The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

The Truth Beneath The Rose

Go down 
+15
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Lady Draconian
Amairwyn
Deceiver-Of-Fools
FallenHalos
Toatsies
And2DieIsEasy
KellieBent
LeiaLeFey
Caz
AliyahDuilliath
ice-queen
NeonFishnets
themetalinme
Ktsunami
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 10978
Favorite WT song : Candels
Bless :
The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 10:16 am

no way!
precious information,good job Kellie Clapping
My language is a kind of latin language and is similar with french portugese spanish and italian..which are from latin too(you may know Wink )
but i really don`t know latin.i will study it 2 years later...
oops out of topic Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxfrozenbutterflyxX
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 6:10 am

OMS THANK YOU SO MUCH KELLIE. I probably should've checked for an answer on the Official Forum after I asked, huh? Razz

*bless, bless, bless*
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :
The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 9:27 am

NeonFishnets wrote:
OMS THANK YOU SO MUCH KELLIE. I probably should've checked for an answer on the Official Forum after I asked, huh? Razz

*bless, bless, bless*
Yeah,sorry i forgotten my brain at home Laughing
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 11:54 pm

Smile Glad I got you your answer then Andy.

I thought it might be an interesting phrase to get tattooed on me because latin looks mysterious Razz but I'm not sure it really means enough to me. Then again it's WT so it does Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Number of posts : 11505
Bless :
The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:49 pm

I think TTBTr is the best song from the Heart of Everything
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:16 pm

WTrocker wrote:
I think TTBTr is the best song from the Heart of Everything
Me too Very Happy It`s so personal to me.Love the guitar outro live! I love you
Back to top Go down
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Number of posts : 5150
Favorite WT song : Utopia, Stand My Ground
Bless :
The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 2:59 pm

OMG Kellie that awsome!! I''ve always wondered what that meant Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Within-Temptation96
Alyna
Restless
Restless
Alyna

Female
Number of posts : 1207
Favorite WT song : What have you done & Forgiven
Bless :
The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 20050 / 200The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 6:26 pm

i love this song:)
Back to top Go down
http://www.twilight-fans.super-forum.net
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :
The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:53 pm

Okay, I hate to bring up Twilight, for fear of ruining this song for anyone who REALLY doesn't like Twilight, but ever since I read it, this song reminds me SO MUCH of Carlisle. Has anyone else made that connection?

No longer I can justify the bloodshed in his name - Pastor Cullen killing all those innocent people because he thought they were vampires or witches. I'm assuming Carlisle had his fair share of killings too, even if he wasn't as quick to judge. Now that he's a vampire, he can't justify his actions.

Pray with me so I will find the gate to Heaven's door - Carlisle is the only Cullen who thinks they still have a chance at getting into Heaven. So that makes sense.

I believed it would justify the means - Carlisle choosing the "vegetarian" diet, deciding not to feed on humans, and becoming a doctor.

It is the darker side of me / Forgive me for what I have been - Would be Carlisle talking about something like being a vampire being thrown upon him, and he wants to be forgiven.

Is paradise denied to me... - Pretty much the same concept as before. He believes he can still get into Heaven, despite what he is. But I'm sure he has his moments of doubt.

Has darkness taken over me, consumed my mortal soul - More vampire references.

I'm hoping, I'm praying I won't get lost between two worlds - The two worlds being life and death, vampirism being in between.

And of course How can blood be our salvation and justify the pain that we have caused throughout the times? - Carlisle not wanting to kill humans because he doesn't want to take any more lives (if he had taken any as a human). And he doesn't understand how something so dark can be a creature's salvation.

Just an observation. I tend to connect songs to characters in books or TV shows Razz And I'm definitely not saying they wrote it about him...'cause that would just crack me up. I'm just showing a connection I made XD
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Number of posts : 11505
Bless :
The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 12:46 pm

Wow Andy I never noticed that XD It's so much like him. Especially this part you said

"I'm hoping, I'm praying I won't get lost between two worlds - The two worlds being life and death, vampirism being in between."

I really understude that bit
Razz
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :

Curse :
The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 3:44 am

NeonFishnets wrote:
Okay, I hate to bring up Twilight, for fear of ruining this song for anyone who REALLY doesn't like Twilight, but ever since I read it, this song reminds me SO MUCH of Carlisle. Has anyone else made that connection?

No longer I can justify the bloodshed in his name - Pastor Cullen killing all those innocent people because he thought they were vampires or witches. I'm assuming Carlisle had his fair share of killings too, even if he wasn't as quick to judge. Now that he's a vampire, he can't justify his actions.

Pray with me so I will find the gate to Heaven's door - Carlisle is the only Cullen who thinks they still have a chance at getting into Heaven. So that makes sense.

I believed it would justify the means - Carlisle choosing the "vegetarian" diet, deciding not to feed on humans, and becoming a doctor.

