The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Our Farewell

Go down 
+14
Lady Draconian
magnoly
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Amairwyn
Anna
KellieBent
Caz
AliyahDuilliath
ice-queen
NeonFishnets
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Scarygothgirl
themetalinme
Ktsunami
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Our Farewell - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Our Farewell - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Our Farewell - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Our Farewell - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Our Farewell - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 10:33 pm

Awww I love Our Farewell.

I dont really like the version on the Mother Earth Tour with Gea Gijsbertsen ??? Is that her name? I personally think she ruins the song.

I do love the Acoustic at PinkPop 2001 version. Shes goes off on 'You are not alone in life' it makes me go awwww

xxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
Our Farewell - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Our Farewell - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Our Farewell - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Our Farewell - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 4:59 am

Yeah, I don't like that version either. Her voice just doesn't work for Our Farewell, IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
Anna
Restless
Restless
Anna

Female
Number of posts : 1412
Favorite WT song : The Dance
Bless :
Our Farewell - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 20050 / 200Our Farewell - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 6:27 am

Yup. Thats pretty ture. That one isn't one of my favs, either.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/wtanna/
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
Our Farewell - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Our Farewell - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:15 am

As Mother Earth has been playing a lot recently (Caged in particular Razz) I have been listening to Our Farewell a lot too. It is one of the most beautiful songs ever. I find many ways to relate to it and it usually has me on the verge of tears Razz

Unfortunatley I struggle to watch and listen to the ME Tour version thanks to Gea. I really wish it had been another song.
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Number of posts : 1370
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
Our Farewell - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30 / 20030 / 200Our Farewell - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 1:04 am

My first WT song. I've loved it ever since. Razz
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :
Our Farewell - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Our Farewell - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 1:11 am

^Mine too!!!!! <333
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :
Our Farewell - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30 / 20030 / 200Our Farewell - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 1:18 am

Really? I'm a fan of Celtic music, so I bought one of the Celtic Circle compilation CDs and Our Farewell happened to be on it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 1:25 am

It was in a fanfiction for me. And I had to listen to it 'cause the lyrics were just so beautiful. Razz
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 1:27 am

I haven't seen any fanfics with WT lyrics in them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :

Curse :
Our Farewell - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Our Farewell - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 1:36 am

Thank bloody God Andy read that fanfic too. I can't picture her an uber-fan of anyone but Sharon! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 2:01 am

Hehe. I can't either....Except Amy Lee...but that really wasn't nearly as obsessive XD

Well, this woman is awesome with Harry Potter fanfiction if you're into that. And she's where I found quite a few stories with WT lyrics in 'em.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 4:15 pm

Awww I wish Our Farewell was my first song. Wierd I dont really see Our Farewell as the most celtic song on Mother Earth. But it is probably the most beautiful I love you
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 11:39 pm

I wouldn't have thought of Our Farewell as the most Celtic either. I've always thought ME would go better with that. But maybe they wanted a ballad on there? Very Happy or
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 10978
Favorite WT song : Candels
Bless :
Our Farewell - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Our Farewell - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 4:07 pm

i really love it..Sharon`s voice is so emotional here...and it`s a sad song though...but it`s good as every WT song of course! Razz
but i don`t really like the duet with Gea from ME Tour..her opera voice doesn`t fit with sharon`s lyric soprano voice.. Razz
but still a woundeful song! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxfrozenbutterflyxX
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 10:15 pm

I'd really love to know how WT thought the duet with Gea turned out. Most people dont seem to like it, so I wonder if they still do.

Gea's a good singer but she ruined Our Farewell.
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 10:18 pm

I really wanted to see Sharon sing all of Our Farewell, instead of a duet. Gea isn't a bad singer, I just wanted to hear more of Sharon. Laughing
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :
Our Farewell - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Our Farewell - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 10:21 pm

yes i agree...
i think WT liked her voice,and if they did`t like it i can`t find a reason why they picked her Laughing
anyway,why do some people think that Gea is Tarja?I mean they`re too diffrent Razz but people got confused so easily Razz
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 10:23 pm

I know I just wonder how they thought it turned out in the end, once they had watched ME DVD.

I have no idea how they confuse her with Tarja Razz She looks nothing like Tarja and sounds nothing like her.
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 10:24 pm

Nothing alike. But there are still people out there who think Tarja performed Our Farewell with them. Laughing
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 10:26 pm

Well they cant be real Tarja fans then Razz if they dont even recognise her.

Our Farewell is just so beautiful Smile In Love
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 10:28 pm

Very beautiful. In Love
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 10:33 pm

Yes very beautiful,bud sad Sad
oh and the saddest fact is this song has never been performed live again since 2006 Sobbing
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 10:37 pm

I know. Crying or Very sad It's on my dream setlist. bounce
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 10:46 pm

so what is you dream setlist?(oh no i`m off topic again bounce )
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 10:56 pm

Here it is:

Deep Within
Aquarius
Candles
Our Farewell
Dark Wings
Enter
In Perfect Harmony
Bittersweet
See Who I Am
World of Make Believe
ME
IQ
Stand My Ground
Hand of Sorrow
Sounds of Freedom
Overcome
Caged
Never-Ending Story
The Howling
Jillian
The Promise
The Dance
TOHOM

And many, many more!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Farewell   Our Farewell - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Our Farewell
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum :: Within Temptation :: Music :: Songs-
Jump to: