The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Other bands on WT/Sharon

Go down 
+12
Ktsunami
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
ice-queen
Deceiver-Of-Fools
magnoly
LeiaLeFey
NeonFishnets
Onno
Fork Ninja
Emmy
KellieBent
Lady Draconian
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 8166
Favorite WT song : Pale, Caged, Lost, Forgiven
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon Left_bar_bleue90 / 20090 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Other bands on WT/Sharon Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Other bands on WT/Sharon Empty
PostSubject: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:17 pm

I wasn't sure where to put this thread but I've been reading a few bands interviews lately and seen WT and Sharon's names creep up alot.

Here's what Lisa Johansson (Draconian) has said in an interview. Lisa's answers are in italics.

Quote :
- You have invited as a guest vocalist by Distorted before. Which singers/bands do you really wish to sing with?

- Oh I don't know. A duet with Sharon Den Adel, or maybe doughty.....

One more With Miri (Distorted) She has a very good voice.

- Sharon Den Adel, one of your favorite female vocalists. She and her band also visited Turkey last summer. What do you think about her?

- I think that she is very good. An honest good voice that do well with the music. It's simple and beautiful. I like it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.musesofmetal.com
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Other bands on WT/Sharon Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:22 pm

Well Anette is a fan Smile

Quote :
What bands/artists are you currently listening to, especially ones from the metal/alterternative scene?

Anette:
Sonata Arctica, Amorphis, Tarot, Within Temptation.

There is also an interview where she says Sharon's voice is one of her favourites. I'll have to go look on Metalfromfinland.com and somewhere she says she'd love to tour with WT Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Emmy
Sparkling Angel
Sparkling Angel
Emmy

Female
Number of posts : 473
Favorite WT song : The Promise, Faster & In The Middle Of The Night
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon Left_bar_bleue70 / 20070 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Other bands on WT/Sharon Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:29 pm

I remember an interview with Ville Valo from HIM and he said he doesn't like Robert cause Robert said something about their show, he wished him good luck and said he needs it (because HIM sucks live ofcourse) and Ville didn't like it but he said that Sharon was a nice girl....

and there also was an reaction from Sharon at the interview and she said that it was a joke...

weird story i know and don't know if it true
Back to top Go down
http://bremer-photography.com
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon Left_bar_bleue90 / 20090 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:34 pm

Simone likes WT too. I'll have to find something from her Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:39 pm

I think HIM are one of Sharon's favourite bands aren't they? Well I've read it a couple of times. As much as I love HIM and they are Haz's favourite band even she can admit he was a mess live when he was drinking.

I feel like defending Robert now Razz

Well Cristina Scabbia likes them and was sad to miss them at Download because they were playing whilst she was being interviewed.
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:40 pm

^^ That makes me fangirl Cristina even more Razz
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:49 pm

Razz Well it made me like her a bit more. I felt sorry for her she couldn't watch them.

Well WT and Apocalyptica are friends Smile so I guess Apocalyptica like them. I haven't read it anywhere though.
Back to top Go down
Emmy
Sparkling Angel
Sparkling Angel
Emmy

Female
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon Left_bar_bleue70 / 20070 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Other bands on WT/Sharon Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:54 pm

If Apocalyptica likes WT... then they should do a song together!!
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:57 pm

Thats what I always think and hope Razz I'll ask them if they are in the Signing Tent. Or in my tent Wink
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:58 pm

Kellie you're so naughty save Eicca for me Wink

Yeah, ask them for us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Emmy
Sparkling Angel
Sparkling Angel
Emmy

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:58 pm

Hahah Apocalyptica in your tent? Razz
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptySun May 03, 2009 10:03 pm

Razz That may not be possible, Haz is gonna want them all too. We'll have to fight it out, that should be entertaining a sailor and a pirate fighting.

Yep my plan is to get Apocalyptica to my tent. I really think everyone should get me them as it will be my birthday Razz

Anyway Razz yeah I shall ask them, now I have something to say to them apart from telling them how sexy they are.

Well I'm pretty sure Delain like WT...
Back to top Go down
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptySun May 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Miss Charlotte on Sharon:

Quote :
because I saw Within Temptation doing a gig there when I was little, just after Martijn left the band. I guess I remember that when I saw Sharon up there, I was thinking: “God! I wish that could be me!” So, for me it is very special.

Proof she wants to be just like Sharon.

Quote :
I guess I did learn from them, because I think Sharon is a great singer, and she’s very experienced, so sometimes, before the shows, I heard her singing her lines and I was like “Ok she sings those things before she gets on stage”. I hate singing the “Lalalalalalalalala” [singing scales]. I really can’t get myself to do that before the show.

That is like my favorite quote ever.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptySun May 03, 2009 10:17 pm

Awww In Love Where's the first quote from?

And I found the interview with Anette:

Quote :
V. V.: I'm sure that through the years you've been listening to a lot of vocal performers. Who are your idols, if any?

A. O.: I don't have any idols at the moment, but I used to have when I was younger. I listened a lot to Celine Dion - I think she's the ultimate female singer. And if I have to name a female singer from the contemporary metal scene, I'd say Simone Simons of Epica and Sharon den Adel of Within Temptation.
Back to top Go down
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptySun May 03, 2009 10:23 pm

http://www.metal-ways.com/104/interview-delain-zenith-paris.html

It's in there. It would be funnier if Charlotte saw WT when Martijn was still in it.
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Number of posts : 1885
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptySun May 03, 2009 11:45 pm

Q: "Do you know Placebo and Within Temptation?"
Kate Bush: "Yeah, I know them, they covered Running Up That Hill! Bastards."

That one made me lol Razz

I don't have an exact quote, but of course Anneke van Giersbergen really likes Sharon. Duh Razz
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptyMon May 04, 2009 12:29 am

Kate Bush said that? XD I hope she honestly didn't mind, and maybe even -likes- the covers. I'm sure she was just joking though; otherwise, she probably wouldn't have let them publish the covers Razz
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptyMon May 04, 2009 1:10 am

Razz I love that quote. Yeah she must of liked it, how could you not.

I'm racking my brain to try and think of any other bands comments on WT. Hmmm. I'd like to know what Marco thinks of Sharon seeing as he does have a duet with her.
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptyMon May 04, 2009 4:09 pm

Kate Bush is funny, so I'm asuming it was a joke Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Number of posts : 2876
Favorite WT song : The Promise and All I Need
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon Left_bar_bleue157 / 200157 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Other bands on WT/Sharon Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptyMon May 04, 2009 7:56 pm

KellieBent wrote:
Well I'm pretty sure Delain like WT...

lol! I'm sure considering Martijn is Robert's baby brother and used to be in the band...add up the often touring together wish WT would come back to the US and bring Delain with them
Back to top Go down
http://leialefey.deviantart.com/
magnoly
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
magnoly

Female
Number of posts : 4031
Favorite WT song : The Promise
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon Left_bar_bleue43 / 20043 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptyMon May 04, 2009 7:59 pm

I like what Charlotte said. That was so nice!
And Kate Bush ... XD I'm sure it was a joke! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com/index.htm
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptyMon May 04, 2009 8:01 pm

Within Temptation should bring Delain to America and tour with them ON A LEASH!!! Talk about hot!
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptyMon May 04, 2009 9:43 pm

^ That may just beat Sharon in a cage Razz
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Other bands on WT/Sharon Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptyTue May 05, 2009 12:42 am

Do I need my mod-hat? Laughing

I remember a good quote from Anneke when she talked about the fanasy element of WT, but I can't find it.
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon EmptyTue May 05, 2009 1:35 am

Why would you need your mod-hat? Razz She was just making a comment Wink
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon Empty

Back to top Go down

Other bands on WT/Sharon
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next