The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Sharon's Voice

Go down 
+31
Mitsy
xut0piax
nightfalls
angedemon
Gaia
Dragana
Deceiver
Vampire Queen
BigBossWTF
Alyna
magnoly
Amairwyn
WTrocker
Lady Draconian
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Ktsunami
FallenHalos
KellieBent
Frozen_Angel
ice-queen
Caz
AliyahDuilliath
LeiaLeFey
Onno
Anna
NeonFishnets
PurpleFusions
The Key
Franneke
themetalinme
Deceiver-Of-Fools
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
Number of posts : 4931
Favorite WT song : All I Need
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue75 / 20075 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptyFri May 22, 2009 10:04 am

NeonFishnets wrote:
Aw. That was sweet. <3 I feel the same way. Her voice is just...Gods, you can't even give it a proper adjective.
Totally agree, that's why I had to give a visual description, because like you said, no proper adjective is good (or worthy) enough to describe Sharon's voice! Angellic
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bigbossms

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:38 am

Hi!!
I'm new here
I just have to say that Sharon has the sweetest voice in Metal
it's so addictive, perhaps that's why the Band is Called Within Temptation? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:42 am

Well, hello. Maybe you could make yourself a thread in the Introductions section so we can get to know you better? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
Vampire Queen
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Vampire Queen

Female
Number of posts : 14
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Somewhere
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 2:44 pm

Sharon's voice is beautifull.
I wish I had Sharon's voice. Smile
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 9:19 am

I think we all at some point wish that. Razz 'Cept maybe the few guys on here... They might not want a voice like Sharon's.

But even her speaking voice is beautiful In Love
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Number of posts : 11505
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 9:47 am

It really is! And her laugh is lovely and plesent like Smile

It's funny how her singing voice sounds completely different when she talks. She has a Dutch accent when she talks, she doesn't have one when she sings Suggestive wink
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 7:24 pm

I could listen to Sharon speak for hours Razz She has such a beautiful voice. Weren't we talking about making a little thing out of her speaking Andy? When we were on Skype once.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue75 / 20075 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 1:12 am

WTrocker wrote:
It really is! And her laugh is lovely and plesent like Smile

It's funny how her singing voice sounds completely different when she talks. She has a Dutch accent when she talks, she doesn't have one when she sings Suggestive wink

I know! I've noticed that too, and I think they're both beautiful and awesome!
Every time I hear her accent or laugh, it makes me feel all...fluffy in the inside; it's irresistible and i love it!
What would my perfect woman be like!? It would be Sharon! Both physically and in personality! In Love Fangirl I love you
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 7:41 am

KellieBent wrote:
I could listen to Sharon speak for hours Razz She has such a beautiful voice. Weren't we talking about making a little thing out of her speaking Andy? When we were on Skype once.
Lol, yes. I remember that Razz We were gonna make a remix from her voice.
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
Deceiver
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Deceiver

Female
Number of posts : 65
Favorite WT song : All I need
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 2:27 pm

Her voice is very hmm...contrasting , so. Once she sings very delicately (Somewhere, Our Farewell, Never-ending story... ), sometimes very strongly (What Have You Done, The howling...) and high (The promise, Jillian...) hmmm... yes. Sometimes really very softly (Word of make believe, In perfect harmony...) and squeaky (Believer, Running Up That Hill...), but ever very clear. It's gold voice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 9:25 pm

Deceiver wrote:
Her voice is very hmm...contrasting , so. Once she sings very delicately (Somewhere, Our Farewell, Never-ending story... ), sometimes very strongly (What Have You Done, The howling...) and high (The promise, Jillian...) hmmm... yes. Sometimes really very softly (Word of make believe, In perfect harmony...) and squeaky (Believer, Running Up That Hill...), but ever very clear. It's gold voice Very Happy

Perfect! Agree with the styles and songs! Kudos! cheers
Back to top Go down
Dragana
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Dragana

Female
Number of posts : 130
Favorite WT song : All i Need
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:24 pm

The key word is UNIQUE.If you listen to WT for just few seconds,you will recognize the vocals whenever you hear them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dragana_kovacevic
Gaia
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Gaia

Number of posts : 27
Favorite WT song : Hand Of Sorrow , Jillian , Enter
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 2:51 am

XxfrozenbutterflyxX wrote:
(I love Kit kat chuckys,but i won`t compare it with Sharon`s voice Razz )
My top 3 favorite vocals on each WT album/EP
Enter
Restless
Enter
Pearls Of Light
The Dance
all Razz but mostly on Another Day
Mother Earth
The Promise
Caged
Deceiver Of Fools
The Silent Force
Angels
Jillian
Somewhere
(and Run,just because i have an obssesion Razz )
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
The Truth Beneath The Rose
The Cross
---------------------
and many other song.She sounds awesome everywhere! I love you

Oh! cris , when i was reading your post , i was felling that it was mine cuz there are my fav songs Surprised
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 10978
Favorite WT song : Candels
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 7:56 pm

Thanks Natty! Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Icon_biggrin And I know these are your faves Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxfrozenbutterflyxX
angedemon
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
angedemon

Number of posts : 174
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:55 pm

the emotion!!!! the woman has so much emotion in her voice, that makes any other singer seem cold
Back to top Go down
nightfalls
Sparkling Angel
Sparkling Angel
nightfalls

Male
Number of posts : 283
Favorite WT song : The Other Half (Of Me)
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:58 pm

She is like the kurt cobain under the womans
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesilentforce.com
xut0piax
Forsaken
Forsaken
xut0piax

Male
Number of posts : 524
Favorite WT song : All
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 12:16 am

It leaves me speechless everytime! if im listening to her i feel like im listening to a voice of an angel it brings me to tears happy ones! i get goosebumps sometimes its like listening to pure heaven lol Smile i get so many emotions running through my body sends me into a shut off mode i leave the real world and go into a different world when i listen to this beautfiul woman!
Back to top Go down
Mitsy
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Mitsy

Female
Number of posts : 46
Favorite WT song : Hand Of Sorrow, Ice Queen, Memories, Running Up That Hi
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:52 pm

I like the fact that she can do a lot of things with her voice. I mean, if you listen to well, let's say Ice Queen acoustic, the low notes are awesome! Of course, her high notes are even more awesome. I don't know, her voice is just very distinctive and unique. And of course, so emotional, I think she's the only singer who can make me cry just by singing. I love it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wtfan1995
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
wtfan1995

Female
Number of posts : 1730
Favorite WT song : Lost, Final Destination, Aquarius
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 11:40 pm

Holy crap. She has a MASSIVE range, and such a sweet and beautiful voice. Just listen to the classical verison of Restless, when she does the "lie lie lie, la-lie-lie-lie"s. Or the acoustic version of Angels (its on YouTube, from I think the fanclub day), that brought tears to my eyes! She is clearly not human, she may resemble one, but I am stating what everyone already knew. Sharon is an angel, a goddess.

Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Denadel061
Back to top Go down
http://semblanceofliberty.tumblr.com
CelticBotan
Jane Doe
Jane Doe

Female
Number of posts : 31
Favorite WT song : Sinéad, Faster, Iron, Jillian
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:50 pm

She has one of the most enchanting voices I ever heard. I can honestly
say that I truly fell in love with her songs.

She has somehow the
power of being incredibly heavenly (The Cross), evil (The Howling),
powerfull (Ice Queen), hopeless (Frozen), very pure (The Never-Ending
Story) and very mature (The Other Half - Of Me).
It kinda fascinates
me, how she can change of her 'self' - the happy-rainbow girl she
actually is xD - to all this personalities on her songs.

I would
say that she's better as an actress than lots of real actresses out
there. xD

Nevertheless, I must say - as everybody, she has her negative points as well. I think it's something personal, but the one which counts the most to me is that, even being her fan and her voice being very addictive, it also can be very annoying if you listen just to it during a long period.
Before you guys start throwing stones at me, PLEASE, I'm not saying her or her songs are annoying!
It's just that, at least for me, I can't keep listening to the same style/band for too long, even if this band/singer is one of my top favorites; that's how I work: I listen to an style/artist until I take out all they want to show and tell me. After that, I need a break of it, and then I go on listen to something else. And when I miss those melodies, stories and stuff, I just return to them.

After all this WT I'm currently listening to, I'll probably go to something lighter - Madonna or Blackmore's Night, maybe.
They are not as overwhelming nor epic as WT, but as I said, that's the way I work with music.
Back to top Go down
http://celticbotan.deviantart.com
wtfan1995
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
wtfan1995

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 10:21 pm

Well put, Celtic Smile

I think that, while Sharon is definitely not the most technical I have ever heard, she is definitely one of the most emotional singers I have ever heard! I mean, has anyone else heard the acoustic version of the song from PinkPop 2001? She sang it so beautifully and emotionally, just incredible. On top of that, her lyrics are incredibly perfect, a song for every emotion. Even Gothic Christmas! Smile Okay, that wasn't written by Sharon, but still!

To cut this short, her voice is amazing! <3 <3
Back to top Go down
USfan
Jane Doe
Jane Doe

Male
Number of posts : 7
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:48 am

Quote :
She's a lyric soprano, I believe. Either lyric soprano or spinto.

I thought she was a mezzo-soprano.

Is the high part on The Cross pitch-shifted? It sounds like its at least filtered or something. If im wrong and she actually sings that high then her range is more than 3 and a half octaves.

Personally I like Sharons voice because of the different sounds she can get... from light and airy to fairly full and on occasion she can add some grit.

Best singer... no... but prolly my fav female singer
Back to top Go down
SoulLily
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
SoulLily

Female
Number of posts : 1513
Favorite WT song : The Cross, THOE, A Demon's Fate, ITMOTN
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 1:04 am

^ If memory serves, the opening notes in The Cross are pitched to create a more eerie sound. I seem to remember hearing that in an interview at some point... unfortunately I don't have a link, so I might be wrong. I think that's the case, though.

Nonetheless, her range is still amazing. In Love
Back to top Go down
http://soullily.deviantart.com
wtfan1995
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
wtfan1995

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 4:29 am

It is amazing!! I heard some seriously high notes in some backing vocals in The Cross. I don't know if they were pitched, but they didn't sound pitched! OMS she is amazing Love
Back to top Go down
USfan
Jane Doe
Jane Doe

Male
Number of posts : 7
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 5:42 am

Im pretty sure... it def sounds like it was and she always sings it lower live. Still 3 and a half octaves is pretty good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sharon's Voice
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next