The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Good role model?

Go down 
+21
Gaia
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
britrogue
magnoly
BigBossWTF
WTrocker
FallenHalos
Lady Draconian
Amairwyn
Anna
Audina
max
ice-queen
Fork Ninja
Toatsies
LeiaLeFey
Scarygothgirl
NeonFishnets
Deceiver-Of-Fools
KellieBent
Ktsunami
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Yes, no, maybe?
Heck YES!
Good role model? - Page 2 Vote_lcap96%Good role model? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 96% [ 54 ]
Yeah, sure... why not?
Good role model? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Good role model? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Maybe
Good role model? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Good role model? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Nope.
Good role model? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Good role model? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
I don't want my kid wearing her dresses! WTF is wrong with you?!
Good role model? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Good role model? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 56

AuthorMessage
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Number of posts : 1370
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30 / 20030 / 200Good role model? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Good role model? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Good role model? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Good role model? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 7:13 pm

If they want to do that and feel confident about it, then I think it is their choice. I just don't think they should feel forced to to earn more popularity for their bands. What really bothers me is that the men probably woudn't be put in a calendar like that,
If I sound like a feminist, it's because I am one. Very Happy

Hope this doesn't offend anyone.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Good role model? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Good role model? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Good role model? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 1:03 am

If they want to put Tuomas topless in a calendar I wont complain Razz (Just remembered they did already in NW one Smile )

I really have no problem with the photos I guess it's more a problem with Metal Hammer only putting in women in proper revealing outfits. I really wanted Sharon to be in it as well Sad

Theres a calender behind me now with a Page 3 girl with her boobs out. It's not mine it's my dad's Razz and all respect to them if that's what they want to do. Go for it Smile I have no problem with it I see boobs everytime I open up the paper Razz I completely support the page 3 girls in the paper.

I just really look up to Sharon for the fact she didnt use her sexiness to sell the band. That is being a role model Smile

Why do I always sound like I'm on a rant Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200Good role model? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 4:24 am

I'm was thinking when I read that....Ewwww I don't want to see woman almost completely exposed orin suggestive positions...then I realized....I want to see men in similar situations. *cough*tuomas*cough* Nice weather we're having, ah cheers
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30 / 20030 / 200Good role model? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 5:05 pm

As long as they are comfortable with it. Very Happy

I really do admire Sharon for the outfits she wears. Like you said Kellie, there's a difference between corsets and showing some leg than being in your underwear. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Good role model? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 6:53 pm

Razz Amy have you seen the sauna pics of Tuomas? Plus I spent forever looking for all the brum pics as he had his top unbuttoned Fangirl

I do think Sharon is sophisticatedly sexy. She is so beautiful that really if she was in some revealing thing you'd look at her stunning face first Razz It really does give me so much respect towards her. Sex sells but she proves that you dont have to strip off to sell anything. You just need your talent.
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 6:57 pm

Agrees completely. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 8166
Favorite WT song : Pale, Caged, Lost, Forgiven
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue90 / 20090 / 200Good role model? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 4:56 pm

I voted 'Yes, sure... why not?'. Reasons...

Sharon has a lovely voice and has got very far in her career. She sings about things that aren't to do with killing people, drugs, suicide being good and she doesn't include insults or swear words in her lyrics which is much better and I'd rather any kid of mine listen to WT than Theatres Des Vampires (I love TDV by the way).

Another reason is that you don't see Sharon is fishnets with giant holes in, a mini skirt, a bikini top, and big black boots prancing around on stage like some prostitute, then cutting her arm and giving her blood to fans, saying it will make them immortal. She actually dresses with class and like a decent woman should (as in all her boobs and other bits are covered). Also you don't see Sharon backstage with a bag of cocaine or ectasy (or any other drugs) going 'take it it's good for you'.

Finally Sharon has fought her way to become known in this world and shows hope and a sense of belief, this could help children and teens through their lives and show them the way forward.

Overall, I believe that Sharon is a PERFECT role model.

Sorry for the essay but I thought that it was much needed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musesofmetal.com
FallenHalos
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
FallenHalos

Female
Number of posts : 6906
Favorite WT song : Our Farewell, Towards the End, Utopia, Caged
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue64 / 20064 / 200Good role model? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 12:44 am

I definetly think she is.

She hasn't let fame and being a rockstar get to her head, she isn't full of herself or a diva or self centered. She seems so genuine and down to earth and honestly cares about her fans. And like pretty much everyone else has stated, she doesn't flaunt her beauty. She's absolutley gorgeous but doesn't show it all off and she's amazingly talented.

She's definetly someone you can look up to versus other rockstars or singers or models.

Eva Luna is so lucky Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200Good role model? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 6:49 am

SAUNA PICTURES!!! NOWAI? I WANNA SEE Super Happy
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 7:36 pm

I'll have a look through my pics and PM you Razz

Sharon is the most amazing role model. She fills me with happiness Smile
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Good role model? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 1:11 am

She's so easy to admire. Truly one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet.

...Even to those obnoxious fans from that one TT show -.-
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 1:16 am

She's probably too nice for her own good Razz but just to think of how lovely she is and just such positivity she has makes me happy.

I actually don't think there is a better role model. I plan on making sure my brothers kids will know all about her and look up to her. I'll make them mini WT fans because WT will still be going in like 10 or 20 years time Smile
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Good role model? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 6:16 am

Haha. I was planning on doing the same thing XD That's funny.

But that just proves that she really should be the world's role model. If everyone were like her...Dear gods, the world would be such an amazing place.
Back to top Go down
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 6:42 am

But if the whole world was Sharon would she be that special?

YOUR PHILOSOPY FOR THE DAY?
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 1:29 pm

Razz I think she would. I dont think anyone could actually be as genuine and nice as her. She's like the uber Sharon and everyone else would just be nearly like her.

We'd all still be looking up to her because she'd still be in WT. Just the world would be a nicer place.

I took this too seriously Razz

My brother isn't gonna want to leave his kids with me because I will brainwash them with WT Twisted Evil Their first word will be Sharon! I think Martijn, Ruud and Jeroen are a little complicated for babies. So is Within Temptation. Then maybe Stephen and Robert after.
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Number of posts : 2876
Favorite WT song : The Promise and All I Need
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue157 / 200157 / 200Good role model? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Good role model? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Good role model? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 5:18 pm

lol!

I have been trying to hook my sister on WT since she was a little baby. Hasn't worked very well yet.
Back to top Go down
http://leialefey.deviantart.com/
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 7:58 pm

Bah! She'll come to her senses.
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 8:00 pm

I introduced another online friend to WT. He actually likes them. Laughing
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 8:04 pm

GeT hIm On HeRe!!!!!

Razz

But really, so many people -- not just girls, even -- would benefit from modeling themselves after Sharon. There would be no more murder! Razz
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 8:05 pm

I'll try. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 8:33 pm

I don't know if I'd try and force WT on my child...I'd want them to find their own love and inspiration. Nah, who am I kidding I'm going to try and engineer my child's life so everything will good...and that includes a daily dose of Sharoness.
Back to top Go down
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 8:33 pm

Double posted Missed high-five

Last edited by Fork Ninja on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FallenHalos
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
FallenHalos

Female
Number of posts : 6906
Favorite WT song : Our Farewell, Towards the End, Utopia, Caged
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue64 / 20064 / 200Good role model? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 9:31 pm

I'm going to play WT songs as lullabies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 2:14 am

Well I'll just enforce WT on my brother's kids. Well not force them but what else is going to be played at my house Razz Sharon is an amazing role model and I think the guys are too. They'll need someone to look up to and a good taste in music.

I dont want kids so my brothers will have to do. I just dont have a motherly gene. At all Razz But I'll play WT to my dogs Wink Seeing as my dog already loves them.
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 6:36 pm

I guess I'll be playing them to the cats since I don't want kids either. Wink They really are good role models, though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good role model?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next