The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Song Reviews

Go down 
+9
KellieBent
NeonFishnets
Onno
Amairwyn
Toatsies
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
themetalinme
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Ktsunami
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Number of posts : 2876
Favorite WT song : The Promise and All I Need
Bless :
Song Reviews - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue157 / 200157 / 200Song Reviews - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Song Reviews - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Song Reviews - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Song Reviews - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 10:22 pm

I find All I Need a deeply personal song that I can relate to very well. The lyrics are just beautiful and fit so well with the melodies of the music. It is one of my favorites because how the song makes me feel.

Next: Dark Wings?
Back to top Go down
http://leialefey.deviantart.com/
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 10978
Favorite WT song : Candels
Bless :
Song Reviews - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Song Reviews - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Song Reviews - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Song Reviews - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 10:26 pm

Dark Wings/Maybe a weird song bu a beautful one is very energic and i love the crowd jumping.Amaizing!
NEXT;Blue Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxfrozenbutterflyxX
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Number of posts : 11505
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Song Reviews - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200Song Reviews - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Song Reviews - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Song Reviews - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 7:31 pm

I love Blue Eyes[u]! I didnt like the bit at the beggining though. Ive found it a really nice to listen to. I hope it will be a part of there new CD.
Next: Angels?
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :
Song Reviews - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Song Reviews - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 7:33 pm

Angels.Many people can relate to this song.The "Angels"in the song are people which seems helpfull but they have a dark side,well that`s what i thought after te video Laughing
NEXT:Bittersweet?
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :
Song Reviews - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200Song Reviews - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 7:37 pm

I love Bittersweet. The music is lovely in it.
Next:The Howling
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 7:42 pm

The Howling.Was one of my fave songs until i overplay it.Well without the video,i barely could understand that it was about how will be the world after a war Razz
The Other Half Of Me?
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 7:44 pm

I really enjoy The Other Half (of me) The performance at Ahoy was awesome.
Next:Jillian?
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 7:47 pm

Jillian.One of the best WT songs.The sound is really awesome,like Sharon`s voice Razz I really love it
Mother Earth?
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :
Song Reviews - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Song Reviews - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Song Reviews - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Song Reviews - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:32 am

I love the celtic feel of Mother Earth, and the fact that there is a flute part in it. On BS I saw a woman with a wood flute. *le sigh* They sound so amazing, but at the same time majorly expensive compared to silver or nickel ones. Neutral Back to Mother Earth though, my favorite live performance was at Rock Am Ring, though I'm totally spacing on the year. :headdesk2:

Forsaken?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 9:01 am

Well..Forsaken.Probably the haviest from TSF,it`s defintely one of the *epic* songs.The combination between the guitar,bass,choir and Sharon`s voice makes this song a masterpiece.And now the lyrics...they are a message for the people who polute the problem I think...if they won`t stop now,it might be too late tomorrow.That`s just my interpretation Razz
I defintely prefer this song live,I don`t know why..about live performances my favorite is defintely the one from Java Island,a unique performance!
I don`t know why not many people like this song,maybe it`s a little diffrent from the TSF ideology?I don`t know,i love it defintely in my top 30.

The Last Time?
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Bless :
Song Reviews - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Song Reviews - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Song Reviews - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Song Reviews - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 4:37 am

I effing LOVE The Last Time! Amazing doesn't even describe it. The lyrics are amazing.
Quote :
For so long I've tried.
Could not close my eyes.
When you became an outcast in this life.

Again and again I try
to understand the demons inside your head,
but the truth is you love them to death.

Now, I know it's the last time I have tried
to lift you up to make you fight.
Nothing is ever easy in life.
I can't change it if you don't have the will deep inside.

I have been blind to how you justify
everything that you've wasted in this life.

Got lost in the illusion,
I'd find a solution for the demons in your head,
but the truth is you love them to death.

You can blame and you can hide
behind what is wrong and what is right.
Life is the choices we make
I hope you'll awake before it's too late.

I mean seriously - who can't relate to those lyrics. They're just so... human. I love it to pieces. And that doesn't even cover it.

Jane Doe?
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 11:27 am

Hum.Amaizing song.I love it to pieces Razz .And it`s the most catchy song live.I actually love that Robert grunts here,and Sharon`s high vocals are truly amaizing as usually.And the rythm is just perfect.Plus the lyrics are relatable.Even if this song is about a murder I quite find another message through it,very personal,for example Why you just won`t leave my mind?describes me a lot,because when I do bad thing they are following me everywhere.Maybe a weird interpretation? Laughing
About live performances....Java Island FTW! Razz

The Truth Beneath The Rose?
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 11:53 am

TTBTR is the best song on the whole The Heart Of Everything album!!! An absolute masterpiece! It has such meaning to it! I love it to peices. It's one of those songs that will always be in your top 5 WT songs.

The Cross?
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 5:36 pm

I like The Cross. I remember when I first heard it I thought Sharon's ahs at the beginning were a flute playing. Awesome lyrics too.

The Promise?
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 5:42 pm

The Promise is a really lovely song. It was one of my favourites for ages! And on BS they played it well live Smile

Bittersweet?
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 6:36 pm

Bittersweet actually does have a lovely flute part. YAY! Sharon sounds really angelic on Bittersweet too. Smile I really wanted them to play this at BS or at Java Island. Sad

Hand of Sorrow?
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 6:37 pm

I love this song live. The addience just jumps though the whole thing, and so does Sharon Smile I have grown to love it!

Grace?
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 7:49 pm

Grace.Well I do like this song.A lot.I really enjoy Sharon`s voice here,with that evil tone like in Caged and Believer,and the backing grunts are great aswell.The atmophere:very Enter-ish Razz .The lyrics are probably the most relatable from the whole album,I do find myself in them because sometimes I feel like I felt from grace happynes etc. Laughing
About live performances..I really want to hear it live Wink

Dark Wings?
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 8:02 pm

Dark Wings is AMAZING. I get this whole Harry Potter theme from it Smile It goes really well with Into ME too.

Forgiven?
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 8:11 pm

One of the first song that I heared from WT and I felt in love wit it from the very first note.It`s so sad but beautiful at the same time.I really love the piano and the violins aswell as Sharon`s angelic voice.I always sing this song when I`m alone Razz

My favoriteperformance is defintely the Ahoy one.Perfection Smile

Angels?
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 4:04 pm

Angels was the first song I listend to from WT. I think the video is AMAZING. And Sharons hand movement when she sings you took my heart for the first time was epic Razz Everyone in my class was doing it!

The Howling?
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 8:07 pm

The Howling is one of the most epic WT songs!It was the 3rd that I heared from Wt and I was hooked by the very first note!It starts so beautiful and slowly and then BOOM!.It`s suchb a great combination between heavy guitars and orchestra,much balenced than on TSF. Smile .The lyrics aree really meangfull and I find them quite similar to Forsaken in its way.Or is it just me? Laughing .Anyway I love Sharon`s voicer here,it`s gritty,but I still preffer he evil or sweet voice more Razz .The video is brilliant aswell,I totally love how the band looks in there.And the blonde girl is very cute Smile
My favorite performances of it are defintely BS(intrumentally) but as for Sharon`s voice I preffer Pukkelpop 2007.

Frozen?
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 9:48 pm

Frozen was the fifth song I heard from WT. I fell in love with it straight away. Although I might not listen to it as much now it's always one of my many favorites Smile. And the video has a lot of meaning to so many pepole.

Mother Earth?
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Mother Earth is a very special for me as being the first song that I listened from ME I totally adore the celtic/folkish feeling of it.And it`s defintely the most catchy and powefull WT song for me.I don`t really think that this song is only abot a goddes,I actually think it has a much deeper feeling,aphylosofical one,and the fact that Sharon wrote it for her dead cat makes much sense for me.Defintely in my top 10 songs,a masterpiece!
Hmm...about live performances...I adore all of them XD.But k he version a Ahoy it`s spectacular!
In Love

Overcome?
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 8:32 am

Overcome has to be one of the most inspiring songs I've heard in my entire life. The lyrics persuade you to keep going, even if it seems pointless and they give you a sense of strength. Sharon's voice is stunning in this song, and the instrumentation is just as beautiful.

Ice Queen?
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Song Reviews   Song Reviews - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Song Reviews
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next