The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

All About Sharon

Go down 
+26
Diny
wtfan1995
magnoly
BigBossWTF
Emmy
Sweet Sorrow
Lady Draconian
Until the End
WTrocker
Alyna
Amairwyn
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
FallenHalos
Frozen
KellieBent
AliyahDuilliath
LeiaLeFey
Fork Ninja
Onno
AdamMMA
WTforever
ice-queen
themetalinme
NeonFishnets
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Ktsunami
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
All About Sharon - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200All About Sharon - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
All About Sharon - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200All About Sharon - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

All About Sharon - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 3:21 pm

Haha I think they might be actually they do seem to be small. Well I'm going by the chinese take away round here Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Number of posts : 5150
Favorite WT song : Utopia, Stand My Ground
Bless :
All About Sharon - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200All About Sharon - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
All About Sharon - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200All About Sharon - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 4:45 pm

Razz I have a chinese takeout around where i am and the woman in there (who is obviously chinese) isn't actually that short
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Within-Temptation96
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
All About Sharon - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200All About Sharon - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 4:53 pm

Damn there goes my theory Razz Are Dutch actually the tallest people then?
Back to top Go down
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Number of posts : 5150
Favorite WT song : Utopia, Stand My Ground
Bless :
All About Sharon - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200All About Sharon - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 5:28 pm

lol Razz but you never know she could be one of a few that are a bit taller than others maybe
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Within-Temptation96
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Number of posts : 1885
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
All About Sharon - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200All About Sharon - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 6:30 pm

KellieBent wrote:
Damn there goes my theory Razz Are Dutch actually the tallest people then?
Yes, we are. The Wave

Although Wikipedia mentions the "Dinaric Alps" (that's in former Yugoslavia) as a place where man is taller, but it's not a real country.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
All About Sharon - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200All About Sharon - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
All About Sharon - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200All About Sharon - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 3:39 pm

I'm sick of looking at the severely diminished Wiki page for Sharon (which even seems to have the times of her pregnancy wrong, because she was preggers in between tours, not during the TSF tour, well maybe for a month or two). How about, as a forum project, we build up the page together??
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :
All About Sharon - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200All About Sharon - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
All About Sharon - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200All About Sharon - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 4:56 pm

YES! Godly idea DoF. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
Frozen
Deceiver Of Fools
Deceiver Of Fools
Frozen

Female
Number of posts : 2119
Favorite WT song : The Howling
Bless :
All About Sharon - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200All About Sharon - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 5:25 pm

i really like the idea
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 6:13 pm

Good idea, I think we should update all pages about WT. Very Happy Usually the info is very limited and sometimes wrong...
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :

Curse :
All About Sharon - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200All About Sharon - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 6:42 pm

Well then, the WT Wiki Project is underway!
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 10:22 pm

I just read in an interview that the Sharon dance is actually based on Balinese dance. I never knew that, and I think it's cool because I was in Bali myself this year. ^^ The interview is a bit too long to translate, but I can sum up Sharon's favourite music if someone would like that.
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 11:27 pm

That would be amazing, Onno! Very Happy

And I think I knew that about the Sharon dance. She makes it BEAUTIFUL Razz
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
Frozen
Deceiver Of Fools
Deceiver Of Fools
Frozen

Female
Number of posts : 2119
Favorite WT song : The Howling
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 12:29 am

cool Onno thanks for that i never knew that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 1:02 am

Her first likes: Boney M & Grease

First Concert: Bruce Springsteen in De Kuip, Rotterdam

At about 17 she started to like Tori Amos and Nirvana (and a Janis Joplin a bit)

Latest discovery: Nicole Atkins

All-time favourites:
The Power of Love van Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Sharon's favourite Christmas song. Troy by Sinéad O’Connor, The Man Who Sold The World - Nirvana's version, Precious Things by Tori Amos.

Really dislikes: R&B, but she sometimes listens to it because the production can be really good

Secretly likes: André Hazes. Preferably "De Vlieger"
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 1:30 am

Awesomesauce Razz Is it possible you can post the link to the interview? I wanna see how much of it I can read and actually understand xD
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 11:19 am

Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 2:46 pm

Smile Thanks for the interview.

