The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Good role model?

Go down 
+21
Gaia
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
britrogue
magnoly
BigBossWTF
WTrocker
FallenHalos
Lady Draconian
Amairwyn
Anna
Audina
max
ice-queen
Fork Ninja
Toatsies
LeiaLeFey
Scarygothgirl
NeonFishnets
Deceiver-Of-Fools
KellieBent
Ktsunami
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Yes, no, maybe?
Heck YES!
Good role model? Vote_lcap96%Good role model? Vote_rcap
 96% [ 54 ]
Yeah, sure... why not?
Good role model? Vote_lcap2%Good role model? Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Maybe
Good role model? Vote_lcap0%Good role model? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Nope.
Good role model? Vote_lcap2%Good role model? Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
I don't want my kid wearing her dresses! WTF is wrong with you?!
Good role model? Vote_lcap0%Good role model? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 56

AuthorMessage
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :
Good role model? Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Good role model? Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 8:45 pm

I think so. She's got good opinions. Like how she feels about eating meat. I think that's way better than being a pyscho carnivore and screaming at all the veggies in the world. And she works hard to achieve her dreams, look at what she's doing with WT. And it looks like family is very important to her, her and Robert are obivously great parents to Luna. And she gave her daughter the coolest name ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Good role model? Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Good role model? Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 9:04 pm

Of course she is Smile I might have to kill people if they so no Razz

The fact that all of WT took time off to finish college courses is amazing. They thought about a future if WT didn't work out. Well thats all of WT being good role models Razz

She balances out WT and being a mother. She writes amazing lyrics that inspire and help us out. She is genuinely a lovely person. She's friendly and makes the time for her fans. Aside from WT she designs the merch and styles the band so she obviously does a lot of work.

I was going to say she doesnt drink to excess and do drugs like other rock stars but I saw in an interview Robert saying about having a spliff and listening to Bob Marley Razz but you know it's legal in Holland. But it's not like she promotes drink or drugs and isn't seen completely wasted in pics.

She doesnt have to get half naked to promote the band because her talent alone is good enough.

I'm sure there are a million reasons Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
Good role model? Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Good role model? Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 12:00 am

Of course she is!! There's never any drama with Shaz, and she hardly ever has a bad word to say about anyone (well, once she called someone an asshole, but that was cause they were really difficult to work with). I think she proves that women don't have to be bitches to get ahead, and she's always laughing and smiling, so that's ANOTHER reason.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
Good role model? Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 12:04 am

Haha who did she call an asshole?
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :
Good role model? Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 12:08 am

I'm trying to remember! She was asked about all the people she had collaborated with, and she mentioned a few that were assholes...I'll have a root around and try and find the interview.
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
Good role model? Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 12:18 am

OH my gods, HELL YES! She's an AWESOME role model. In fact, I don't think I'd want my children to have any other role model BUT her.

And I agree with what Kellie said about them still taking college courses just in case. That means she's smart, which is also a good thing for someone to model themselves off of.

She has NO ego. She doesn't think of herself as a rock star, she doesn't think of anyone being lesser than her because of her occupation and fame, and she's always nice to fans; taking out time to sign things, and take photographs, talk with people...

She has a great personality, and a great view on life. Smiling and enjoying things whenever she can..And she really doesn't drink excessively...as she has said. She gets drunk really easily due to her lack of alcohol consumption. And that's a good thing for people to follow: Have a drink every once in a while, but don't overdo it. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
Scarygothgirl
Restless
Restless
Scarygothgirl

Female
Number of posts : 1483
Favorite WT song : Blue Eyes
Bless :
Good role model? Left_bar_bleue165 / 200165 / 200Good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 12:22 am

Yes because she is like the best ever! She proves how perfection is unacheivable but awesomeness is not!
Back to top Go down
http://www.buodicca.com
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 12:29 am

And she makes mistakes and we still all love her for it Smile

If I was gonna have kids I'd want them to have her as a role model Smile But seeing as I wont she'll have to just be mine Smile
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Number of posts : 2876
Favorite WT song : The Promise and All I Need
Bless :
Good role model? Left_bar_bleue157 / 200157 / 200Good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 1:48 am

Sharon is a great role model. There is so much about her that someone could look up to. She doesn't dress slutty and she is very sweet inside and out. She has one of the most amazing personalities and on top of that is amazingly humble. I adore her.
Back to top Go down
http://leialefey.deviantart.com/
Toatsies
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Toatsies

Number of posts : 161
Favorite WT song : All I Need
Bless :
Good role model? Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200Good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 7:47 am

What they said ^ Razz

Even in WT's lyrics, which Sharon writes a lot of, it's always a good message. She is a very good role model. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
Good role model? Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200Good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 11:56 am

Why isn't there an option FUCK, yes. Heck simply doesn't cover it.

*ahem* That's all I'm saying on the topic.
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 2:25 pm

^Cause Sharon hardly ever swears, so we don't swear on the role model thread! Smile
Back to top Go down
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Number of posts : 5150
Favorite WT song : Utopia, Stand My Ground
Bless :
Good role model? Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200Good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 5:32 pm

Hell Yeah!! Very Happy i think everyone's pretty much said what i wanted to say Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Within-Temptation96
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
Good role model? Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200Good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 2:18 am

It's true though. No one else is quite like Sharon to me.
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 2:36 pm

That's true. And I know I can be a fangirl, but it's always in a respectful way, if you know what I mean. I don't blindly idolise her. I just highly respect her, what she does, and how she does it.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 2:43 pm

I feel the same as you DOF. I really respect her. I dont want to be her but she is so lovely and driven and friendly and I wish parts of me could be more like her. She is just amazing.

I think it's hard not to be a Sharon fangirl Razz
Back to top Go down
max
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
max

Male
Number of posts : 39
Favorite WT song : all i need
Bless :
Good role model? Left_bar_bleue10 / 20010 / 200Good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 10:11 pm

she is beutiful sweet and not touchet by her sucses and loyal to what she beleaves in i think despite her dresses and looks on stage that ppl ,migth find wierd she is a good romelemodle and definetly now she has her child she grew even softer she has no pretences on who she is her caracter and the sharon she is in side outside of that dresses and fame is the one worth listening to ion shaping who you migth want to become
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 10:53 pm

KellieBent wrote:
I feel the same as you DOF. I really respect her. I dont want to be her but she is so lovely and driven and friendly and I wish parts of me could be more like her. She is just amazing.

I think it's hard not to be a Sharon fangirl Razz

It's hard not to be WT fangirl in general...they just always know how to make me smile Razz I was on the bus yesterday, and I starting thinking about Ruud during NES at fanclubdag, and I was practically laughing. Got a few weird looks.
Back to top Go down
max
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
max

Male
Bless :

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 10:54 pm

we can ofisiuly state that ruud is nuts
than again they are all 6 nuts
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 11:54 pm

Everything about WT makes me smile. Well except the break Sad That makes me sad. I think we are all complete WT fangirls.

Razz Ruud in Never-Ending Story. I always get that. You think of WT and laugh and everyone is like Neutral what? Usually in my sociology lesson because I'm all alone with only my headphones for company. Then you think of some WT thing and everyones looks at you funny Razz Not that they dont already because they think I'm wierd anyways.
Back to top Go down
max
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
max

Male
Bless :

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 11:55 pm

honey youre wt fan its out of youre hands
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 12:02 am

Razz WT have taken over my brain. Seriously. I think they have done it to all of us though.
Back to top Go down
Audina
Jane Doe
Jane Doe

Female
Number of posts : 68
Favorite WT song : the cross
Bless :

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 12:33 am

well they deserv it in my point of view we seen more of sharon than her own daugther does she deservs to have her mommy and daddy
Back to top Go down
Anna
Restless
Restless
Anna

Female
Number of posts : 1412
Favorite WT song : The Dance
Bless :
Good role model? Left_bar_bleue50 / 20050 / 200Good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 4:06 am

Of course. She seems like a VERY decent person. She just seems like a sweet, nice person. And shes an awesome mom, too. So all around, I just think she is an awesome role model.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/wtanna/
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 6:42 pm

Ok I kind of mentioned this in my list but since I got the Metal Maidens calender in Metal Hammer it got me thinking. I was annoyed that Sharon (and Anette) wasn't in it but then I realised all the pics were of the women in metal pretty much half naked or in really revealing stuff. As much as I dont mind seeing Marta in various stages of undress Razz I admire Sharon for the fact she hasn't got half naked for any pics or wear something extremely revealing. Or even implied nudity to try and sell WT.

I find this a lot more inspirational than getting half naked to be the most popular woman. She is the most beautiful woman anyway and I'm glad she relies on her talent.

I sound like some feminist now Razz which I definatly am not. I really dont care or mind if Cristina, Marta and Kat von D want to do that, thats their choice and maybe that gives them more confidence, I know it would for me Razz but I think there's a difference betweeen looking sexy wearing a corset and lowish cut tops and showing a bit of leg like Sharon, and actually being in your underwear or a tiny dress spawled on the floor. Wow why am I complaining about Marta's underwear shot Razz I dont mean to, I just got a bit angry at Metal Hammer that to get in there calender you had to be half naked.

Sorry for my rant but it just gives me so much more respect for Sharon Smile

Not that I have any disrespect to any of the women in the calender. Seriously I'm no good at explaining myself am I Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? Empty

Back to top Go down

Good role model?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next