The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Hand Of Sorrow

Go down 
+14
WTrocker
BigBossWTF
magnoly
Onno
Amairwyn
KellieBent
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
And2DieIsEasy
Caz
Anna
ice-queen
NeonFishnets
themetalinme
Ktsunami
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :
Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand Of Sorrow   Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 9:02 pm

IT COULD TOTALLY BE ABOUT SNAPE!

Well, at least parts of it remind me of Snape from HP.

"The child without a name grew up to the hand, to watch you, to shield you or kill on demand"
Snape hated his father for either being a muggle or being a jerk to his mom. He was referred to by Harry as one of the lost boys like him and Sirius and Tom Riddle.

"The choice he'd make he could not comprehend"
This could either be about loving Lily, protecting Harry or being a Death Eater/Death Eater spy in the first place.

"His blood a grim secret"
He was half-blood. Death Eaters only really like Purebloods.

"He's torn between his honor and the true love of his life"
Lily Evans was his true love, but his Death Eater friends obviously wouldn't be be down with him marrying a muggle-born.

"Will all our sins be justified"
I think that could mean Snape repenting for causing the death of Lily by joining the Order, etc.

"The curse of his powers tormented his life"
This could be about being an Occlumens, it might be a bit unpleasant to have to shield your mind from the most evil wizard ever all the frikkin time.

"Obeying the crown was a sinister price"
A crown is a symbol of royalty, and Voldemort called himself "Lord" because he wanted to have a royal kind of power, yes? So he had to go along with Voldemort to spy to protect Lily's son. Doubt he enjoyed that after Voldemort killed the one person he really loved.

"His soul was tortured by love and pain"
UH HELL-O? Technically at least 50% respondsible for the death of his love. I honestly doubt he wasn't in pain.

"He surely would flee, but the oath made him stay"
He might have dropped off the face of the planet after Lily was killed, if Dumbledore and he hadn't come up with the plan to spy. Or it could mean that the presence of his Dark Mark made him always continue spying so he wouldn't be killed too.

"Please forgive me for the sorrow, for leaving you in fear
For the dreams we had to silence - that's all they'll ever be
Still I'll be the hand that serves you, though you'll not see that it is me"
I think that could have been one of Snape last thoughts, dying in Harry's arms. I'm sure he was truely sorry for killing Harry's mother, and causing his life to be miserable for 17 years. The hand that serves you part would be obivous, Snape was always on Harry's side, most of the time unbeknownst to Harry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Number of posts : 1885
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Hand Of Sorrow   Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 10:26 am

^ Nice interpretation Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
Number of posts : 4931
Favorite WT song : All I Need
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :
Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue75 / 20075 / 200Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Hand Of Sorrow   Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:23 am

Ktsunami wrote:
IT COULD TOTALLY BE ABOUT SNAPE!

Well, at least parts of it remind me of Snape from HP.

"The child without a name grew up to the hand, to watch you, to shield you or kill on demand"
Snape hated his father for either being a muggle or being a jerk to his mom. He was referred to by Harry as one of the lost boys like him and Sirius and Tom Riddle.

"The choice he'd make he could not comprehend"
This could either be about loving Lily, protecting Harry or being a Death Eater/Death Eater spy in the first place.

"His blood a grim secret"
He was half-blood. Death Eaters only really like Purebloods.

"He's torn between his honor and the true love of his life"
Lily Evans was his true love, but his Death Eater friends obviously wouldn't be be down with him marrying a muggle-born.

"Will all our sins be justified"
I think that could mean Snape repenting for causing the death of Lily by joining the Order, etc.

"The curse of his powers tormented his life"
This could be about being an Occlumens, it might be a bit unpleasant to have to shield your mind from the most evil wizard ever all the frikkin time.

"Obeying the crown was a sinister price"
A crown is a symbol of royalty, and Voldemort called himself "Lord" because he wanted to have a royal kind of power, yes? So he had to go along with Voldemort to spy to protect Lily's son. Doubt he enjoyed that after Voldemort killed the one person he really loved.

"His soul was tortured by love and pain"
UH HELL-O? Technically at least 50% respondsible for the death of his love. I honestly doubt he wasn't in pain.

"He surely would flee, but the oath made him stay"
He might have dropped off the face of the planet after Lily was killed, if Dumbledore and he hadn't come up with the plan to spy. Or it could mean that the presence of his Dark Mark made him always continue spying so he wouldn't be killed too.

"Please forgive me for the sorrow, for leaving you in fear
For the dreams we had to silence - that's all they'll ever be
Still I'll be the hand that serves you, though you'll not see that it is me"
I think that could have been one of Snape last thoughts, dying in Harry's arms. I'm sure he was truely sorry for killing Harry's mother, and causing his life to be miserable for 17 years. The hand that serves you part would be obivous, Snape was always on Harry's side, most of the time unbeknownst to Harry.

That has got to be one of the longest, most thorough, interpretations for a single song that I have ever seen! I'm amazed...good job! Wide Eyed
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bigbossms
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 10978
Favorite WT song : Candels
Bless :
Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Hand Of Sorrow   Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:30 am

Kayleigh you really have an awesome interpretation I love you .I must read the HP books again just to remind Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxfrozenbutterflyxX
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Number of posts : 11505
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Hand Of Sorrow   Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:47 am

Bloody hell, Kay I never thought of it in that way. Great job! Very Happy Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :

Curse :
Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Hand Of Sorrow   Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 4:58 pm

Thanks! The idea just kind of fell into my head though, I'm pretty amazed I thought of it myself. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
HandOfSorrow
Restless
Restless
HandOfSorrow

Female
Number of posts : 1389
Favorite WT song : Hand Of Sorrow,The Promise, A Demon's Fate, ITMOTN
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Hand Of Sorrow   Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 5:17 pm

Hand of sorrow is my favourite song EVER by WT Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Herz Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Herz !! ( like you can see it with my username Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Icon_wink )
It's epic, beautiful, suffering, strong, dreamy, perfect.
I totally adore this song and of course it makes everybody jump Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Changed?
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Changed?

Female
Number of posts : 59
Favorite WT song : Forgiven and The Cross
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Hand Of Sorrow   Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:21 am

One of my favorite songs. I thought it was based off of Harry Potter. And then heard it was actually written off of Robin Hood. Razz Still a good song.
Back to top Go down
http://sireniaforum.forummotions.com
wtfan1995
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
wtfan1995

Female
Number of posts : 1730
Favorite WT song : Lost, Final Destination, Aquarius
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Hand Of Sorrow   Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 10:30 pm

This song is amazing!! One of the first I heard by WT, if not THE first, and I still love it! Just makes me wanna headbang like a madman Smile
The Eindhoven is my favorite performance of the song! Does anyone know what octave she's singing in during the vocalizing? It sounds like it might be the 6th, but I dunno, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://semblanceofliberty.tumblr.com
vanessaweber
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
vanessaweber

Female
Number of posts : 127
Favorite WT song : The Truth Beneath The Rose, Never-Ending Story, Somewhe
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Hand Of Sorrow   Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 8:17 am

One of my faves on THOE. I think it has a sort of chivalrous/medieval story like feel to it. It's so beautiful and awesome as well.
Whenever I think of it, I think of Ash and Meghan from The Iron Fey series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hand Of Sorrow   Hand Of Sorrow - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hand Of Sorrow
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum :: Within Temptation :: Music :: Songs-
Jump to: