The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Track Placement

Go down 
+3
Fork Ninja
NeonFishnets
Ktsunami
7 posters

Is it good or bad?
Good
Track Placement Vote_lcap64%Track Placement Vote_rcap
 64% [ 7 ]
Okay
Track Placement Vote_lcap36%Track Placement Vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Bad
Track Placement Vote_lcap0%Track Placement Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :
Track Placement Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Track Placement Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Track Placement Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Track Placement Right_bar_bleue

Track Placement Empty
PostSubject: Track Placement   Track Placement EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 4:33 am

I actually think that WT only do an okay job of placing their songs.

Ending The Heart of Everything with Forgiven wasn't good. The Truth Beneath the Rose would have been a much better finisher, as it was bigger more powerful. WT should have switched Forgiven and TTBTR. I've been taught that you always start big, get softer in the middle, and then finish with a bang; so naturally that's how I think about it.

I feel the same way abou TSF ending with Somewhere - I love the song but it's not a good closer. Neither would have been It's the Fear in this case though. If I had to pick off the list I'd probably say that Stand My Ground should have finished it. But none of them say "the end, see you next one" to me, you know?

On TSF I also would have chosen to follow the Intro with Jillian and then See Who I Am.

Though Mother Earth, the TSF Intro and The Howling are good ways to open the albums. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
Track Placement Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Track Placement Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Track Placement Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Track Placement Right_bar_bleue

Track Placement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Placement   Track Placement EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 8:05 am

I think they do a great job with track placement. I agree about THoE ending with Forgiven; that was a bad choice on their part. However, ending TSF with Somewhere was a good idea to me. Just the way that song ends makes me think, "Wow. It's over. I wanna hear the next one." If it didn't end with the drums, I probably wouldn't like it there as much, but I do.

Openers are always amazingly placed on WT's albums. They're like, "BAM! What now?!"
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
Track Placement Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200Track Placement Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Track Placement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Placement   Track Placement EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 9:15 am

The Swan Song screams it's over see you next time. They shoulda stuffed that on the regular TSF as the last song...it couldn't be directly after Somewhere though.

I like that THoE ends with Forgiven. For me it really sums the whole thing up.
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
magnoly

Female
Number of posts : 4031
Favorite WT song : The Promise
Bless :
Track Placement Left_bar_bleue43 / 20043 / 200Track Placement Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Track Placement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Placement   Track Placement EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 3:30 pm

I agree that the openers were very good choices. Only on Enter I would put Enter as a first song. Razz Restless would come second and Candles ends it amazingly.
All songs on Mother Earth are placed perfectly, it all really tells a story, at least to me personally.
What comes to THoE and TSF - Forgiven and Somewhere really make sense to me as the ending tracks.
Back to top Go down
http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com/index.htm
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 10978
Favorite WT song : Candels
Bless :
Track Placement Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Track Placement Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Track Placement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Placement   Track Placement EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 4:08 pm

I quite like the tracks placement,but I have to disagree with some of them.

On Enter,the tracklist is great,but as Gosia said I would rather preffered Enter as an openeer,and Candles ias the perfect ending.And I llike how Grace comes immediately after Gatekeeper.It`s like "a second part"or smething.Overall I think Enter ans TSF have the best tracklist Wink

The Dance has a great tracklist.The Dance is a great intro,then comes the slow ballad Another Day...and than.BOOM!The Other Half Of Me Razz .And the remixes are great endings because I can skip them*is ashamed*

About Mother Earth.I think ME is a great Intro althought I would rather preffered Intro and Dark Wings as first tracks...I don`t like the Intro to be in the middle of the album Razz .And I Perfect Harmony has a nice feeling for the end of an album,but I have rather chosed Ice Queen,as at the end of gigs Rolling Eyes

The Silent Force has an wonderflu tracklist.It really flows.Intro and See Who I Am are practically the best choises of opening,the rest of the album simply flows.Somewhere is a nice ending,it gives hope.But my TSF has also A Dangerous Mind and The Swan Song,so I think TSS is the perfect ending,it`s sad but it works for me tongue

About THOE,I don`t think that its tracklist is the best.The Howling is a grea opener,it`s bombastic and it works well.I think the rest of album has a great racklist exceppt for the last three tracks.Forgiven is sn`t a great closing for me,it`s too sad.I would rather have chosed All I Need or TTBTR,they have the feeling of the end of an album.But it`s just my strange opinion thought.

Generally I love how the tracks ore ordered,but it seems that I have something with opening and closings Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxfrozenbutterflyxX
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Track Placement Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Track Placement Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Track Placement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Placement   Track Placement EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 7:54 pm

I like Forgiven as the last song on THOE. It just ends it all peaceful and pretty. And I like Somewhere as the end song, well thats probably because it's so personal to me. You listen to all these songs on TSF that give you strength and then Somewhere is so beautiful and sums it all up for me.

In Perfect Harmony I actually love ending Mother Earth it jsut gives the whole feel of the album. Candles is also a really good last song. I agree that they do have good openers as well.

I like their track placement. They mix it up a bit with softer and heavier songs so it takes you on a little epic adventure Razz Like THOE you go from WHYD to Frozen to Our Solemn Hour so you are getting the full range of WT. Then you have All I Need, TTBTR and Forgiven and I like that change.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Number of posts : 11505
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Track Placement Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200Track Placement Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Track Placement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Placement   Track Placement EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:59 pm

In Perfect Harmony was a really good way in ending Mother Earth. It's just a really peace full song for an ending Smile
On The Heart of Everything Forgiven was also a great ending to the whole thing. It's just like a story.
On The Silent Force, Somewhere was an epic masterpiece. All of the album was well put, and I love it Wink
On Enter, well Enter should have been the first song on the album.
The Dance was also well placed.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Track Placement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track Placement   Track Placement Empty

Back to top Go down

Track Placement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum :: Within Temptation :: Within Temptation-
Jump to: