The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Sharon's Guest Appearances

Go down 
+30
xut0piax
Diny
Mitsy
angedemon
nightfalls
Lady Draconian
Dragana
Emmy
BigBossWTF
magnoly
WTrocker
Fork Ninja
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Amairwyn
Anna
FallenHalos
Audina
KellieBent
Caz
AliyahDuilliath
LeiaLeFey
Franneke
NeonFishnets
rafi
ice-queen
cowluva
Tash
Ktsunami
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Onno
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Number of posts : 1885
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
Sharon's Guest Appearances Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Sharon's Guest Appearances Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Sharon's Guest Appearances Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Sharon's Guest Appearances Right_bar_bleue

Sharon's Guest Appearances Empty
PostSubject: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 7:33 pm

Okay, so we know Sharon did quite some guest appearances (if not, see my list below). This topic is there to discuss about all of them :) Which one(s) do we think is the best and which is the worst?

The best, I think is No Compliance. And I like Voyage's Frozen too.
The worst imo is Silicon Head's Hear. Weird song, and Sharon's contribution is kind of boring.

A list of guest appearances:

Album appearances:
Embrace (Voyage, 1996) "Frozen"
Bash (Silicon Head, 1997) "Hear"
Into the Electric Castle (Ayreon, 1998) "Isis & Osiris," "Amazing Flight," "The Decision Tree," "Tunnel of Light," "The Garden of Emotions," "Cosmic Fusion," "Another Time, Another Space"
Schizo (Heideroosjes, 1999) "Regular Day in Bosnia"
Prison of Desire (After Forever, 2000) "Beyond Me"
The Metal Opera (Avantasia, 2000) "Farewell"
Inside (Orphanage, 2000) "Behold"
Architecture of the Imagination (Paralysis, 2000) "Fly," "Architecture of the Imagination"
Fast Forward (Heideroosjes, 2001) "Last Call to Humanity"
The Metal Opera Part II (Avantasia, 2002) "Into the Unknown"
Hymn to Life (Timo Tolkki, 2002) "Are You the One?"
Fooly Dressed (Aemen, 2002) "Time," "Waltz"
Lucidity (Delain, 2006) "No Compliance"
Mea Culpa (After Forever, 2006) "Beyond Me" (Gruntless version)
Imagine (Armin van Buuren, 2008) "In And Out Of Love"
Prison of Desire: The album - the sessions (After Forever, 2008) "Beyond Me" (Album version and session version)
Pure Air (Anneke van Giersbergen, 2009) "Somewhere"
Imagine: The Remixes (Armin van Buuren, 2009) "In And Out Of Love" (The Blizzard Remix and Richard Durand Mix)
Truth or Dare (Oomph!, 2010) "Land Ahead"
TBC (Chris Jones, 2010?) "Stupid"

Singles:

Zwemmen In De Lucht (Eric Dikeb/Henk Westbroek/Di-rect, 2001 or 2002) Download only
Time (Aemen, 2003) Radio Version/Live @ Denk aan Henk, 3FM
Als Je Iets Kan Doen (Artiesten voor Azië, 2005) * all-star charity single
In And Out Of Love (Armin van Buuren, 2008) Radio Edit/Album Version/The Blizzard Mix/Richard Durand Mix

DVD appearances:
Live is a Magic Theatre (Aemen, 2006) "Time" (Live Video and Music Video)

Live/Others:
Heideroosjes - "Regular Day in Bosnia" (Live @ Pinkpop 1999)
Rosemary's Sons - "Shine" (Live @ Dauwpop 2002 and maybe a few more)\
Heideroosjes - "Candy" (Live @ Pinkpop 2005)
After Forever - "Beyond Me" (Live @ Java Island 2005 and Live @ Beekefeesten, Bathmen, 2006)
Delain - "No Compliance" (Live @ Broerenkerk, Zwolle 2007 and a few French dates, Live @ Lowlands 2009)
Armin van Buuren - "In And Out Of Love" (Live @ Armin Only, Jaarbeurshallen Utrecht, 2008 and Live @ Buma Harpengala 2010)
Boudewijn de Groot - "Meester Prikkebeen" (Live @ Vrienden van Amstel Live! 2009)
Boudewijn de Groot - "Avond" (Live @ Vrienden van Amstel Live! 2009)
Bart van der Weide/Henk Hofstede - "Dodenrit" (Drs. P cover, Live @ Vrienden van Amstel Live! 2009)
Agua de Annique - "Somewhere" (Live @ Melkweg, Amsterdam & Live @ Oosterpoort, Groningen 2009)
Peter & Zoltan Katona feat. John Miles - "Stairway To Heaven" (Live @ Night of the Proms 2009)

Semi-Solo:
"Crucify" (Tori Amos cover, live with the band of Belgian TV show 'De Laatste Show', 2002)
"Ice Queen" (Live @ NOTP with orchestra "Il Novecento")
"Stand My Ground" (Live @ NOTP with orchestra "Il Novecento")
"Nothing Else Matters" (Live @ Because I'm A Girl Concert, Amsterdam, 2010)
"Woman In Chains" feat. Nils Krake (Live @ Because I'm A Girl Concert, Amsterdam, 2010)

Notes:
There's also a TV perfomance of "Als je iets kan doen", but Sharon's parts were mimed.
The Aemen site reports some more radio perfomances of 'Time', but it's
unsure if Sharon was present in those. She also joined them for a few
live gigs.
Sharon has also sung "Behold" with Orphanage a couple of
times, a small piece can be found on The Silent Force Tour DVD. Other
perfomances are unknown.

Last edited by Onno on Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
Sharon's Guest Appearances Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Sharon's Guest Appearances Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Sharon's Guest Appearances Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Sharon's Guest Appearances Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 9:24 pm

No Compliance pwns. Seems like both Westerholt boys have great musical talent.
I think Time with Aemen was a bad idea. Their voices don't mix.
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :
Sharon's Guest Appearances Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Sharon's Guest Appearances Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Sharon's Guest Appearances Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Sharon's Guest Appearances Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 10:39 pm

Time was definetly not a good idea Sad No Compliance was better imo
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :

Curse :
Sharon's Guest Appearances Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Sharon's Guest Appearances Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 10:42 pm

Into the Electric Castle (Ayreon, 1998) "Isis & Osiris," "Amazing Flight," "The Decision Tree," "Tunnel of Light," "The Garden of Emotions," "Cosmic Fusion," "Another Time, Another Space"
Schizo (De Heideroosjes, 1999) "Regular Day in Bosnia"
Architecture of the Imagination (Paralysis, 2000) "Fly," "Architecture of the Imagination"
Fast Forward (De Heideroosjes, 2001) "Last Call to Humanity"
"Crucify" (Tori Amos cover, live with De Laatste Show-band)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :
Sharon's Guest Appearances Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Sharon's Guest Appearances Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 11:18 pm

There's also "Candy" (Live with Heideroosjes, at Pinkpop 2005) and "Zwemmen In De Lucht" (a song broadcast on radio with two deejays) and "Als Je Iets Kan Doen" (all-star charity single by "Artiesten voor Azië")
Back to top Go down
Tash
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 2
Bless :
Sharon's Guest Appearances Left_bar_bleue2 / 2002 / 200Sharon's Guest Appearances Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Sharon's Guest Appearances Left_bar_bleue15 / 20015 / 200Sharon's Guest Appearances Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 6:15 pm

Just came across another new guest appearance by Sharon on the official site. It's very catchy but a different style of music. The CD is called Going Wrong by Armin van Buuren. The release date is the 22 April from what I read on the official site.

I can't seem to stop listening at the moment!

http://arminvanbuuren.hyves.nl/
Back to top Go down
cowluva
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
cowluva

Number of posts : 9
Bless :
Sharon's Guest Appearances Left_bar_bleue9 / 2009 / 200Sharon's Guest Appearances Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 6:47 pm

to be honest, i haven't liked most of her guest appearances for some reason. i feel like a lot of the songs have been really lackluster
Back to top Go down
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Number of posts : 5150
Favorite WT song : Utopia, Stand My Ground
Bless :
Sharon's Guest Appearances Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200Sharon's Guest Appearances Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 8:32 pm

Tash wrote:
Just came across another new guest appearance by Sharon on the official site. It's very catchy but a different style of music. The CD is called Going Wrong by Armin van Buuren. The release date is the 22 April from what I read on the official site.

