The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Comprable bands?

Go down 
+20
ice-queen
Amairwyn
Fork Ninja
Onno
Frozen
KellieBent
LeiaLeFey
AliyahDuilliath
Caz
NeonFishnets
Scarygothgirl
PurpleFusions
The Key
The Swan Kyoko
themetalinme
rafi
Franneke
Deceiver-Of-Fools
FallenHalos
Ktsunami
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage

Comprable bands? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 4:51 pm

I hate this kind of topics....I hate comparing bands Evil or Very Mad Pool
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Number of posts : 1885
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 6:37 pm

Nightwish can be accessed in two ways. A hard rock/metal fan could start to listen to something more melodic with more contrast, or an Evanescence(/WT) fan could start to listen to something more metal. People who accessed through the first way tend to not like WT, I think.

Last edited by Onno on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 6:43 pm

DISLIKE WT? WTF? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 6:45 pm

Sorry, foreign language mistake. I just meant that they don't love WT, not that they hate it. Razz
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 6:52 pm

It seems to fit in to my annoyance with some people in the metal community. Who dont like anything that is remotely less heavy. They say it so they can sound like they are some true metal head. Like at Bloodstock when I was asked who I was there for I said Apocalyptica and people seem to look down on you because you aren't 'grim' enough or 'metal' enough.

And with WT because they dont have any growling anymore and they have more orchestra now people dont think it's as heavy. I dunno why Nightwish fans seem to not like WT as much though, they kind of feel that Nightwish gets to be better because they are heavier or whatever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 6:58 pm

Nw fans are obviously jealous of WT because Sharon is with Robert and Tarja never quite hooked up with Tuomas.
Back to top Go down
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
Number of posts : 4931
Favorite WT song : All I Need
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue75 / 20075 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 1:20 am

^Yep, but I don't think it's that bad with NW fans. NW fans tend to have more of a problem between the whole "Tarja and Anette" thing than the "WT and NW" thing. The ones I honestly have a problem with are the Evanescence fans! (Not all of them, but most of them because they're arrogant and jealous of Sharon/WT). And don't try to deny it because you know it's true.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bigbossms
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 10:14 am

Fork Ninja wrote:
Nw fans are obviously jealous of WT because Sharon is with Robert and Tarja never quite hooked up with Tuomas.
I had never looked at it that way. XD
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Number of posts : 11505
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 10:26 am

BigBossCp wrote:
^Yep, but I don't think it's that bad with NW fans. NW fans tend to have more of a problem between the whole "Tarja and Anette" thing than the "WT and NW" thing. The ones I honestly have a problem with are the Evanescence fans! (Not all of them, but most of them because they're arrogant and jealous of Sharon/WT). And don't try to deny it because you know it's true.

I completely agree. Ev fans tend to get a bit "over the top" when it comes to defending the band. They start saying how Sharon is this and the other and then they really get muddled up in what they're saying.
But Ev fans have always been jealous of how WT is actually "child friendly" with thir music. You know?
While Ev talks about being sober or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 2:14 pm

What I love is that Evanescence goes from having their debut album in 2003 to being known worldwide in 1994 when people pull the longevity card. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Comprable bands?
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7