The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

All I Need

Go down 
+18
WTrocker
BigBossWTF
magnoly
Amairwyn
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Toatsies
And2DieIsEasy
ice-queen
Frozen
shadowlight166
KellieBent
Caz
LeiaLeFey
Anna
NeonFishnets
themetalinme
Ktsunami
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
Number of posts : 4931
Favorite WT song : All I Need
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :
All I Need - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue75 / 20075 / 200All I Need - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
All I Need - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200All I Need - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

All I Need - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All I Need   All I Need - Page 3 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 9:52 am

ALL I NEED
I’m dying to catch my breath
Oh why don’t I ever learn?
I’ve lost all my trust,
though I’ve surely tried to turn it around

Can you still see the heart of me?
All my agony fades away
when you hold me in your embrace

Don’t tear me down for all I need
Make my heart a better place
Give me something I can believe
Don’t tear me down
You’ve opened the door now, don’t let it close

I’m here on the edge again
I wish I could let it go
I know that I’m only one step away
from turning it around

Can you still see the heart of me?
All my agony fades away
when you hold me in your embrace

Don’t tear it down, what’s left of me

I tried many times but nothing was real
Make it fade away, don’t break me down
I want to believe that this is for real
Save me from my fear
Don’t tear me down

Don’t tear it down, what’s left of me

This is definitely my favorite Within Temptation song!
I mean, seriously, even though it doesn't relate to me at all, I love the lyrics because they're so meaningful, powerful, beautiful, and so deep!
Then the song, the instrumentation/music is awesome! I love the guitar parts, the drum beats, the keyboard; it gives it a soothing, "jazz-like" feel to the song! The mood is really "sad-ish" but relaxing at the same time!
Then the vocals...Oh my fuckin god, I love them! I love the "Pop-ish" sound, her voice is really soothing, and her voice here sounds so fragile and delicate and innocent(I mean that as a good thing), and it's oh so beautiful, angelic, and so hypnotizing. And her Vibrato is amazing! Her voice, in this song, gives me chills and goosebumps all over my body!
Then the video...the video is so fuckin awesome! Some of you might not understand it, but there's so much symbolism, imagery, elements, and depth to the video. PLUS, no surprise here, Sharon looks really, REALLY hot! (Personally, my favorite "Sharon look" from all the videos!)
So what do you get when you combine all of these elements, characteristics, details, objects, ideas, concepts, styles, and moods?
You get...
All I Need, a true Epic and Perfect MASTERPIECE, in every sense of the word!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bigbossms
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
All I Need - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200All I Need - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
All I Need - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200All I Need - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: All I Need   All I Need - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 9:20 am

From fanzine six:

Quote :
This song has been written from the point of view of someone who has been disappointed in love and life. A person who has found something or someone he wants to believe in again. At the same time he knows that he won't be able to deal with a new disappointment. He's afraid of giving into the temptation of wanting to believe, because if it does backfire again, he's not sure what he's going to do.

I don't know why this songtext turned out to be on this subject. Sometimes lyrics just go into a certain direction and others are written with a subject in mind from the start. All I know is that this text became a lot more real to me when a friend of the family committed suicide this year. We knew he was going through a rough time. The last time Robert and I saw him we realized that he had reached the point where he would either break, or he would have to dramatically change his view on life and his future. More than two years passed, and nothing really changed, until we were on tour this year. He'd had some bad news, and that was just one disappointment too many.

When I was 10 or 11 years old, he took me to a friend who had moved from my hometown all the way to Joure in Friesland, which lies way up in the north of the country. It's about a 2-3 hour's drive from where I live, and for us Dutch people that's a lot because we're not used to driving too many hours in a row. Friesland, which is 1 of 12 Dutch provinces, has its own dialect and in the past the Frisians actually said they wanted to be independent from the rest of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Our friend was a Frisian and he bought me a fake Frisian passport. :-) I can remember it had all kinds of info about Friesland and it provided discount at, for instance, museums, stores, and cinemas. This immediately broke the ice. Although I'd known him for as long as I can remember -- I was a bit shy back then. I only saw him when he was in the country, when he had to work in my hometown with my dad. He lived in Indonesia where he'd married and had a family, but whenever he was in Holland he stayed at my grandma's place, where he would rent a room. When he gave me the passport he said: "As this will be your first time in Friesland, I won't be able to take you with me unless you have a Frisian passport..." LOL. He was this really big guy, who was not much of a talker, but the fact that I was shy made him talk the whole trip long. He told me all kinds of things about the cities we passed, the environment and about his beautiful Friesland. He treated me like a grown-up, which was really good for my self-esteem. It was a great start of the weekend. I had forgotten about this trip, but when things like this happen, you start to remember many things you'd forgotten about along the way. I still have that passport and I'll always have my memories. I really was a good guy. Rest in peace.

