the first way was just my vocals”, she continues. “When we did the demo, Robert and I were signing the song together, it had more balls I think”, she laughs. “It has more aggression I think and we said OK, this needs to be a duet. We needed some energy that would fit my voice and also the song. We said we always liked Keith, and we said lets play him the song and see if he likes it. So we sent it to him, and he lives in Holland for a big part of the time because he has a side project with a lot of Dutch musicians. We got in contact with him through them and he liked the song and two weeks later we were recording it.

“His voice totally fit my voice, which we didn’t know of course, but we hoped it would. The cherry on the cake was that he was a very nice person. Most times when you like bands, they are not always the nicest people”, she says laughing. “You never know how people are personally when they are in their own surroundings. He was very relaxed and just a very nice guy.”
Source
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
The WT Wiki Project! Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200The WT Wiki Project! Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 8:08 pm

I didnt know Sharon was raised Catholic. I cant really see her being religious now you know shes not married and she has a child. Unless she just takes from parts of it. Religion is complex I suppose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 9:51 pm

If we want to be very detailed, we should maybe create a personal wiki, kinda like evanescencereference.info... Then you can also add pages for every song with lyrics and such, pages for memorable concerts, setlists, dresses, anything. Razz
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 1:01 am

I actually think that would be an awesome idea. I used to go to Evanescence Reference all the time and it was really useful.
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 2:25 am

But who will be willing to pay for the domain and stuff?? Maybe it could be a sub-section on Awakened? And then any info from there can just be put on the normal Wiki too
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 2:30 am

FreeWebs anyone?
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 4:30 pm

That's true. Still, everything on there would have to be 100% sourced *waggles finger*
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 11:42 pm

Nah, then let's just focus on the regular Wiki for now... is anyone going to add the part of how the collaboration on WHYD was born? Then I'd say we continue with another page, like RUTH...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_Up_That_Hill_(EP)
I already corrected the tracklist because that was wrong. Anyone knows any sources for why they covered the song, for instance? The page also lacks an info bar with cover art, writers, etc. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! Empty

Back to top Go down

The WT Wiki Project!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum :: Within Temptation :: Within Temptation-
Jump to: