The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Within Temptation Lyrics

Go down 
+4
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Ktsunami
NeonFishnets
KellieBent
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
magnoly
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
magnoly

Female
Number of posts : 4031
Favorite WT song : The Promise
Bless :
Within Temptation Lyrics - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue43 / 20043 / 200Within Temptation Lyrics - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Within Temptation Lyrics - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Within Temptation Lyrics - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Within Temptation Lyrics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 8:11 pm

I love WT's lyrics of course! Within Temptation Lyrics - Page 2 Herz They all have their deeper meaning and in many of them I find myself so much. And some of them are really saving my life!
Back to top Go down
http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com/index.htm
CelticBotan
Jane Doe
Jane Doe

Female
Number of posts : 31
Favorite WT song : Sinéad, Faster, Iron, Jillian
Bless :
Within Temptation Lyrics - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Within Temptation Lyrics - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:43 pm

First of all, hi there, guys!
I'm kinda new around here, but I'm a WT fan since 2006...

However, I hate those kind of comments õ_õ
People just can't live and let die without comparisons - it might be because I'm very ecletic, but it REALLY annoys me. I'm a fan of WT, Nightwish, Evanescence. They have different approches, subjects and style.
That's it.

Within Temptation likes to hide real situations on stories that seem to be fantastic or ficcional - for example, Hand of Sorrow (which is about giving up your dreams for a higher power or duty).
Nightwish, as you guys already said, are more about fantasy, but they have songs which there are "real world" meanings in them, such as Kinslayer (which tells about the Collumbine High School massacre).
Evanescence is much more about feelings such as sadness and depression, mostly based on Amy Lee's experiences, that's obvious.

If those people who complain about WT's lyrics only knew what kind of stuff is comming out here in Brazil, they would want to kill themselves because of all the sort of bad songs and lyrics bands are playing now.
Try to search "Garota Radical" and "Restart - Recomeçar" on YouTube. You'll be glad for not being able to understand Portuguese õ__õ

Even What Have You Done, which is a song that I do like and most of WT's fans bash for being commercial or poorly written, I believe is, somehow, different from what we see around there.
The same for Final Destination, for example - I do like it and I found it even more interesting when I found out that it was based on the movie - who doesn't do such thing?
As an artist, I do it all the time - I base my creations and paintings on things I see around me. The best example I can give to you is a character I made up, a Priest of the Winds which was based on Journey's former vocalist, Steve Perry. And I love this character exactly for this reason.

My point about it is they can say anything they want about it - Within Temptation has something to tell us and they do it on the best way they can, providing orchestras to play with them and pyrotechninc effects on their shows, all because they want to play something nice to us.
And as long they keep with their good quality and interesting stories, I will listen to it, no doubt regarding that.
Back to top Go down
http://celticbotan.deviantart.com
wtfan1995
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
wtfan1995

Female
Number of posts : 1730
Favorite WT song : Lost, Final Destination, Aquarius
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:47 pm

I agree Smile Within Temptation's lyrics are the best I have heard. They are emotional, powerful, and amazing all at once.
Back to top Go down
http://semblanceofliberty.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Within Temptation Lyrics
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2