~Sharon

Wows. That's pretty upsetting Sad Maybe that's who Forgiven's about?
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 10978
Favorite WT song : Candels
Bless :
All I Need - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200All I Need - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All I Need   All I Need - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 9:35 am

I think so Sad

I've always thought All I Neeed is a very personal song but this story just brought my to tears pale
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxfrozenbutterflyxX
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :
All I Need - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue75 / 20075 / 200All I Need - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All I Need   All I Need - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:24 am

So powerful and saddening! All I Need just became a more meaningful and powerful song to me! It has always been my favorite song, but now it's even more than the rest (I don't think I made any sense there, but I don't care) I have more respect and love for this song now! Sad
AIN4TW
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Number of posts : 11505
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
All I Need - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200All I Need - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All I Need   All I Need - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 2:03 pm

I love this song so much Smile And the video is really great!

I hate the prick who commented on Sharon's breats as she was falling down though -_- Perv Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Bless :
All I Need - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200All I Need - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All I Need   All I Need - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 7:00 pm

^ XD My Dad commented on them when he saw the video. They are kind of noticeable. I'm sure Sharon wouldn't be offended.

I love All I Need but I find it hard to listen to because the time in my life where I related to it was horrible and I would never ever want to have to relate to All I Need again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :
All I Need - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200All I Need - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All I Need   All I Need - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 7:04 pm

Lol. I seriously told the guy off Razz I told him to and look at some other person falling down a well or whatever that was Razz

Men can be so pervy sometimes Razz
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Bless :
All I Need - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200All I Need - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All I Need   All I Need - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 7:11 pm

Well it's a bit inappropriate commenting on YT. XD Good come back.

Yep they can. But Sharon is beautiful so I dont blame them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All I Need   All I Need - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 7:14 pm

Thumbs Up If I was a guy I would do the same thing Razz

But the -way- he said was stupid. Like "I'm so gonna try and get this girl laid...Look at her tits!"
Back to top Go down
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All I Need   All I Need - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 1:32 am

^Yeah, I cursed off some dudes off before too. For example, one guy gave a rude comment about her, so I told him (and it went something like this:) "Dude, I know Sharon is fuckin hot and what not, you're not the only one, but that doesn't give you any right to disrespect her in that manner. So be more respectful and less of a perv"

Oh, and this other guy said "I would jeez all over that bitch" so I responded with something like this: "Your mom right!? I mean, you did say BITCH, right? Because I know Sharon isn't one, so it has to be your mom then. BTW, that's what I did to your mom last night, so yeah..."
So yeah, some people are straight up disrespectful and idiotic!
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All I Need   All I Need - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 8:18 pm

XD I love that come-back.
Back to top Go down
wtfan1995
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
wtfan1995

Female
Number of posts : 1730
Favorite WT song : Lost, Final Destination, Aquarius
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All I Need   All I Need - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:15 pm

That's an awesome comeback Smile
Poor Sharon! When you look at the lyrics now, you can see exactly what she is talking about. I just wanna give Sharon a big, big hug. But I wouldn't want to make her sad. But I'd hug her anyways, just because she is Sharon Glomp
Back to top Go down
http://semblanceofliberty.tumblr.com
vanessaweber
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
vanessaweber

Female
Number of posts : 127
Favorite WT song : The Truth Beneath The Rose, Never-Ending Story, Somewhe
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All I Need   All I Need - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:54 am

This song seems really personal and absolutely heartbreaking. I can imagine an intimate slowdance when I hear it.

It's definitely a favorite
Back to top Go down
wtfan1995
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
wtfan1995

Female
Number of posts : 1730
Favorite WT song : Lost, Final Destination, Aquarius
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All I Need   All I Need - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 5:19 pm

Truth be told, I almost can't listen to All I Need anymore... Don't get me wrong, I love the song, it relates to me so well, but it is a long story. Made short, a girl whom I do not like much at all found All I Need, and now it feels like I have to share the song with her Sad Yes, I have issues...
Back to top Go down
http://semblanceofliberty.tumblr.com
capricious713
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
capricious713

Female
Number of posts : 1
The Cross
Angels
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All I Need   All I Need - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 12:37 am

I love this song...but only because it's easy for me to sing. If I can sing a song and I can sing it WELL, it's automatically AMAZING!!! XD
Back to top Go down
Mrblack0301
Jane Doe
Jane Doe

Number of posts : 20
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All I Need   All I Need - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:12 pm

I love this song, especially Sharon's voice is very powerful in it

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All I Need   All I Need - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

All I Need
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum :: Within Temptation :: Music :: Songs-
Jump to: