The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Your favourite music from 2009

Go down 
+6
xut0piax
BigBossWTF
Fork Ninja
KellieBent
Lady Draconian
Onno
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Number of posts : 1885
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
Your favourite music from 2009 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Your favourite music from 2009 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Your favourite music from 2009 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Your favourite music from 2009 Right_bar_bleue

Your favourite music from 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Your favourite music from 2009   Your favourite music from 2009 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 7:53 pm

The year has almost come to an end, so why not reflect on this year's music?

You could post a list with your favorite singles, like this:

1. Within Temptation feat. Chris Jones - Utopia
2. Delain - April Rain
3. Colbie Caillat - Fallin' For You
4. Agnes - Release Me
5. Krezip - Sweet Goodbyes
6. Milow - Ayo Technology
7. Basic Element feat. D-Flex - Touch You Right Now
8. Kings of Leon - Notion
9. Delain - Smalltown Boy
10. Owl City - Fireflies

^ That's mine. Razz The #1 and #2 won't come as a surprise to many XD The rest are just songs that make me happy, songs that proved that there is still good music being played on the radio. Smile

Or, you could reflect on live gigs you have seen this year. For instance I made a small list of my favourite songs from gigs from this year.

1. Delain feat. Floor Jansen & Marco Hietala - A Day For Ghosts [Broerenkerk, Zwolle]
2. Nightwish - Ghost Love Score [Ahoy, Rotterdam]
3. Milow - Ayo Technology [Dies Festival, Nijmegen]
4. Agua de Annique - Witnesses [Melkweg, Amsterdam]
5. India - Straight and Arrow [Ahoy, Rotterdam]

Or, you could just give a general list of artists that you somehow started liking more in 2009, either through their new releases or through their live gigs. Here are some of mine

- Lady Gaga, Kings of Leon, Agua de Annique, Krezip, Indica, Stream of Passion, Michael Bublé, Reamonn, Snow Patrol, Maria Mena, Jason Mraz, James Morrison, Carrie Underwood, Colbie Caillat, ...

And of course some artists you discovered in 2009. For me:

- Lunatica, Kingfisher Sky, Edenbridge, Taylor Swift, Milow, Steve Appleton, Rigby...

Finally, you could list your favorite albums of this year. I don't have one here myself, because I didn't buy or download that much albums of this year, so it wouldn't be a fair list. Now go on. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 8166
Favorite WT song : Pale, Caged, Lost, Forgiven
Bless :
Your favourite music from 2009 Left_bar_bleue90 / 20090 / 200Your favourite music from 2009 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Your favourite music from 2009 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Your favourite music from 2009 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from 2009   Your favourite music from 2009 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:53 pm

1. Sarah (Bury Her) [EP] by Pythia
2. Utopia by Within Temptation ft. Chris Jones
3. Happy [EP] by Leona Lewis

I get stuck after that XD
Gigs, well I went to my first this year.

#1 - Pythia @ B2,Norwich with Crimson Tears and hAND

All bands were fucking amazing and such wonderful sweet people. I got kidnapped by Crimson Tears for 20 minutes while they signed my copy of their CD and my arm. I managed to kidnap hAND for 5 minutes Kat and Kieran were so shy but Chris was so funny. As for Pythia In Love Timbley (Tim Neale<3333) got me a discount on the shirt, gave me a free signed "Army Of The Damned" poster from all the band and I got a hug from him. Dancing Then after the show everyone ran off and I got to see Emily again (has already kidnapped her for 30 minutes before the show XD) and she was slightly drunk but we got photos with her and she signed all my stuff. Best night of my life!!!

Best albums of 2009? Well:

Pythia "Beneath The Veiled Embrace" - A hands down winner for me!! Dancing
Epica "Design Your Universe"
Elis "Catharsis"
Within Temptation "An Acoustic Night At The Theatre"
Mandragora Scream "Voluntara"
Theatre Of Tragedy "Forever Is The World"
Darzamat "Solfenrus' Path"
The Gathering "The West Pole"
Arkona "Goi, Rode, Goi"
Gate Of Sorrow "Enter Through The Gate"

And my best musical discoveries of the year:

- Pythia
- Crimson Tears
- Gate Of Sorrow
- Antonamasia
- DesDemon
- Behemoth
- Darzamat
- Witchbreed
- Lullacry
- Delain

And that's me done Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.musesofmetal.com
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Your favourite music from 2009 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Your favourite music from 2009 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from 2009   Your favourite music from 2009 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:57 pm

DELAIN APRIL RAIN!!!!!!!! Need I say more? Razz

Thanks for thinking of and starting this Onno Smile I'll try and do them all Razz

I'm not good with singles. I usually get albums and listen to the whole thing. But my favourites this year we're:
-April Rain- Delain
-Utopia- Within Temptation ft Chris Jones
-Smalltown Boy- Delain
-October And April- The Rasmus ft Anette Olzon (I waited forever for this!)
-Call Me- In This Moment
-Flag In The Ground- Sonata Arctica (Juliet's not technically a single)
-Pussy- Rammstein
-Release Me- Agnes
-Bad Romance- Lady Gaga
I dont really know what has been released this year Razz

Gigs. I have to say this year has been AMAZING! With the exception of WT I have seen all my favourite bands this year! Last year I did see everyone but Delain though.

- I'll Go Until My Heart Stops- 36 Crazyfists [Wolvo 9th March]... Brock WINKED at ME!
- Escapist, Ghost Love Score, Romanticide, Dead Boy's Poem- Nightwish [London March 11th] We were the first people to hear Escapist and Romanticide live for the first time. I got the biggest shock of my life and me and Steph deafened everyone when GLS and DBP started playing. And the fun we had in London.
- Right Now- Korn [Download] The first song, Kellie going mental!
- Scars- Papa Roach [Download]- I waited 2 years to hear it <3
- THE PRODIGY! [Download]- Best band of the festival. I had been waiting 3 years to see them and I went mental.
-Call Me and Dying Star- In This Moment [Download]- Made me fall in love with them
- Katatonia's set [Bloodstock]- They were amazing and yeah a lot was happening at that time.
- Apocalyptica <333 Mainly Bittersweet [Bloodstock] Yeah I cant really listen to it at the moment because I'll cry but at the time it was amazing. And it was my birthday and there were FINNS!
-Green Day [Birmingham LG Arena 27th Oct] There whole show was amazing, I've never seen anything like it.
-DELAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are not last, I was doing it in date order to be fair Razz But seeing Delain made my life complete. Frozen, April Rain and Silhouette Of A Dancer got me through last year and this one too. I owe Delain everything and I cam back from the Birmingham show wiith a whole new perspective. And I met Sam Very Happy which was amazing. And Delain <333 Charlotte just makes me melt.
- Paid In Full- Sonata Arctica
- Last Drop Falls- Sonata Arctica with Charlotte= Fangirl death

Sorry I just relived everything there Razz Makes me happy to think back over it.

Albums:
APRIL RAIN- DELAIN. Made my year, best album of the year, favourite songs of the year, favourite band of the year. Delain are just amazing. And getting to meet them and thank them for it made my life.
An Acoustic Night At The Theatre- Within Temptation. Just let it count Razz
Flag In The Ground- Sonata Arctica
Made In Hong Kong (And Various Other Places). Let it count Razz

Yeah I really haven't gotten any albums this year.

Kellie's best finds of 2009:
In This Moment, Sonata Arctica, Tarot, Northern Kings, Katatonia, Blind Guardian, Satyricon

None of them are new but that doesn't matter Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
Your favourite music from 2009 Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200Your favourite music from 2009 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from 2009   Your favourite music from 2009 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 10:57 pm

Favorite singles/ cds of 2009.

1. Utopia. NEW. FAVORITE. SONG. EVER.
1.5. AANATT
2. April Rain
3. Design Your Universe
4. The Fray
5. The 13th Floor
6. Dear Agony

Best Concert: TARJA Your favourite music from 2009 213409 Your favourite music from 2009 213409 Your favourite music from 2009 213409 Your favourite music from 2009 213409

Last edited by Fork Ninja on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
Number of posts : 4931
Favorite WT song : All I Need
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :
Your favourite music from 2009 Left_bar_bleue75 / 20075 / 200Your favourite music from 2009 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from 2009   Your favourite music from 2009 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 12:58 am

Uh??????????
I'm have no idea what came out this year! So I'll try my best, and on top of that, I don't have a good memory to begin with.

An Acoustic Night at the Theater - Within Temptation
Utopia Single - Within Temptation

Bands I discovered this year, and more precisely, only two months ago:
*<3=the ones I REALLY love and am obsessed with right now*

-Avenged Sevenfold <3
-Breaking Benjamin
-Bullet For My Valentine <3
-Dethklok
-Hollywood Undead <3
-Killswitch Engage <3
-Kings of Leon <33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333
-Korn
-Three Days Grace

I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting somebody and a couple of stuff, but eh, whatever! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bigbossms
xut0piax
Forsaken
Forsaken
xut0piax

Male
Number of posts : 524
Favorite WT song : All
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from 2009   Your favourite music from 2009 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 3:17 am

Well i dont really have any to be honest its the same as always listen to

Within Temptation
Nightwish
Tarja Turunen
Evanescence
Lady GaGa
In This Moment
Lacuna Coil
Epica
Leaves Eyes
Take That
Sarah Brightman
Robbie Williams
Rihanna
Beyonce Plus Many More!
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 10978
Favorite WT song : Candels
Bless :
Your favourite music from 2009 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Your favourite music from 2009 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from 2009   Your favourite music from 2009 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 11:09 am

Singles:
1.Unleashed-Epica:amazing,'nuff said
2.Utopia(feat. Chris Johnes)-Within Temptation:WT saved the break year Your favourite music from 2009 Icon_biggrin
3.October&April(feat. Anette Olzon)-The Rasmus:like Kellie,I have waited for this for ages Your favourite music from 2009 Icon_razz .It's a beautiful ballad.

Gigs:
Tis year I have been to my very first metal festival(Artmania) and I saw Nightwish live,which completely made my year.t'was so great to see Romanticide,Escapist,Sahara and TPATP live.Wish they had GLS too but Your favourite music from 2009 Icon_sad I don't mind Your favourite music from 2009 Icon_razz .My first metal gig was a memory I will never forget Your favourite music from 2009 Icon_biggrin And after the concert I've met Mariangela Demurtas(from Tristania,and this band has played a day before NW,but I couldn't go Your favourite music from 2009 Icon_sad),another epic experience Your favourite music from 2009 Icon_smile .And I also heared Osten was in the crowd,in the day I was,how blind could I have been? Your favourite music from 2009 Icon_razz

Albums:
-Design Your Universe-Epica:I don't have to comment on that.I just don't.It's a masterpiece
-An Acoustic Night At The Theater-Within Temptation:.It's simply great to see Wt's heavy songs transformed into acoustic pieces.I listen to it often at night and I sleep very well while listening Your favourite music from 2009 Icon_smile
-Black Clouds&Sylver Linings-Dream Theter:I just got into Dream Theater and I have o say this album is a progressive metal treasure.Very long,complex songs and amazing vocals.Do I need to say more? Your favourite music from 2009 378548
Julma Satu-Villielain:A great debut album,in the industrial/power metal scene,with a great vocalist and lyrics in finnish! Your favourite music from 2009 Icon_biggrin

My musical discoveries of 2009:
Dream Theater,Opeth,Kamelot,HDK,Villielain,Elis,Aesma Daeva,Therion

Yeah 2009 has been my favorite music year Your favourite music from 2009 213409
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxfrozenbutterflyxX
magnoly
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
magnoly

Female
Number of posts : 4031
Favorite WT song : The Promise
Bless :
Your favourite music from 2009 Left_bar_bleue43 / 20043 / 200Your favourite music from 2009 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from 2009   Your favourite music from 2009 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 5:52 pm

Singles? Erm, those gotta be
- Unleashed by Epica
- Utopia by WT Smile
- April Rain by Delain

Fav albums:
- Design Your Universe, Epica - simply the greatest in the universe! Your favourite music from 2009 Icon_cheers
- An Acoustic Night At The Theatre, Within Temptation Your favourite music from 2009 Herz
- April Rain, Delain
- Abnormally Attracted to Sin, Tori Amos
- The Fall, Norah Jones

This year only one gig for me though. Sad I've been to a concert of a polish rock band Coma, won't tell you anything. Razz And I was supposed to go and see Epica but the promotor fucked up the thing and they had to cancel. Sad

And my fav new musical discoveries of 2009: Kingfisher Sky, Kamelot, Agua de Annique, Darzamat, After Forever, Tristania
Back to top Go down
http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com/index.htm
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Number of posts : 1885
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
Your favourite music from 2009 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Your favourite music from 2009 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from 2009   Your favourite music from 2009 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:44 pm

You have good taste Gosia Smile Razz It's a shame you didn't get to see more gigs, hopefully 2010 will be better!
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 10978
Favorite WT song : Candels
Bless :
Your favourite music from 2009 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Your favourite music from 2009 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from 2009   Your favourite music from 2009 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 12:00 am

magnoly wrote:
After Forever, Tristania

I am responsible for this Your favourite music from 2009 986904

And Gosia,you are surely going to see Epica live someday,I promise Your favourite music from 2009 Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :

Curse :
Your favourite music from 2009 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Your favourite music from 2009 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from 2009   Your favourite music from 2009 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:17 am

Well....the only singles that I liked enough to make a list and that I'm certain was released this year were:

1 - Spaceship - Puddle of Mudd
2 - I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin

As for musical discoveries? YAY:

-Shinedown, who are my absolute favorite now.
-Kings of Leon when Use Somebody first came out, I cried over it. Razz
-Pop Evil
-Peroxwhy?gen
-Immortal Technique*
-MC Sniper*

*Thank you Rob... And I'm totally aware that everyone else probably wants to shoot me for those, so I bought a paper bag to put on my head. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
Number of posts : 4931
Favorite WT song : All I Need
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :
Your favourite music from 2009 Left_bar_bleue75 / 20075 / 200Your favourite music from 2009 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from 2009   Your favourite music from 2009 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:23 am

^WOOT! w00t You're welcome! Thumbs Up
Don't worry, I'll take the blame for it! But just so you people know, those fools are fuckin badass and sick!They're like the real deal! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bigbossms
magnoly
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
magnoly

Female
Number of posts : 4031
Favorite WT song : The Promise
Bless :
Your favourite music from 2009 Left_bar_bleue43 / 20043 / 200Your favourite music from 2009 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from 2009   Your favourite music from 2009 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:24 pm

Onno wrote:
You have good taste Gosia Smile Razz It's a shame you didn't get to see more gigs, hopefully 2010 will be better!
Thanks. Smile I really hope to see some of my fav bands in 2010. I already started to save money for that. Razz

XxfrozenbutterflyxX wrote:
magnoly wrote:
After Forever, Tristania

I am responsible for this Your favourite music from 2009 986904

And Gosia,you are surely going to see Epica live someday,I promise Your favourite music from 2009 Icon_wink
And bless you for that! Your favourite music from 2009 Icon_razz
Thanks <3 If you promise, it's gonna be! Your favourite music from 2009 Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com/index.htm
HandOfSorrow
Restless
Restless
HandOfSorrow

Female
Number of posts : 1389
Favorite WT song : Hand Of Sorrow,The Promise, A Demon's Fate, ITMOTN
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from 2009   Your favourite music from 2009 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:26 pm

Fork Ninja wrote:

Best Concert: TARJA Your favourite music from 2009 213409 Your favourite music from 2009 213409 Your favourite music from 2009 213409 Your favourite music from 2009 213409

Yeah, Tarja concert:BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best songs of 2009:
1.Tarja Turunen-Enough(it was released 2009, wasn't it? Your favourite music from 2009 Icon_scratch )
2.WT-Utopia
3.Delain-April Rain
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from 2009   Your favourite music from 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your favourite music from 2009
Page 1 of 1