It is the darker side of me / Forgive me for what I have been - Would be Carlisle talking about something like being a vampire being thrown upon him, and he wants to be forgiven.

Is paradise denied to me... - Pretty much the same concept as before. He believes he can still get into Heaven, despite what he is. But I'm sure he has his moments of doubt.

Has darkness taken over me, consumed my mortal soul - More vampire references.

I'm hoping, I'm praying I won't get lost between two worlds - The two worlds being life and death, vampirism being in between.

And of course How can blood be our salvation and justify the pain that we have caused throughout the times? - Carlisle not wanting to kill humans because he doesn't want to take any more lives (if he had taken any as a human). And he doesn't understand how something so dark can be a creature's salvation.

Just an observation. I tend to connect songs to characters in books or TV shows Razz And I'm definitely not saying they wrote it about him...'cause that would just crack me up. I'm just showing a connection I made XD

Have I told you how much I love you lately? XD

Now I'll never stop listening to TTBR. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:27 am

Lol. XD I'm glad someone agrees. I love Carlisle. <3
Back to top Go down
Alyna
Restless
Restless
Alyna

Female
Number of posts : 1207
Favorite WT song : What have you done & Forgiven
Bless :
The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 20050 / 200The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 1:22 pm

wow
so true:)
Back to top Go down
http://www.twilight-fans.super-forum.net
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 3:15 pm

NeonFishnets wrote:
I like the actorrr.
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :

Curse :
The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 7:14 pm

Deceiver-Of-Fools wrote:
NeonFishnets wrote:
I like the actorrr.

Twisted Evil Me too. But the guy who played James... OMG. *drools*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 7:37 am

Both of them = very very hot.

GAWD even the Latin part fits. <3

So, I'm determined to learn the end solo from BS on the violin. Yups.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 11:10 am

^That would be nice.I really love the orchestration in this song.Althought it`s not as much as in TSF songs,the less of it makes me appreciate it much more <3
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 7:35 pm

Well I have the line Give me strength to face the truth, the doubt within my soul
running round my head a lot of the time Razz but last night I realised how much I love this song. I actually really relate to it. I dunno maybe it's because I'm relying on WT for strength as always. The lyrics are just amazing.

I’m hoping, I’m praying
I won’t get lost between two worlds
For all I have seen the truth lies in between
Give me the strength to face the wrong that I have done
Now that I know the darkest side of me
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Number of posts : 1370
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30 / 20030 / 200The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:01 pm

I've been listening to this song a lot lately. I love the intro and the extra guitar solo in the live version. And the bells and chanting in the background. Smile

I think the lines that means the most to me are How can blood be your salvation and justify the pain that we have caused throughout the time? and I have lost my faith in holy wars.

Last edited by Amairwyn on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
magnoly

Female
Number of posts : 4031
Favorite WT song : The Promise
Bless :
The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue43 / 20043 / 200The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:02 pm

Definately the best song on THoE and definately my fav from it. Though it took some time for this song to grow on me. At first it didn't attract me at all... Yeah.
But it's just one of those epic songs. Wonderful orchestra, choir, guitars, lovely Sharon. Love the guitar solo, always miss it when I listen to the album version. Wink
I'm still confused about the lyrics, as I'm turning away from God more and more ... Yet it gives me strength somehow... That I will find MY truth someday.
And I agree with you, Kellie. I always rely on WT for strength as well. And this is just amazing!
Back to top Go down
http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com/index.htm
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :
The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30 / 20030 / 200The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:05 pm

Yes, it took a while to grow on me too. It was probably one of the last songs I heard from THOE. Very Happy

And I hope you do find your truth one day. It took me a while to find mine, but I finally did. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:11 pm

I think it probably takes longer to grow because you really have to read into the lyrics and the song. It's an amazing song though. I think everyone loves the guitars Razz
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:15 pm

^True. I do think it is one of their 'deeper' songs ( not to say that the others aren't!). You can read a lot of different things into it.

And I love the guitars. Razz
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:17 pm

Well all their songs you need to read into but I think TTBTR is a little more complicated. So are quite a few songs on THOE really. The whole album kind of went a lot deeper because it is about everything thats important. Hence the name Razz
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:23 pm

I remember hearing an interview on youtube where Sharon basically said the same thing, that THOE was about what was 'the heart of everything' for everyone. I wish I could remember which one it was. I think THOE was more reality whereas the others were more fantasy.

ME and Enter actually have the most personal meaning for me, even though they're a lot of fantasy, but TTBTR is also personal for me.

I'll be quiet now, since I think I'm going off-topic.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Beneath The Rose   The Truth Beneath The Rose - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Truth Beneath The Rose
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum :: Within Temptation :: Music :: Songs-
Jump to: