The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Sharon's Voice

Go down 
+31
Mitsy
xut0piax
nightfalls
angedemon
Gaia
Dragana
Deceiver
Vampire Queen
BigBossWTF
Alyna
magnoly
Amairwyn
WTrocker
Lady Draconian
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Ktsunami
FallenHalos
KellieBent
Frozen_Angel
ice-queen
Caz
AliyahDuilliath
LeiaLeFey
Onno
Anna
NeonFishnets
PurpleFusions
The Key
Franneke
themetalinme
Deceiver-Of-Fools
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 11:57 pm

She's a lyric soprano, I believe. Either lyric soprano or spinto.
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 7:55 pm

You know I couldnt get through the day without hearing Sharon's voice. I seriously dont think I could.

I definatley couldn't get through sociology, Sharon and WT give me some company Razz

Her voice is just purely amazing though <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 8:14 pm

NeonFishnets wrote:
She's a lyric soprano, I believe. Either lyric soprano or spinto.

WTH is a spinto when it's at home?
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 2:03 am

confused
Call me a fucktard...
Back to top Go down
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Number of posts : 5150
Favorite WT song : Utopia, Stand My Ground
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 4:35 pm

I'm confused lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Within-Temptation96
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 9:43 pm

I looked up spinto on Wikipedia but I didnt get it Razz I had trouble remembering the 4 voices for my Music GCSE Razz We didnt get taught anything, I just sat in a room 'practising' singing for 2 years Razz I dont even know what I am haha.

Whatever Sharon's voice is, it's the most beautiful voice....EVER Smile
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 6:41 am

Well, I know all the divisions and such, and to me, she sounds to be a Spinto. But she could also be a lyric soprano. I was just confused on why DOF said "WTH is a spinto when it's at home?"

xD
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 3:11 am

NeonFishnets wrote:
confused
Call me a fucktard...

That's the Irish way of asking "what exactly is a spinto, oh knowledgeable one?" Laughing
Sorry.
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 4:21 am

*smacks self* It's alright Razz

A lyric soprano would be Claudia Muzio

And a Spinto soprano would be Leontyne Price

Or Renata Tebaldi

Smile
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 3:07 pm

Is there any footage of lyric sopranos/spintos singing non-operatically, cause it's super hard to tell what Sharon is with all these opera singers hanging around. Although, on the backstage stuff on BS, Sharon sings some of Flower Duet (I think..it's Delibes anyway), so maybe those here with teh mad musical skillz can find out through that?
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 3:18 pm

Yes the opera she sings is something like Flower Duet from Leo Delibes' Lakme. Made me so happy hearing that as it's music used in my favourite film The Hunger. I'm not exactly sure if that is the song but that's what it says in the film. I wont go into what scene the music is used in Rolling Eyes but no-one probably seen it anyways Razz
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 7:52 pm

I haven't watched all the backstage stuff yet; I've mostly been watching the concerts. But I was half-basing it on her warming up in the World Tour Impressions, as well as The Promise. :-\

I'll look some more Wink
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :

Curse :
Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 5:00 pm

I like how Sharon experiments with different techniques... like when she sings Memories live compared to a song like Final Destination, and she sounds good doing all of them. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 12:10 am

For anyone who ever says Sharon cant sing they should watch Black Symphony and hear how perfect she sounds during Ice Queen. She had just sang 20 songs and IQ is the 21st song and she still sounds amazing on it.
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 10:42 pm

Her voice got better as the concert went on I thought.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 10:43 pm

I know yeah. But this is now my argument to anyone who says she cant sing. I'll just play them Ice Queen Black Symphony. Or her opera warm up In Love
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 2:22 am

That warm up was so pretty <3 Then again, everything she does is pretty, so I suppose it's not a big surprise Razz
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 3:45 pm

I know In Love and it's the opera from my favourite film The Hunger Smile although it'd sound better with Sharon singing it. Maybe not considering the scene Razz

I think Sharon's weakest vocals are always on The Howling. Not that it's bad, of course it's not, it just seems to be weaker than the rest. I tried singing along though to find how hard it is, and it's pretty hard. Not that I know much about music or terms Razz but it can sound very off if you dont get it exactly right.

Why can I never ever explain things Razz
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 11:05 pm

I like the Howling vocals....they're gritty.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 10978
Favorite WT song : Candels
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 2:59 pm

I love her voice!!Is the best i`ve ever heared.Sweet,deep,powerfull,she can sing everything!I can`t find a singer more talented than her... I love you
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 8166
Favorite WT song : Pale, Caged, Lost, Forgiven
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue90 / 20090 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 3:06 pm

XxfrozenbutterflyxX wrote:
I love her voice!!Is the best i`ve ever heared.Sweet,deep,powerfull,she can sing everything!I can`t find a singer more talented than her... I love you

Although Sharon has a wonderful voice and a vocal range. I know singers that can do powerful voices, growls, operatic, sweet voices everything you can imagine in one. I hate to break it but she can't sing everything.

Sorry, had to put my point across.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musesofmetal.com
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 3:20 pm

Oh,okay but she at least can sing almost everything Razz
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 7:55 pm

Razz I realise she has limitations but so does everyone. I think she is exceptional though to have not had any training and be able to sing with such range that she does. No-one can deny that Sharon is an amazing singer.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 8:02 pm

KellieBent wrote:
Razz I realise she has limitations but so does everyone. I think she is exceptional though to have not had any training and be able to sing with such range that she does. No-one can deny that Sharon is an amazing singer.
even my cat agrees with that! Clapping
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Number of posts : 11505
Bless :
Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 8:07 pm

she has an amazing vocal range! her voice is sooo powerful and really melodic too! I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sharon's Voice   Sharon's Voice - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sharon's Voice
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next