The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven

Go down 
+8
ice-queen
Fork Ninja
Onno
Deceiver-Of-Fools
LeiaLeFey
NeonFishnets
Frozen
Toatsies
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Toatsies
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Toatsies

Number of posts : 161
Favorite WT song : All I Need
Bless :
*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Right_bar_bleue

*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Empty
PostSubject: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 1:17 pm

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=41761631
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EloEMyAWXA&fmt=18
Quote :
Forgiven, video off of the album The Heart Of Everything. Live footage taken from the upcoming Black Symphony DVD.

It's beautiful.
Shocked
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Deceiver Of Fools
Deceiver Of Fools
Frozen

Female
Number of posts : 2119
Favorite WT song : The Howling
Bless :
*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 2:42 pm

is this the offical one or a fanmade
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 6:18 pm

It's official.
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
Frozen
Deceiver Of Fools
Deceiver Of Fools
Frozen

Female
Bless :
*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 6:21 pm

oh it nice i was hope it would be a video like music video but this is nice too
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :
*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 6:32 pm

I was hoping for that too..but it's cool to see some early footage *gets all giddy-like*
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Number of posts : 2876
Favorite WT song : The Promise and All I Need
Bless :
*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Left_bar_bleue157 / 200157 / 200*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 6:38 pm

It's beautiful and the shots they used were amazing. Some really great ones of Sharon dancing and the clip of Keith kissing Robert's head was just cute.
Back to top Go down
http://leialefey.deviantart.com/
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 6:41 pm

I agree xD Amazing video. Very sentimental.
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Bless :
*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Left_bar_bleue157 / 200157 / 200*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 6:43 pm

Yeah they really made it fit the song....now I can't wait for my single to get here.
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 7:07 pm

I know!! *bounces in seat*
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Deceiver Of Fools
Deceiver Of Fools
Frozen

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 7:41 pm

haha yeah that keith kissing roberts head made me laugh he is so short but cute lol
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 8:07 pm

Mucho lubs <3
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Number of posts : 1885
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 8:43 pm

I don't like it. It's the same concept as Jillian, but now with a song that doesn't fit it. The energy in the shots is depressingly slowed down and in contrast to the song. And otherwise, because of all the other scenes, the emotion of Forgiven doesn't really come over. If they knew they were going for a DVD compilation video, why not OSH or HOS? Jillian was funny and entertaining, but this is just... boring.

One thing that really worries me though, is that some scenes are black and white. I sincerely hope that doesn't mean the DVD is partly black and white too...

Frozen wrote:
haha yeah that keith kissing roberts head made me laugh he is so short but cute lol
What's with that? Is it normal for Americans to do that to other grown-ups? Neutral
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 9:16 pm

No the kissing thing isn't normal. Maybe Keith was just being cute.
Back to top Go down
Toatsies
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Toatsies

Bless :
*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 2:44 am

Onno wrote:
I don't like it. It's the same concept as Jillian, but now with a song that doesn't fit it. The energy in the shots is depressingly slowed down and in contrast to the song. And otherwise, because of all the other scenes, the emotion of Forgiven doesn't really come over. If they knew they were going for a DVD compilation video, why not OSH or HOS? Jillian was funny and entertaining, but this is just... boring.

One thing that really worries me though, is that some scenes are black and white. I sincerely hope that doesn't mean the DVD is partly black and white too...

Frozen wrote:
What's with that? Is it normal for Americans to do that to other grown-ups? Neutral
Well, they could have picked a much better promo song but I still think the video is so beautiful. I thought it was very emotional. Neutral
My favorite part is Stephen hugs Sharon and then the ending with all the confetti.
It won't be black and white. They just did that for the effect.
Go to 1:53 of this video which shows a clip of Forgiven from the concert, in color.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMZRTauN9ns
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:11 pm

Yeah, the hugging part is cute... but confetti is meant for songs like Ice Queen and such, not Forgiven.
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 6:38 pm

I thought the video was beautiful. I didn't expect them to film yet another professional one after they did 6 for this album. And as for the Keith kissing Robert bit...I did some research there...Keith was toasted. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 8:43 pm

Oh yeah, I remember someone who went to the concert said the same! Laughing He drank booze on stage, so it was quite obvious to them.
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 11:59 pm

I think I was told a whole bottle of red wine. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 12:01 am

I really don't get it. Forgiven is probably one of the saddest, most powerful songs I can think of. Why is it representing something so happy?

That video actually scared me. It's like something someone who is about to kill themselves would make...

Actually the whole concept of the Black Symphony doesn't sit right with me. It's almost like a finale...like how can they ever match that epicness?
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 12:06 am

Forgiven is one of the most favored songs on the album even by people who aren't fans. Maybe that is why they picked it for the single on top of the fact it is easier to cut down to the single edit than most of the others. I'm sure they had their reasons for it. They did do an amazing job with the video trying to convey the concert around the song. And adding the effects as well. It is not what we might have liked, pictured, or expected but above all else it is pure WT.
Back to top Go down
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 12:13 am

Perhaps it is a tribute to something?

I can't see WT picking a song just because it is easy to change into single format.
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 12:27 am

Well only 3 songs remaining that weren't used as singles were easily changeable to single format: OSH, The Cross, and Forgiven. But besides that it was popular by the fans and non fans which also made using it a plus.
Back to top Go down
Toatsies
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Toatsies

Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 7:23 am

I don't think it was necessary to release Forgiven.
They should have just used Our Solemn Hour as the next single and stuck with the trailer already made. It's the better song to promote Black Symphony.

In the single-edit they cut out the best part of Forgiven. Sad
Back to top Go down
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Number of posts : 5150
Favorite WT song : Utopia, Stand My Ground
Bless :
*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 8:12 pm

OMG i loved it!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Within-Temptation96
Frozen
Deceiver Of Fools
Deceiver Of Fools
Frozen

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 5:52 pm

i like the robert part where is just staring at the camera man he scared me and it fit that lyrics "Your silence makes me hold my breath"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven   *New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven Empty

Back to top Go down

*New Video* Within Temptation - Forgiven
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next