Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
170 / 200170 / 200

Curse :
0 / 2000 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Aw, Cris. I'm so friggin' happy for you. Your review made me smile. I remember how I felt the first time I saw Epica (okay, mostly Simone...). They are really great live! Thanks for the review!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :
200 / 200200 / 200

Curse :
1 / 2001 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:26 am

OHAI THERE. So, Baptized In Blood, Divine Heresy, After the Burial, 36 CRAZYFISTS, Fear Factory last night....

Britt and I got there around 4:30 PM, for doors that open at 6:00 PM we walked around the venue a few times, saw no one. Went and sat down in line, and observed that we were the ONLY females present without male accompaniment. Then, Peter and Asher's bandmates showed up. Holy shit. I knew who they were, they didn't seem to reconize as the girl who dumped Peter which was a good thing to say the least. I asked Britt if she liked DRI while we were waiting, and one of the guys was estatic I was thinking about going. A chick likes punk? Holy BALLS.

6:00 PM rolled around without much incident. We went in, grabbed a bite to eat, and I bought a 36 shirt, it says Anchors of Hope Anchor My Heart -36 Crazyfists-, I love it. Britt bought Collisions and Castaways. I let Britt wear the shirt for the show, cause she was feeding me. Ryan and Naytwon came in not long after that and Ry bought a t-shirt, 36 of course. We all made our way up to the barrier, at that point Asher (who didn't come with being on a cruise and all - loser)'s bandmates are AT the barrier, but we're right behind. Stage left, so it looked like our right, see there's an exit right there, and it's right under a speaker so that's my favorite spot in the place.

At 6:30 PM (cause apparently the Recher runs a tighter ship than I originally realized) Baptized in Blood came on...

They were...not great, I mean they were the early opener. They were pretty stationary, the singer though lougies would make the audience enjoy the experience, but no...not really. Since it was early there was no pit, or crowd surfing. However there WERE hardcore dancers - and if you know one thing about me and gigs - I fucking loathe harcore dancers. One fell and I laughed, I did however take the liberty of screaming at one, "Be a man and mosh, you fucking pussy!" Not that he could he me, but it made me feel better, and then he ate it and fell on his wigger ass. Filled me with glee. 20 minute set, I was pretty glad it was over.

We backed off into the corner after that to wait for someone to split from the barrier, while there a guy in a local band approached me and asked how much my bracelet was. At first I wasn't going to sell it to him, but then he offered me ten bucks for a bracelet that I might've paid two bucks for, so I told him fine. And then he tried to hit on me, at that point thankfully a lot of Asher's bandmates departed from the rail and Britt and I sprinted foward for them. She grabbed it, I was at an angle, half there, half behind this guy in the band whose name I'm aware is Ben. I was very pleased with this arrangement.

At roughly 7:00 PM Divine Heresy came on...

I really liked them. There was a lot of headbanging going on, I was no exception. The guy behind me, Asher/Peter's bud, had very long hair and was headbanging, it felt like a fan on my back. Rather enjoyable. They were a really good live band, very friendly, no spitting - thank you - Dino from Fear Factory is in the band, who turned out being VERY cool to us, more about that later... All in all, very good, I was definitely in the mood after them. Awesomesauce.

The kid named Ben then moved off the rail for me, must've been because I was the only attractive female there besides Britt and my mom there at that point, or that he hates deathcore, or that he realize "Holy balls, I'm six feet tall, lemme back up for the midgets." Either way that was nice, and I appreciated it a lot. During the time in between bands this time, we chatted a bit when one of them yelled "Peter *insert his surname* is a faggot" and which point I turned around and said, very calmly, "I agree, bro." They were shocked, "I didn't expect anyone to know him here!" ..."I've known him for four years guys." ..."Asher is faggot!" *rolls eyes and turns around* They laugh. At some point Naytwon got behind me, and we started arguing and one of the guys was like "Not that you need it, but you can use my knife on him." ..."Oh...Um...I'm good, thanks..."

After the Burial started playing at what must've been close to nine? I lost track of time for awhile...

Now... I like deathcore, but these guys were pretty boring. Sorry. The guy with the green guitar was sick, but other than that, I found myself counting tiles on the celing listening to the guys behind me talk about how retarded deathcore is. It's not good when there's only 4 people in your mosh pit. Sorry. I did however see Anthony (the vocalist) after the show, and told him it was good. I couldn't tell him to his sexy face he sucked.

I am fully on the barrier at this point...

36 came on,

The guy from Divine Heresy came out for Elysium. And so did some guy that was prolly a tech.

Did Brock point and wink at you last night? No.

Unfortunately, winks are hard to capture on film when the individual never stands still. Ever.

I have tons more pics, but I can't make the post too long. They played:
In the Midnights
I'll Go Until My Heart Stops
Elysium
At the End of August (there's nothing like a building full of people screaming, "LOYALTY"
The Heart and The Shape
Reviver
Felt Through a Phoneline (well maybe a building full of people screaming, "You've never looked so beautiful")
All The Night Lights (or "I've seen life through death, under the weight of it all, we all collapse...*continues the chorus*)

AWESOME. At the end of it I'd screamed myself hoarse, my mom thought they were wicked sweet, I was sweatier than I've ever been in my life, I had to kneal down. It's best summed up with what I said to Britt right after, "I need a cigarette after that." Razz

Fear Factory were the headliner. And I'd liked to share how sore I am from headbanging during their set, and how sore I am from the mosh pit spilling across the floor.

I got two high fives from the singer, and one from Dino. Dino was so awesome to us, he'd come over and headbang right in our faces, and he grabbed Ryan's hand. At the end after he'd tossed picks and shit, he got the setlist on his side, and designated it for Ryan, placed it in Ryan's hands and clapped. Nicest thing I've ever seen somebody do honestly.

We waited out back for some bands, but we were all sore, and tired, and Naynay had a curfew we'd already smashed to pieces, so I only talked to Anthony from ATB, but man. That night...fucking killer.

If you get the chance to see either Fear Factory or 36... GO! You will not regret it.

Check out my myspace or facebook for a full picture album. There's a shitton. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!

Female
Number of posts : 10978
Favorite WT song : Candels
Bless :
140 / 200140 / 200

Curse :
0 / 2000 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:23 am

Amy.I'm glad you liked my review! Very Happy

Kay it seems you had fun there! Very Happy Great review!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/XxfrozenbutterflyxX
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
190 / 200190 / 200

Curse :
0 / 2000 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:40 am

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE* Oh I am so happy for you Kay. It sounds so amazing. I'm so jealous I have to wait til November to see them again. Looks like an amazing setlist as well. Did they not play Slit Wrist Theory? They confused me at Download when they played another song after it. Maybe they're getting sick of it Razz I'm so happy you got to see them because they are the most incredible band live.

Thank you Andy Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master

Female
Bless :
200 / 200200 / 200

Curse :
1 / 2001 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:17 pm

*squeeeeeeeee*

Thank you Cris! Very Happy

Kellie, no Slit Wrist Theory. Which was a little startling, but I honestly didn't care, I mean they played 4 of my favorite songs, amazingly. And I do suppose after 8 years even an amazing song can get a little boring night after night, and I think All the Night Lights has a stronger finish, like the end of the song, I guess. XD I still wanna hear it live one day. <3
When you see them are they headling or are Eluvetie? ...not that I stalk their tours or anything. Razz

Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter

Female
Number of posts : 8166
Favorite WT song : Pale, Caged, Lost, Forgiven
Bless :
90 / 20090 / 200

Curse :
0 / 2000 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:12 pm

I just died reading that! Fear factory and 36CF?! Wide Eyed It sounds like one hell of an experience and I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.musesofmetal.com
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master

Female
Bless :
200 / 200200 / 200

Curse :
1 / 2001 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:27 pm

Ohmy Tay, it was. Glomp Thanks.

Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder

Female
Bless :
190 / 200190 / 200

Curse :
0 / 2000 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:30 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed it anyway Smile Yeah The All Night Lights is a good closing song. I'm sure you will hear it next time. They cant get away with not playing it for long. At The End Of August is just as amazing live though with everyone screaming along Smile

They're playing with DevilDriver when I see them, so I'm not sure which one of them are playing last because they're joint headliners. My guess is Devildriver are closing though. But atleast then I dont have to stand through them, because I've seen them before and the only thing worth watching is their pits.

Thank you Andy Smile

Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master

Female
Bless :
200 / 200200 / 200

Curse :
1 / 2001 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:36 pm

*squee* At the End of August... man. I wasn't expecting that or Felt Through a Phoneline, the guy next to me kept looking at me like I had six heads from all my exicitement. XD Or it mighta been that I was ruining his recording of THATS. Razz

36CF should close. They really have that energy... I mean... I should've taken pictures of the crowd. We were like building an involuntary pyramid climbing on top of each to be closer. XD But it's good you don't really have to deal with DevilDriver.

Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder

Female
Bless :
190 / 200190 / 200

Curse :
0 / 2000 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:45 pm

^ Very Happy It was an amazing setlist. How were the new songs live? I've got a video on my phone that Wez took of the wall of death and it's crazy Razz

I know right, they're more of a crowd pleaser than DevilDriver. Oh well, it looks like Wez will be winning the meet and greet so I dont care as long as I get to meet them again.

Thank you Andy Smile

Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master

Female
Bless :
200 / 200200 / 200

Curse :
1 / 2001 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:48 pm

AWESOME. Really, really awesome, everyone already knew the words to Reviver. And I knew In the Midnights cause they'd been streaming it the day before. XD Oh lord, I was scared shitless for a second cause Brock said something about splitting down the middle and I was like... "Ohohohshit I'm to small for a wall of death. I'll dieeeeeeeeee." But there wasn't. So I lived to the end.

*SQUEES FOR YOU*

Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder

Female
Bless :
190 / 200190 / 200

Curse :
0 / 2000 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:01 pm

Ok, I'm contemplating selling An Acoustic Night At The Theatre, The Silent Force Tour DVD, it's just the 2 DVD one, no CD and the case sometimes comes apart but it's not visably broken or anything and then Black Symphony CD and DVD, they're the seperate ones because I have them as a DVD, CD and then DVD and CD together.

I realise I really dont need 2 of everything so if anyone is interested in them you can PM me. I'm not too sure on prices yet but they can be negotiated.

Thank you Andy Smile

Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
200 / 200200 / 200

Curse :
0 / 2000 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:13 am

^*snuggle* I'm sure you could use the extra cash too. I'm not sure I could ever bring myself to sell any of my WT stuff. You have quite the amount of bravery, my dear.

So! Got my new violin! Very Happy Any ideas for names?

I'm thinking 'The Dove'...

4N6 CHIK
chase.the.infinite
Rule #1: If it annoys you, kill it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder

Female
Bless :
190 / 200190 / 200

Curse :
0 / 2000 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:14 pm

^ I need money to get to Ibiza and I really dont need 2 of the same thing. I love The Dove Smile so did you choose the violin over dancing in the end?

Thank you Andy Smile

Back to top Go down
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
170 / 200170 / 200

Curse :
0 / 2000 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:50 pm

If no one here wants them, why don't you just sell them on Amazon, Kellie?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter

Female
Bless :
90 / 20090 / 200

Curse :
0 / 2000 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:13 pm

I'm really saving my money right now. I'm going to buy Tristania's new album on pre-order then NO more spending. Razz

As for the violin "The Dove" is an amazing name! How well do you play or are they just for decoration? Razz I'm jealous.
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Ice Queen
Ice Queen

Female
Number of posts : 4031
Favorite WT song : The Promise
Bless :
43 / 20043 / 200

Curse :
0 / 2000 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:45 pm

Omg, I love the violin Andy, and also the name you've chosen. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com/index.htm
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master

Female
Bless :
200 / 200200 / 200

Curse :
1 / 2001 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:47 pm

Last night I went to A Bullet For a Pretty Boy/Inhale Exhale/Sleeping Giant/Demon Hunter with Ale, Britt, Ryan and Joe. It was...a lot things. Namely...a really good decision.

This was my first time seeing Ale since she got back from Colombia and I found that my worry that she'd've changed was just fucking stupid. We're still best friends. When we picked her up she got into the backseat of the car and I turned 90 degrees to hug her over the seat and she just about strangled me, and Ryan too. Even my mom was happy to see her.

So the five of us got there early and stood out front of the Recher in line for a while, and the doors didn't open on time which kinda annoyed me. We had to wait til 7:30, which has never happened all the times I've been to the Recher, they're always bam! on time.

We got up to our usual spots on the barrier a little to stage left, which means our right. Before the bands starting playing I went to buy some CDs for my dad since he can't go to concerts because of his neck surgery last month. I got him two Demon Hunter ones to start with and chatted with the merch guy about the t shirt designs and left without buying a shirt.

A Bullet For a Pretty Boy was first, and the place was...pretty freaking empty for them (it was pretty empty all night since Soilwork was playing across town at Sonar), and those of us that were there weren't particularly in great moods cause of the wait. But most of us were decent and made noise, except the prick next to me who was texting through them, oh Lord, how I wanted to rip his phone of this hands and chuck it to the back of the venue.

They were pretty good until one of their guitar players started singing, he wasn't very good. But the screamer and the keyboard player had good vocals. And I liked them a lot, they're better live than recorded, much like most post-hardcore types.

Inhale Exhale were next up and they're good. They had good presence and the singer was intent on getting moshpit going, and there was one for a while. And a good circle pit, I was...really tempted to get in for a few minutes there. And I remembered I'm a petite female and they're seven foot tall men and I'd die.

Sleeping Giant were next...and wow. That was powerful. I know some of you know that all these bands are Christian and I honestly expected to just be really pissed off by the time the night...but no. Quite the opposite, I found it really touching and I wasn't preached AT, I was talked WITH. Which I generally respond well too. So I'm not gonna tell you I'me saved or something dumb like that, but I did change my mind about a lot things.

When they were done Thom, the singer, got down to the barrier and shook everyone's hand and thanked them. He was rather shocked when I thanked him, I think.
After their set Ale and Britt and I kinda stood there shaking like, "Oh my god..." for a while. Ale and I went back to the Sleeping Giant merch table and bought matching shirts and got flyers for this conference in October and we turn around and there's Thom. So we talked to him for a while and went back up to Britt at the barrier.

Demon Hunter finally came on, and man...they're fucking cool. I can't tell you what songs they played, because I didn't have anything of theirs until now, but damn. It was pretty awesome.

After Demon Hunter's encore, I went back to their table and bought another CD. We walked out and A Bullet For a Pretty Boy are just standing out front. So I talked to them for a minute or so, and thanked them for the show. They were all really cool. And then we were walking to my mom's car and there's frikkin Thom AGAIN. And Ale almost pushes me into him and he laughs and smiles and goes, "Later dudes!"

So ta-da. The end of story time. XD
Oh and I have a zillion more pictures on my facebook and myspace if anyone wants to see them all. Razz

Back to top Go down
FallenHalos
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!

Female
Number of posts : 6906
Favorite WT song : Our Farewell, Towards the End, Utopia, Caged
Bless :
64 / 20064 / 200

Curse :
0 / 2000 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:22 pm

That sounds awesome Twinks! Very Happy Very Happy And awesome pics Glomp I'm glad you had a great time and everything is cool with Ale <33333333333333
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder

Female
Bless :
190 / 200190 / 200

Curse :
0 / 2000 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:46 pm

Sounds like you had an amazing night Very Happy I'm so happy for you Mooi <3

Thank you Andy Smile

Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master

Female
Bless :
200 / 200200 / 200

Curse :
1 / 2001 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:51 pm

Yeah it was, thank you both. Glomp And what's funny is that I only went because Don and Ryan Clark from Demon Hunter designed A Snow Capped Romance's cover. XD

Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder

Female
Bless :
190 / 200190 / 200

Curse :
0 / 2000 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:33 pm

I appologise for the essay now...

So as you all know this weekend I went to Bloodstock. I only have a few pictures right now as the rest are on the disposable camera.

I arrived on Thursday to lots and lots of rain. Luckily there was no queue to get in and Zoe had camped in the closest campsite Asgard and it took like 2 minutes to get there from the car. My pillow still got wet though Sad Luckily the rain held off long enough for me to put my tent up and then we all huddled under the Scottish guys who were camped with us, gazebo. When the rain got a bit better, we decided to head off to the arena, only to find it wasnít open yet and I realised I forgot to clip the top part of my tent on, the part that keeps the rain from getting in XD So I ran back to save my stuff. We went shopping round all the stalls in the arena and sat in the Bloodstock Arms pub for a few hours. Because everyone was wet and frozen they decided to go to bed pretty early so I set off to the arena on my own for a bit just to have another shop and got talking to some random people, as you do.

Friday I woke up to rain, which pissed me off as I couldnít make my crumpets. Oh and I forgot to mention my wellies have developed a hole so the second I stepped out the car the water went in. But the genius I am I decided that I would make socks out of bin bags and so my feet stayed dry all weekend. But yeah, I cant remember if I did see any of Snakebite when walking to meet everyone at the bar but I do remember listening to Black Spiders in the pub and I wasnít impressed with them. We then went shopping for a bit whilst Ross the Boss were on as I desperately needed to find a disposable camera incase I could get a picture with Tony. It took about 40 mins to finally find one. We also finally got a Jagermeister bandana after a whole year of me and Zoe going on about getting one. See last year we desperately wanted one but the Jager truck sold out and everytime we went over had gotten no more. So we went over expecting to pay £5-£10 for one only to find they were FREE!!!!! Which made us very very happy as we had waited a year for them. They IDíd me for it though, and I found it funny later they I did not get IDíd at the bar but I got IDíd for a free bandana. We went back and chilled in the tent for a bit and then I left to go to the signing tent to meet Sonata Arctica. But I got there to find it was the signing for Ross The Boss and I had gotten the time wrong and was an hour early Razz So I went back to the tent for a bit and to fangirl some more over Tony. Then it was finally time to go queue to meet my Finns. Me and the people queuing were very confused as to how there were 2 queues and decided If the people in the other one got in before us weíd kill them. But then we found out they were VIP so got priority over us Sad Ensiferum were playing as I queued and they are folky and they were alright, I was just so excited I didnít take much notice. Sonata werenít very talkative, but I think thatís because they were told to just sign as quick as possible Sad but Tony asked me how I was doing and I asked him about Northern Kings and said they should come to England. I told them all I was so fucking excited to see them later and thanked them all. Tony was a lot sexier close up and I donít know how I didnít jump over and kidnap him. We werenít allowed photos as there wasnít enough time as the queue was pretty big for them Sad I squeeíd a hell of a lot after and made my way over to Deli Kate for her amazing chicken and salad baguette. I got one at Download and it was amazing so I found her again. Then I bought a 2008 shirt as it was £5 and has Nightwish on the back so I could not resist. It was my first Bloodstock and the best so I had to.

Then I met up with Zoe and Vikki in the pub and got some drinks whilst watching Cathedral who were last minute replacements for Behemoth. Now as bad as it is that Nergal is ill, Behemoth cancelling was good for me as Sonata moved up the bill and got an hour long set! Cathedral were ok, a bit repetitive but generally alright. Then it was Gorgoroth who I ended up in the crowd for as everyone we were with wanted to go and we got pretty close. I was surprised to actually enjoy them as I really am not a fan of Black Metal at all. And I hate Gorgorothís imagery when I saw their video with a sheepís head. It made me realise how fucking ridiculous corpse paint and spikes look too. Black Metalís image really is hilarious, which is the opposite of what they are trying to portray. It works onstage I guess but just no one should try and replicate it, seeing people in corpse paint is just too funny. They had a stall doing face paint where you could get corpse paint done and the sign said ĎGrim up for £5í XD Cracked me up. And so after Gorgoroth it was time for Sonata Arctica. The only band I really cared about all weekend. As we were close for Gorgoroth I managed to get to 3rd row for Sonata with a very good view of Tony. Gorgoroth finished like 15/20 mins early and so there was quite a wait for Sonata. It started raining so I put my rain mac on and these guys were helping me put my hood up as I couldnít find it Razz They were pretty drunk and starting sing ĎIf I only had a hoodí to the tune of Kingdom For A Heart as it goes:
ĎI'd give it all for a heart
if I was a King I would give away my kingdom
Treasures and crowns wouldn't mean a thing
If I only had a heart, if I only had a heart...í
So they sang hood instead of heart XD

So yeah, SONATA! After nearly an hour of waiting for them my Finns came onstage and I was surprised that Tony was not dressed like a mad man. He had a black top and trousers on which shocked me but I guess he was just fitting in with Bloodstock. Not that you can take him seriously anyway, he is crazy, he runs round like a mad man, he yodelled and humped the air a lot Razz which did make me a very happy girl. They opened with Flag In The Ground which I love and has a hell of a lot of energy and then The Last Amazing Grays. I noticed people didnít seem to sing along to any new songs from the new album and yet me and the guy next to me were going crazy and screaming every word. People donít seem to like the last 2 albums much because shock horror a band changed their sound a bit. Wow, who wants some diversity in their music, not the people at Bloodstock apparently. Anyway their new album is amazing and everyone should listen to it. But yeah then it was Last Drop Falls, which when I saw them in December, Charlotte sang with them. So it was quite nice to hear just Tony sing it, even if Iíd prefer Charlotte there. And itís always funny to hear everyone scream Ďwithout underwearí (the song goes Ďwalking in the cool night air, without underwear, You have red light burning in your soulí) Iíll just say this now, 90% of Tonyís lyrics are amazing, 10% will make you cringe. But yeah, that song means a hell of a lot to me and I was very happy they played it. I think they played FullMoon next and thatís a very old song so everyone screamed along to that. Tony yodelled before it too which was hilarious. And the man has the most amazing voice <3 which is why Iím so in love with him. Then he had a nice speech about William Shakespeare and strangely I did not make the connection from that to them playing Juliet as the next song. That is my favourite off the new album so I screamed my head off when he said Juliet. Then it was 8th Commandment. They also played The Dead Skin which is also one of my favourites and means a lot to me so I pretty much lost my voice to that song. And then they played Paid In Full which is the first song I ever heard by Sonata and the reason I fell in love with them. It means so much to me I cant even explain, itís how I got through everything after Bloodstock last year because I checked them out not long after. As I was singing along and pointing to Tony for a lot of the words as you do, he pointed at me and sang to me. I can never put into words how much that meant to me. And it was the best part of the entire weekend. Then they played Donít Say A Word after most the crowd screaming for it Razz and it was nice to have the entire crowd actually sing along rather than be annoyed at them for playing new songs. I was more than happy with the setlist, could not have been better unless they played No Dream Can Heal A Broken Heart, which I knew they wouldnít. Then of course came the Vodka Song and Tony asks us all if there is something we need and we scream vodka Razz and the song just goes ĎVodka, we need some vodkaí and it gets faster everytime. Tony is hilarious on stage, he runs around, sounds fucking incredible and beautiful and I love love love frontmen who speak to the crowd. Zoe and her friends were on about Opethís singer speaking too much and said they just wanted them to play songs. Who the fuck doesnít want the band to interact with you? Seriously. I get annoyed with HIM that Ville doesnít. Thereís nothing better than members of the band getting the audience hyped up and chatting to them.

Ok Sonata are the only band you will get detail with so I hope youíre not too bored yet Razz I went back to the camp to see everyone and brag about Sonata and none of them had gone to see them. Their fucking loss. Some lad was telling me how gay Sonata and his only argument was who sings ĎI see you walking hand in hand, with long haired drummer of the bandí. Itís from Tallulah and I pretty much survived on that song for a while. Dickhead. He was wearing a Manowar shirt and has a Manowar tattoo, you cant get more gay than Manowar. They have an album cover of them in leather pants all oiled up. Anyway we heard Meshuggah from the tent but I wasnít taking too much notice. We went in for Opeth and I was surprised that they were actually pretty good. We saw them in 08 and I found them quite boring. Theyíre music just doesnít translate well to festivals. But they were pretty good, probably revised their setlist. Me and Vikki decided weíd do the Beyonce booty shake to Opeth and it became our dance of the weekend Razz We didnít really stay up much Friday as it was raining and we were all knackered.

Saturday I actually managed to make my crumpets in the morning Very Happy I got up early and got bored so headed into the arena and ended up seeing Leaves Eyes. Now I was against seeing them as I really donít like Liv. She ruins Delain songs. So I donít like her Razz but I have to say I rather enjoyed them. Livís a bit high pitched but the music is really fucking good and for having a 11:20am slot they had a big crowd and a lot of crowd participation. Then it was Evile, who were the first band I ever saw at Bloodstock in 08 on my birthday. I donít like them but I promised Wez Iíd see them as he thinks that they are the only good band there. I met up with everyone and started on getting drunk. Which I was for the rest of the day. We went in the crowd for Onslaught and I really enjoyed them. We then sat around for a while drinking and found the festival panda. Itís a bloke dressed as a panda who goes to all the festivals, I got a picture with him again Very Happy Then it was Obituary who were really fucking good, maybe it was the booze that made me like them more but I had a good rock out. And we did the Opeth dance Razz and added to it, just doing lots of sexual moves. I went back to the tent for a bit as Vikki had a fight with her boyfriend so we sat around moaning for a bit and some guy who Zoe knows came to meet us. Heís like 50 or 60 but he was real nice and funny and ended up buying us a keyring of us 3 because some people were taking pictures in the arena. We saw some of Devin Townsend but it wasnít my thing. Then we watched Benediction who are Brummies and were pretty good. Short songs which was a nice change. Didnít really watch much Fear Factory, but they seemed to have lots of energy and the crowd were loving them. Then it was Children Of Bodom who I have seen before at Download 08 but always forget Iíve seen them. Cant say their my thing but some songs were good. We sat at the pub for most of it doing the Opeth dance Razz I had a really fun day Saturday, it was such a laugh, it really was, not just because I was drunk we just generally were pissing around all day and all in high spirits.

On Sunday, aka my birthday, Steph decided to come for the day Smile Day ticketers are not supposed to come into the campsite but no one checked so I got her in. Oh and I got free Monster Very Happy they were giving it out FREE! Sunday was the day it did not rain and it was actually really hot. Steph got burnt in about half an hour Razz We went to see Doro and I quite enjoyed her, she sounded like Bonnie Tyler live and she has so much energy and really got the crowd going. We decided she sounds like Arnold Swartzenegger when she speaks so for Burning Witches I was singing ĎGet to- the chop-per, put that, cookie, downí. She also did a cover of Judas Priestís Breaking The Law which was cool. We went and bought some cowboy hats, and we lost mine Monday morning which Iím really gutted about. Then it was time for Korpiklaani! And they opened with Vodka which is their best song and fucking hilarious. Me and Steph had a dance and screamed all the words. Whilst drinking rum, not vodka Razz We then went back to the campsite and decided to stay there because Steph decided she was gonna stay the night and didnít want to get caught as she wasnít allowed to. We missed Gwar and Gojira but I wasnít really bothered about either. I would have liked to see Gwar for the novelty but Iíve heard they really arenít that funny and no one was impressed with them so maybe it wasnít too bad. I really wanted to buy some earings that I named John Two Hawks because they are Native American men. So we decided to go back to the arena to get them and some chips. We saw some Bloodbath and Steph did want to see them but they arenít my thing. Steph then got in touch with this guy Neil who is from a band called Left To Bleed that we saw last year. He came over to the tent and sat round drinking and then one of his friends came over. We had a good laugh and could hear Cannibal Corpse from where we were but I didnít really like them. Twisted Sister were headling and I really wasnít bothered about them. We could hear them and I held a picture of them up so that weíd see them Razz Neil gave Steph his wristband, even though they werenít checking them so we all went to the arena to see them. Cant say they impressed me. We went back to Neilís camp for a whole and then went back to the arena into the Sophie tent where they play songs and have like 5 guys mime to it onstage. Itís pretty funny. We went back to Neilís again about 2 am and there was some really drunk guys there. One kept try to proposition me and Steph but then realised Neil wanted Steph so kept trying to get me to shag him. Even though I kept saying I was gay. Itís funny at first but after 3 hours of it, itís just not anymore. I did have a laugh most the time but about 3:30am I was really fucking tired and cold and just wanted to go back. But Neil wouldnít give Steph the wristband so he could keep her there, which I found sweet at first but after 2 fucking hours of it, it really isnít. She didnít want to be left on her own with them so I couldnít leave. Ugh. I just wanted to sleep because I knew I had to clean everything before my mom got back. We finally got back to my tent and the people camped next to me decided to stay up all night so I just could not get to sleep, I cant be angry with them, they were just enjoying themselves. But yeah, all in all a really good weekend. I realised a lot of things, I put a lot of things behind me and I realise how much I needed that. So youíll not be hearing me go on about Zoe again. Thank god Razz

Ok piccies Very Happy

Jager like wristband!

Nemo hat Very Happy

I wore my lace top for TONY <333

Signed! And my Jager bandana tied to me Razz

XD

Steph came Very Happy

Gotta put some masks on Razz

Cant believe we lost my hat Sad

I stole the camping sign. I know I look fucking awful. I dont know if it's the light or what but my face is not that fat. I'm hoping the one on the camera is better.

So congrats if you read all that, you get my love Very Happy

Thank you Andy Smile

Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master

Female
Bless :
200 / 200200 / 200

Curse :
1 / 2001 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:05 am

Wooooo! I get love.

Sounds awesome. Very Happy YOU MET TONY <3 YOU MET THE MAN WHO WROTE NO DREAM CAN HEAL A BROKEN HEART!!!! <3333 Glomp

And that top you're wearing with the red anchors!! I love it!! And I bet you could fool someone into believing you and Steph are sisters, or at least cousins. XD

Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter

Female
Bless :
90 / 20090 / 200

Curse :
0 / 2000 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:17 am

Ha! I've read it all and my eyes don't hurt one bit Razz
gotta say I hugely enjoyed reading that and I'm glad you had fun sis <333
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder

Female
Bless :
190 / 200190 / 200

Curse :
0 / 2000 / 200

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:24 am

Yes you both get all my love Razz

It's a dress with the anchors on, I'll have to get a full pic of it. I love it. http://www.dunnesstores.ie/fashion.php?id=women&secId=308 But it looks better on Razz Some woman in Morrisons said me and Steph look alike once, but I cant see it Razz

*SQUEE* I MET TONY! IN MY LACE TOP! I got lots and lots of compliments about my boobs in that top XD

Thanks sis Very Happy and thanks Kay for actually reading all that Razz

Thank you Andy Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   

Back to top Go down

General discussion thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next