I tried putting it into Google translator but some parts dont make sense Razz I had read about the dance in other interviews but nice to know more about it Smile

EDIT:

Someone posted a link to this Sharon site on the Offical Forum Smile http://sharondenadel.canalblog.com/ it's french so I have no idea what it says Razz But there are pics and a pic of The Circle Smile
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 7:29 pm

Ooh, nice site, I especially love the Sharon with other artists section. Seriously, where was I when those making-ofs from the first WHYD video were released? What a Face They look so funny with all the green.
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 8:40 pm

That's an awesome site!! Very Happy

So...here's what I could get from the interview (I'm sorry if it makes zero sense. I'm trying to translate it it like, word-for-word Embarassed):

Quote :
Singer Sharon den Adel (1974) is the figurehead of the successful symphonic metal band Within Temptation, the country's most famous musical export product. The double-DVD, double-CD and Blu-ray disc Black Symphony is the view of the spectacular concert that the group recorded earlier this year with a stubborn 60-Metropole Orchestra in Ahoy. 'The Greatest Show on Earth' was a headline in an English music magazine. An interview with Sharon den Adel in episode 27 of The Music Experience...

All About Sharon - Page 10 Sharon_4_291008

"I grew up as a true child of expats, always traveling. From my third to my tenth I lived in Indonesia, Yemen and Suriname. But outside of their work my parents spent every minute of the day involved with music. They were extreme music freaks. Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, ELO, The War of The Worlds by Jeff Wayne, but also Queen, Chris Rea, and Bob Marley. They had a huge collection plates, and went at least once a month to a concert. The Eagles, for example, they are very often seen, even in Indonesia. I unfortunately never saw them, I was still too young. We often went to Bali shows with dancers. That is unconsciously sitting in my system. The thing I do with my hands and arms swinging on the stage is inspired by that."

War of the Worlds

"My parents really enforced music. My six years older brother got pocket money, and I wanted some too! 'Okay', my parents said, 'You may also have pocket money, but only if you spend it on music'. So when I was four years old I bought my first music cassettes. Thus I will also do that. She's still a bit too young, she is two and a half. In the first instance, I was palmed off to buy the music by my brother, so he could have a nice copy of it. So I bought Moody Blues and The War of The Worlds. War of the Worlds scared me. My heavens, the world decays! I spent the first five minutes under the bed. Then I bought my own things: Boney M and Grease. I had heard that on the radio. The funny thing is that I now see the similarities between The War of The Worlds and what we do with Within Temptation. It is heavy and theatrical and melodic and epic. [Cue 2 sentences Andy can't translate Sad]"

All About Sharon - Page 10 Sharon_1_291008

I failed horribly with translating the last two paragraphs in the interview, so I didn't post 'em. But I hope maybe Onno could do those two? *cough*15 bless*cough* Razz
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 9:23 pm

"a huge collection plates", lol! Razz It should be a collection of records, or is that synonym in English too?

The sentences you can't translate:
"And ELO, I hear some parts of that in it too. I have a boxset of them at home."

By the way, the interview continues on the next page:
http://www.hifi.nl/artikel_pagina2/1959/Zeurpiet.html

If there are pieces of it you don't understand, just ask. I never really look at Bless, by the way. I don't get the system. scratch
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 9:31 pm

xD Thank you, Onno. I'm not sure how I got "plates" it's not a synonym in English XD But I did well for the most part, right? Embarassed And Oh my Sharon, there's MORE?! How did I miss that? xD

The bless and curse system basically just shows that you've done things to help and hurt the forum. Razz
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 10:57 pm

Smile Thanks Andy. I tried to translate it on the google translator but it made barely any sense. It came up with plates too but I guess it's records.

You know Andy I've started saying Oh My Sharon Razz I dunno why but it seems to have caught on to my brain haha
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 pm

Kayleigh started saying it first I think, when we decided Sharon is God.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 11:56 pm

Razz this is very true. I just ended up saying it the other day haha I dunno why. Mind if I use your phrase? It doesnt seem to want to leave me.
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 12:09 am

By all means xD Go right ahead. The more people who are aware that Sharon is God, the better Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All About Sharon   All About Sharon - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

All About Sharon
Page 10 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next