The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

The WT Wiki Project!

Go down 
+5
NeonFishnets
KellieBent
Onno
Ktsunami
Deceiver-Of-Fools
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 2:57 am

Quote :
Jorge: Will it be Running up that hill, the Kate Bush cover you're playing live on this tour, on the new album or is it something you just did for fun?

Robert: Yeah. It was a nice experiment that we did, we like it and it'll be there!

Source

Quote :
This is something I thought about before. I think with your strong voice and obviously strong band, you guys could perform some great cover songs--

Only one. “Running up That Hill” by Kate Bush.

Yeah, but are there any other songs you'd like to try or that you have done before?

Well, we tried another song of Kate Bush because we had two songs that we were just playing around with because people were comparing me always with her as a similar kind of voice, and we were just fooling around in the studio and “Running up That Hill” came by. And it was like, “We really sound like this,” you know, and it turned out so well that we made a single out of it because we were between albums. And because it worked so well and also because we liked it so much. We tried other stuff, but we never recorded it. And we're never gonna record because we like to write our own stuff. That’s more interesting, I think. But you never know because I like so much music and so many songs are so amazing. Some songs are totally different. I love Nirvana. I love Alice in Chains. But a cover of them—I'm not sure it would fit our kind of music, so that's also difficult, of course. I like reggae, but making a reggae song to me—

Reggae? That would be interesting. That would be really cool actually.

Oh yeah? [laughter]
Source
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Number of posts : 1885
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 5:45 pm

Bump. Razz

I just noticed a new page was created for Our Farewell. I removed some errors, but if one of you knows some things to add/correct, be my guest. =]
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 5:52 pm

Just went in and fixed some English errors (typical me XD). But other than that, it looks fine.
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :
The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 6:02 pm

The page feels a little informal, but hopefully now people will stop thinking Tarja performs on the ME DVD
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 6:15 pm

Dear gods, I hope so too.
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 7:23 pm

WTH is up with the lyrics section on the Ice Queen page? It's so random, like someone is analysing the lyrics for an English assignment.
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 2:14 am

Link? I don't feel like searching for it xD
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 2:24 am

Ice Queen

It just seems a bit superfluous when I have an interview that says that the song is about the coming of Spring. Smile
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 3:05 am

*reads*

*facepalm*

Wtf??

It doesn't even give the lyrics themselves. It just says the interpretation that the creator thought of. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 4:29 pm

I told you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:26 pm

NeonFishnets wrote:
Just went in and fixed some English errors (typical me XD). But other than that, it looks fine.
Thank you, I'm usually like that too, but my English sentences tend to be a little strange sometimes. Razz Although it wasn't my it's/its.
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 12:35 am

Lol. I figured you'd know your it's/its differences. Cuz yer smart. Razz

Hmm.. I wonder if we should just go add lyrics and stuff to various song pages...
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:51 am

NeonFishnets wrote:
Lol. I figured you'd know your it's/its differences. Cuz yer smart. Razz

Hmm.. I wonder if we should just go add lyrics and stuff to various song pages...

We need a page for Restless and the ME Tour DVD. Definitely the ME DVD, cause WT won an Edison for that!
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 3:57 pm

OK, sorry for bumping, but this pissed me off. I've been barred on Wikipedia for vandalism....and some reverted my edit of Our Farewell cause they thought it was vandalism....what the hell? I share an IP with the rest of college, but nothing in the IP's history seems bad. This is just stupid. The person reversed my edit without even looking at it.
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 11:12 pm

What did you change? I'll go change it back..
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 11:52 pm

It was the last edit...just about Gea conducting the choir, and I changed a few sentences so they felt like they flowed better.
It's just annoying having to share an IP with losers. tongue
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 12:51 am

I didn't manage to get in the Gea part, 'cause I'm too stupid to know what to write. Wasn't paying enough attention to what you wrote, I guess. Razz
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 1:44 am

It's still in the history:
A live recording of the song is on the ''Mother Earth Tour'' DVD, in which the song is performed as a duet with Dutch opera singer Gea Gijsbertsen[http://www.gunrecords.de/content/artist/withintemptation/bio.htm], who also conducted the choirs for Within Temptation's special gig at the [[Broerenkerk]], [[Zwolle]] during the Mother Earth Tour.

After the release of the album [[The Silent Force]], the song was still played live at some concerts[http://luna.stella.free.fr/images/setlist%20bxl%2013112004.jpg], but has not been performed live since 2006.
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:27 pm

The fact about the Broerenkerk gig is a little offtopic, but anyway.

Someone here not happens to be Jackjoker7? (S)he seems convinced that Restless was released in 1996. Not entirely strange, because the official site mentions it in the discography *kicks the website staff* but of course we all know it was released on the same day as Enter. I just hope my reference on the Restless page will be enough to pass the message. Razz
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 5:33 pm

^I hope so too Razz Why didn't I notice that?
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 12:24 am

Onno wrote:
The fact about the Broerenkerk gig is a little offtopic, but anyway.

Someone here not happens to be Jackjoker7? (S)he seems convinced that Restless was released in 1996. Not entirely strange, because the official site mentions it in the discography *kicks the website staff* but of course we all know it was released on the same day as Enter. I just hope my reference on the Restless page will be enough to pass the message. Razz

Meh, it probably was OT, but the page is so short!! Well technically, the song has been around since 1996, but not the single. Oh by the way, regularly is spelled wrong (I'd fix it but I'm still barred from editing). You can also explain that it is an acoustic version with cello at Eindhoven on the BS DVD, to bulk it up?

I'm gonna pull out Starfacts and see if there's anything extra on Restless.
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 11:04 pm

Look what I stumbled across Razz

http://greyskymorning.org/condemnations/index.php?title=Within_Temptation_2009_World_Tour

At first I was like "WTF What a Face" Razz but now I think it's actually quite funny when you look up other pages about WT. How cool is that, you can RP with WT.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 11:10 pm

Razz Thats funny. Oooh theres more pages? I'm gonna have a search Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 11:57 pm

I'm confused...what?
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 1:14 am

Some roleplaying game, I think...

Not a real world tour Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The WT Wiki Project!   The WT Wiki Project! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The WT Wiki Project!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum :: Within Temptation :: Within Temptation-
Jump to: