The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)

Go down 
+14
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
FallenHalos
KellieBent
Anna
LeiaLeFey
AliyahDuilliath
NeonFishnets
britrogue
TruthBeneathTheRose
themetalinme
cowluva
ice-queen
Caz
Deceiver-Of-Fools
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Empty
PostSubject: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 3:17 pm

One of the defining songs of Within Temptation, IMO. Beautiful intro, and the bridge is so beautiful. Everything about this song works perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 742
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue50 / 20050 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 5:11 pm

Yep i also love this song, one of my faves from The Silent Force Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/index.htm
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Number of posts : 5150
Favorite WT song : Utopia, Stand My Ground
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 6:06 pm

this song is amazing! one of my fav songs too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Within-Temptation96
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 6:21 pm

It's my second favourite (after the Promise). I remember the best WT song Poll on the WT forums, and the final round was between Jillian and The Promise. It was hard, but the Promise won Razz
Back to top Go down
cowluva
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
cowluva

Number of posts : 9
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue9 / 2009 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 6:49 pm

i was obsessed with this song for sooo long. really like the high energy in it
Back to top Go down
themetalinme
Restless
Restless
themetalinme

Female
Number of posts : 1280
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue160 / 200160 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue10 / 20010 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 10:36 pm

I love this song! Easily the best on The Silent Force
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/GeorgiaS7920
TruthBeneathTheRose
Sparkling Angel
Sparkling Angel
TruthBeneathTheRose

Female
Number of posts : 331
Favorite WT song : Jillian
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue15 / 20015 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 7:09 pm

This is my favourite WT song.The orchestra and choir entrance is wonderful.I also think that its one of the highlights of 'The Silent Force Tour' performance...

Isn't it true that its based on the Deverry cycle by Katharine Kerr?
Back to top Go down
themetalinme
Restless
Restless
themetalinme

Female
Number of posts : 1280
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue160 / 200160 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue10 / 20010 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 7:26 pm

yeah it is based on that book. i really want that book now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/GeorgiaS7920
TruthBeneathTheRose
Sparkling Angel
Sparkling Angel
TruthBeneathTheRose

Female
Number of posts : 331
Favorite WT song : Jillian
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue15 / 20015 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 2:02 am

I've only started reading 'Daggerspell' recently,but even after 50 pages its so obvious that the song is based on the series!
Back to top Go down
britrogue
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
britrogue

Female
Number of posts : 90
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:39 pm

WITHOUT a doubt, not just one of my fave WT tracks, but one of my most fave songs in the world. It was the first song of theirs that I heard, and I was hooked immediately. Absolutely beautiful.
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 10:30 am

Definitely a defining WT song Smile The bridge is gorgeous, not to mention every other part of the song, and I really like how the Intro at the Black Symphony lead into it. That sounds SO COOL. It's a great opener.
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Number of posts : 5150
Favorite WT song : Utopia, Stand My Ground
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 4:17 pm

hell yeah! i'm obsessed with this song at the moment
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Within-Temptation96
AliyahDuilliath
Restless
Restless
AliyahDuilliath

Female
Number of posts : 1189
Favorite WT song : Ice Queen, Caged, The Truth Beneath the Rose
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue90 / 20090 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 4:57 pm

I liked this song but I never knew what it was about. So it didn't cling as strongly as others. But it is gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/duilliathband
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 12:50 am

Well, it's based off of a book, like a lot of their songs are (books and movies), so I can understand where you're coming from. It's harder to connect to.
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Number of posts : 2876
Favorite WT song : The Promise and All I Need
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue157 / 200157 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 7:21 am

You mean I haven't commented on Jillian yet? Shocked This being one of my favorites. I find this song so powerful and well addicting for me. I've always loved it. There is just something about it. Just if you are a bit WT fan word of advice never discuss Katra around the dutch fans...if you don't know about the Tietaja incident then I'll gladly inform you.
Back to top Go down
http://leialefey.deviantart.com/
Anna
Restless
Restless
Anna

Female
Number of posts : 1412
Favorite WT song : The Dance
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue50 / 20050 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 7:24 am

This had got to be one of my favorites on the Silent Force. I love it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/wtanna/
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 9:54 am

LeiaLeFey wrote:
Just if you are a bit WT fan word of advice never discuss Katra around the dutch fans...if you don't know about the Tietaja incident then I'll gladly inform you.

Please do...
Back to top Go down
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 742
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 10:06 am

Another great song, one of my favourites
Back to top Go down
http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/index.htm
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Number of posts : 2876
Favorite WT song : The Promise and All I Need
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue157 / 200157 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 7:11 pm

NeonFishnets wrote:
LeiaLeFey wrote:
Just if you are a bit WT fan word of advice never discuss Katra around the dutch fans...if you don't know about the Tietaja incident then I'll gladly inform you.

Please do...

Andy doesn't know about Tietaja Shocked .... let me wallow in this moment for a second

ok I'm done

well Tietaja is the "stolen" Jillian that was a eurovision song a few years ago the music to it was copywright infringed and you can tell it by listening to it though the Finnish courts say other wise I can hear it...it was all over the press and there is even a comparison on youtube for it somewhere I'll have to find that again good thing is Katra never made it to be the Finnish contestant
Back to top Go down
http://leialefey.deviantart.com/
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 9:32 pm

Ah. Well I know of the Forever Slave rip-off of Deceiver of Fools, but yeah...I had never heard of that.

Wow.

*runs to youtube*
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 6:14 pm

That Katra - Tietäjä is bad Neutral

Anways I love Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) atm I've been listening to it alot so atm it is probably my favourite off The Silent Force. That is subject to change though.

I love the high 'Jillian' especially on TSF DVD and Sharon is on her knees. That is epic Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
FallenHalos
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
FallenHalos

Female
Number of posts : 6906
Favorite WT song : Our Farewell, Towards the End, Utopia, Caged
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue64 / 20064 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 11:53 pm

TruthBeneathTheRose wrote:
This is my favourite WT song.The orchestra and choir entrance is wonderful.I also think that its one of the highlights of 'The Silent Force Tour' performance...

Isn't it true that its based on the Deverry cycle by Katharine Kerr?
yay you answered my question. I have been wonderng for SO long why they wrote this song, and if I couldn't find out I wanted to ask Sharon personally. I had a friend named Jill..... the lyrics fit everything so perfectly!!!!

This is such an amazing song, I love everything about it.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 11:41 pm

Now I want to read Deverry Cycle. I had a thought one day when I was listening to Jillian when walking home, where the name Jillian came from. Then I realised it was probably a book Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
FallenHalos
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
FallenHalos

Female
Number of posts : 6906
Favorite WT song : Our Farewell, Towards the End, Utopia, Caged
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue64 / 20064 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 7:21 pm

I have to read it too. *sighs* It's probably going ot make me cry.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 10978
Favorite WT song : Candels
Bless :
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:38 pm

it`s defintely one of the best WT song i think it`s my 5th from my top10..
it`s a really sweet one,the best from TSF for me Very Happy
i love the lyrics,the bridge,the atmosphere,everything about it! In Love
but what does Jillian mean??? confused
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)   Jillian (I'd Give My Heart) Empty

Back to top Go down

Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next