I can't seem to stop listening at the moment!

http://arminvanbuuren.hyves.nl/

that song is amazing! her voice goes with it so well! i've listened to it a lot lately Very Happy

i must say that for me the best appearances have to be voyage's frozen, no compliance and beyond me
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Within-Temptation96
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 12:32 pm

Sharon joined Armin van Buuren at 'Armin Only' to sing In And Out of Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esKvE55T0R4

Sharon is not really used to a dance-audience, bless her. Smile
Back to top Go down
rafi
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
rafi

Number of posts : 11
Bless :
Sharon's Guest Appearances Left_bar_bleue10 / 20010 / 200Sharon's Guest Appearances Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 3:34 am

Ktsunami wrote:

Schizo (De Heideroosjes, 1999) "Regular Day in Bosnia"
Fast Forward (De Heideroosjes, 2001) "Last Call to Humanity"
"Crucify" (Tori Amos cover, live with De Laatste Show-band)

thenx alot
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/myurlnameissuck
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 7:50 am

Well I really loved when they did "Kronenburg Park" with Frank Boeijen. That's probably one of my favorites.

...I don't know if I really disliked -any- of them.

And "In and Out of Love" stole my heart right when I heard it. I'm a big techno and dance music fan...add something WT into that and you've sent me directly to heaven.
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
Franneke
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Franneke

Female
Number of posts : 136
Favorite WT song : Somewhere & The Promise
Bless :
Sharon's Guest Appearances Left_bar_bleue30 / 20030 / 200Sharon's Guest Appearances Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptyTue May 27, 2008 7:19 am

I really like her guess appearances in AF shows Very Happy singing "Beyond Me" together with Floor Very Happy

Just look at this video( bad quality but well Razz)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtuBOFFhcdc
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptyWed May 28, 2008 8:04 pm

The studio version of that's really cool too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 11:30 pm

*Uses this as Guest-Appearance topic*

The "In And Out Of Love" single gets released in August, and on this site you can listen to two remixes. I think track 3 is pretty good.

Tries again...

Last edited by Onno on Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 11:33 pm

Could you rename the link? It's not working. Copy + paste or clicking.

Like this.
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 11:34 pm

BBCode on this board hates me Crying or Very sad I can't get any code to work!

Oh, never mind, an alternative link did work.
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 12:58 am

Whoopie!!!

Yeah, 3 is awesome. I love it.

Thanks for posting that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Number of posts : 2876
Favorite WT song : The Promise and All I Need
Bless :
Sharon's Guest Appearances Left_bar_bleue157 / 200157 / 200Sharon's Guest Appearances Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Sharon's Guest Appearances Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Sharon's Guest Appearances Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 8:46 pm

I love a lot of her guest appearances though there are some I just didn't like.

I really like "Time", "In And Out of Love", "Candy", "Frozen" with Voyage, "Beyond Me" and "No Compliance"
Back to top Go down
http://leialefey.deviantart.com/
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 10:23 pm

Does anyone have a recording or video of "Candy"? I'm very curious.
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Bless :
Sharon's Guest Appearances Left_bar_bleue157 / 200157 / 200Sharon's Guest Appearances Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 10:29 pm

I have the audio to it. And will share through pm request only so no one can fuss at me for it.
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 2:56 pm

There will be a video to In And Out Of Love. Shocked Sharon and Armin play lovers in the video, which will be based on Nelly Furtado's 'Say It Right'.
Back to top Go down
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Number of posts : 5150
Favorite WT song : Utopia, Stand My Ground
Bless :
Sharon's Guest Appearances Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200Sharon's Guest Appearances Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 4:02 pm

omg that's so cool! i can't wait to see it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Within-Temptation96
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 7:07 pm

That sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 9:25 pm

OOH!1 I'm so excited!!!
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
Sharon's Guest Appearances Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Sharon's Guest Appearances Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 6:44 pm

IAOOL is so growing on me at the moment. It just sticks in your head! Oooooh-ooooooh-oooh-ooh-oooh!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Guest Appearances   Sharon's Guest Appearances Empty

Back to top Go down

Sharon's Guest Appearances
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next