The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Within Temptation Lyrics

Go down 
+4
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Ktsunami
NeonFishnets
KellieBent
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Within Temptation Lyrics Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Within Temptation Lyrics Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Within Temptation Lyrics Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Within Temptation Lyrics Right_bar_bleue

Within Temptation Lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 12:11 am

So I read a few comments on the Femme Metal board and some were saying WT lyrics were simple and generic.

I think maybe they might be more simple than some but I wouldn't exactly say they were simple or generic. I dont really listen to many female fronted bands so haven't that many to compare with. I suppose Nightwish are very fantasy and maybe more complicated and maybe this is for other female fronted bands. I think more importantly in lyrics is that they are relateable and WT's lyrics are very relateable from lots of different perspectives. Like I dunno Somewhere that can be interpreted in many different ways and I think that the best lyrics are the ones you can relate to.

I think there is a lot of emotion in the lyrics as well. Which makes for amazing lyrics Smile

I'd like to know what everyone else thinks of WT's lyrics Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
Within Temptation Lyrics Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Within Temptation Lyrics Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Within Temptation Lyrics Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Within Temptation Lyrics Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 12:16 am

I love WT's lyrics...not only because they aren't always about love, but also because they use a lot of metaphors, and a lot of them are inspired by movies and books, which you don't find very often in a band. And the lyrics themselves are inspiring. Frozen, Overcome, Forgiven, Our Farewell, Pale...it's not so much the music in those that I love-- but the lyrics.

I don't find them to be simple or generic at all. Sure, the ones about certain stories aren't exactly close to heart, but I think it's amazing that they can do that and write a song about a book. I'd never be able to do that in my life.
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
Within Temptation Lyrics Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Within Temptation Lyrics Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 12:21 am

I agree they still make the stories amazing Smile

I never really liked Pale that much until I heard the acoustic version and then I really listened to the lyrics and they are some of the most amazing lyrics ever Smile for me anyway because it is exactly how I feel. I think how we can all interpret songs so differently and all relate to them is pure writing talent. It just feels like they have written these songs for you because you understand them so well and then someone else will too but in a different way.
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :
Within Temptation Lyrics Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Within Temptation Lyrics Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Within Temptation Lyrics Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Within Temptation Lyrics Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 8:34 pm

I like WHYD. I don't care what the majority of the world thinks about them. It's cause there so relatable. And I love SMG's lyrics not so much the music -don't murder me- but the lyrics are such a good pick-me-up. I also really like The Last Time. They've been so relatable for the last two years. And I'm starting to see things that way after listening to it 20000 billion times. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 10978
Favorite WT song : Candels
Bless :
Within Temptation Lyrics Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Within Temptation Lyrics Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 11:57 am

love WT lyrics.They may be simple but they have a lot of emotion.my favorite lyrics in:
Deceiver Of Fools
Hand Of Sorrow
Somewhere
Stand My Ground
See Who I Am
Candles
Mother Earth
The Truth Beneath the Rose( i don`t really say that i believe in tem but they are very..no words)
and more..
and those aren`t in a certain order...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxfrozenbutterflyxX
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Number of posts : 11505
Bless :
Within Temptation Lyrics Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200Within Temptation Lyrics Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 10:32 am

I love WT lyrics. There might be a lot of meaning behing some of them too. They are awesome and a lot of people can relate to a lot of these songs. Thats why WT has become my favourite band. I dont care what haters have to say. I just say I dont like the music they listen to(RAP)
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :
Within Temptation Lyrics Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Within Temptation Lyrics Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 11:08 am

^this is what i think about rap: Sick
Yes i do relate on WT lyrics,aspecially on Overcome/Run,it`s one of my fave songs Wink
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 11:52 am

Oh and i on`t think WT lyrics are generic.They might be simple but they have a lot of meaning behind the words and are very realatable.I mean other female fronted bands have more "fatasy"lyrics,but i can`t really relate to them. scratch
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 5:28 pm

No I cant say I really like fantasy lyrics. The more fantasy ones of NW are usually my least favourite songs really, except Wanderlust Smile

As much as music is escapism I do think you also need to relate to it. Wt's lyrics give me strength and hope and I think I probably need that more than escapism. I think they have a good balance, their lyrics are relatable but the music is fantasy.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 6:48 pm

^One of your best comments Clapping
I do like NW`s lyrics they are like a story but sometimes i takes me a lot to think ehat they really mean scratch
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 6:54 pm

Razz Thanks.

I still find the more fantasy songs of WT like Hand Of Sorrow, it's still relatable. Whereas some NW songs are just completely a story. I really love Tuomas' lyrics though. I dont really listen to any other female fronted bands, so I dont mean to be trying to make a comparison Razz

I really do think the balance WT have between being relatable and being fantasy is what makes them so perfect Smile
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 7:12 pm

^Yes that`s what I though:fantasy and reality in a song,that`s why WT are my fave band Very Happy
Oh and I didn`t want to compare eighter Razz
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :
Within Temptation Lyrics Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200Within Temptation Lyrics Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 7:13 pm

I can't compare bands. It just ends with people hating each other. The WT lyrics have so much meaning to them!
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 7:30 pm

^I second that Wink
I hate comparissions between female fronted bands,just because of the singer,i can`t find another reason Swearing
WT lyrics are very realatable(wrong spelled?)aspecially the ones from TSF and THOE I love you
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 7:31 pm

Not sure if that's wrong! TSF and THoE are "realatable"(hahaha) lyrics.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 7:32 pm

Ok Laughing
But I do also love love the lyrics from Enter they`re haunting,dark and misterious Wink
and ME lyrics..kinda reminds me of my chilhood XD
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 7:34 pm

Ha your childhood had to do with Ice Queens and the Earth. That's awesome. Enter has awesome lyrics Come near me, enter my private chambers...
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 7:50 pm

I want to feel the warmth on my face
Light-in-darkness,lift me up from here.. XD
Yes that`s what i though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 6:29 pm

I love the lyrics to Enter. I don't know what they mean but they are amazing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 6:32 pm

Give my your wings
To flee from my ivory tower
That`s my fave verse Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 6:45 pm

Mine too <3 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 6:47 pm

Ok WT lyrics are awesome.I can`t really understand why fans of other femme metal bands don`t like them scratch
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 6:58 pm

Thats what I thought. They like bands that are more...well I don't know, WT has everything you'de ask for Laughing
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 7:09 pm

^That`s true.
I do love other band`s lyrics too,but WT`s lyrics,in my opinion are the most relatable.
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 7:13 pm

^Agreed 100%
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation Lyrics   Within Temptation Lyrics Empty

Back to top Go down

Within Temptation Lyrics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next