The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Good role model?

Go down 
+21
Gaia
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
britrogue
magnoly
BigBossWTF
WTrocker
FallenHalos
Lady Draconian
Amairwyn
Anna
Audina
max
ice-queen
Fork Ninja
Toatsies
LeiaLeFey
Scarygothgirl
NeonFishnets
Deceiver-Of-Fools
KellieBent
Ktsunami
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Yes, no, maybe?
Heck YES!
Good role model? - Page 3 Vote_lcap96%Good role model? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 96% [ 54 ]
Yeah, sure... why not?
Good role model? - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Good role model? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Maybe
Good role model? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Good role model? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Nope.
Good role model? - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Good role model? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
I don't want my kid wearing her dresses! WTF is wrong with you?!
Good role model? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Good role model? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 56

AuthorMessage
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Good role model? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 6:44 pm

Your cats and my dogs will be huge WT fans Razz The cutest WT fans ever Smile

Brainwashing animals with WT is the way to go.

I think through Sharon's lyrics she is being a role model as well. There is a lot of hope in them. Like Pale Smile and Somewhere. No matter how sad it is there is hope.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Number of posts : 1370
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue30 / 20030 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Indeed. Very Happy And I'm glad their songs always have meaning.

Our pets will be the biggest animal WT fans. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 8166
Favorite WT song : Pale, Caged, Lost, Forgiven
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue90 / 20090 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Brainwashing animals is unethical. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.musesofmetal.com
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Number of posts : 1370
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue30 / 20030 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 9:55 pm

I'd never brainwash an animal. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 1:51 am

But brainwashing them with WT is good for them Razz Calms my dog during fireworks and she always runs down to watch BS Smile

Sharon is just so inspiring In Love
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Number of posts : 11505
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Of course she is! There is nothing she has done horribly wrong is there?
Back to top Go down
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
Number of posts : 4931
Favorite WT song : All I Need
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue75 / 20075 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:01 am

KellieBent wrote:
Of course she is Smile I might have to kill people if they so no Razz

The fact that all of WT took time off to finish college courses is amazing. They thought about a future if WT didn't work out. Well thats all of WT being good role models Razz

She balances out WT and being a mother. She writes amazing lyrics that inspire and help us out. She is genuinely a lovely person. She's friendly and makes the time for her fans. Aside from WT she designs the merch and styles the band so she obviously does a lot of work.

I was going to say she doesnt drink to excess and do drugs like other rock stars but I saw in an interview Robert saying about having a spliff and listening to Bob Marley Razz but you know it's legal in Holland. But it's not like she promotes drink or drugs and isn't seen completely wasted in pics.

She doesnt have to get half naked to promote the band because her talent alone is good enough.

I'm sure there are a million reasons Razz

Deceiver-Of-Fools wrote:
Of course she is!! There's never any drama with Shaz, and she hardly ever has a bad word to say about anyone (well, once she called someone an asshole, but that was cause they were really difficult to work with). I think she proves that women don't have to be bitches to get ahead, and she's always laughing and smiling, so that's ANOTHER reason.

NeonFishnets wrote:
OH my gods, HELL YES! She's an AWESOME role model. In fact, I don't think I'd want my children to have any other role model BUT her.

And I agree with what Kellie said about them still taking college courses just in case. That means she's smart, which is also a good thing for someone to model themselves off of.

She has NO ego. She doesn't think of herself as a rock star, she doesn't think of anyone being lesser than her because of her occupation and fame, and she's always nice to fans; taking out time to sign things, and take photographs, talk with people...

She has a great personality, and a great view on life. Smiling and enjoying things whenever she can..And she really doesn't drink excessively...as she has said. She gets drunk really easily due to her lack of alcohol consumption. And that's a good thing for people to follow: Have a drink every once in a while, but don't overdo it. Razz

LeiaLeFey wrote:
Sharon is a great role model. There is so much about her that someone could look up to. She doesn't dress slutty and she is very sweet inside and out. She has one of the most amazing personalities and on top of that is amazingly humble. I adore her.

KellieBent wrote:
Razz Amy have you seen the sauna pics of Tuomas? Plus I spent forever looking for all the brum pics as he had his top unbuttoned Fangirl

I do think Sharon is sophisticatedly sexy. She is so beautiful that really if she was in some revealing thing you'd look at her stunning face first Razz It really does give me so much respect towards her. Sex sells but she proves that you dont have to strip off to sell anything. You just need your talent.

FallenHalos wrote:
I definetly think she is.

She hasn't let fame and being a rockstar get to her head, she isn't full of herself or a diva or self centered. She seems so genuine and down to earth and honestly cares about her fans. And like pretty much everyone else has stated, she doesn't flaunt her beauty. She's absolutley gorgeous but doesn't show it all off and she's amazingly talented.

She's definetly someone you can look up to versus other rockstars or singers or models.

Eva Luna is so lucky Very Happy

Holy shit-fuck! You've all said EVERYTHING I would have said about Sharon being a good role model, and just in general, the type of woman she is! Wide Eyed
That's pretty much EXACTLY what I think and feel about Sharon! You people are all amazing for being able to see that in Sharon! You gals rock! w00t
That's why I literally have an undying and indefinite gratitude, respect, and love for Sharon! In Love
Sharon4Life!!!!!!!!!!!! Fangirl
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bigbossms
magnoly
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
magnoly

Female
Number of posts : 4031
Favorite WT song : The Promise
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue43 / 20043 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:15 pm

I absolutely agree with all what already have been said in this topic.
Sharon definately is a good role model. She is so nice, always smiling, doesn't act like a rock star. She concentrates on music and gives out so much strength and hope through her lyrics. She has priorities and principles. I'm sure she's a great mother.
I totally respect her as a musician and of course as a person.

And I must say that I have changed under her influence. I am more optimistic, and now I try to smile a lot to people; I also learned and gained hope and strength to make my dreams come true. Mostly I learned from the lyrics, also from her attitude to life.
I know I may sound like an obsessed fangirl, but she really became someone important to me. I don't try to worship her or something like that, and I know I am just a fan among millions of others, but I really wouldn't be who I am right now if I didn't get to know about Sharon (Within Temptation).
Back to top Go down
http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com/index.htm
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:32 pm

I agree. Sharon has always been the nicest person ever since she was first introduced in the music industry. I'm sure she was lovely before too. Whenever you see her she is smiling and happy. She hasn't done anything wrong like rehab or jail. She is deffinatly the best lady in music for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue75 / 20075 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptySun May 31, 2009 12:40 am

WHAT!!!!!?????
Who the HEEEEEEEEEEEELL, on the poll, said "Nope"!!!!??? Swearing
You gotta be fuckin shitting me!
How the fuck would Sharon NOT BE a good role model for ANYONE!?
Give me ONE good reason why she wouldn't be!? (That's right, you got none!)Flipping Off
She's the best role model for any girl/woman!
Sharon's the BEST...PERIOD! XD
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 8166
Favorite WT song : Pale, Caged, Lost, Forgiven
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue90 / 20090 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptySun May 31, 2009 1:12 am

^^ You said that word... Period. I thought men were afraid of that word. No wait that's just Eetu and the guys in my family, sorry.

Anwho, I agree she's the perfect role model I believe I wrote the makings of an essay on page 2. I could expand on that. It is like she's reaching out a hand a telling people to hold onto hope and everything they have. Also, she's a good mother and doesn't focus wholey on her musical career and the "art of making money".
Back to top Go down
http://www.musesofmetal.com
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptySun May 31, 2009 1:19 am

taytayroxbigtime wrote:
^^ You said that word... Period. I thought men were afraid of that word. No wait that's just Eetu and the guys in my family, sorry.

Anwho, I agree she's the perfect role model I believe I wrote the makings of an essay on page 2. I could expand on that. It is like she's reaching out a hand a telling people to hold onto hope and everything they have. Also, she's a good mother and doesn't focus wholey on her musical career and the "art of making money".
Amen to that! She's not greedy, and she has her priorities in the right place!
There are sooooo many positive things about her, it's impossible to name them all! Surprised
Back to top Go down
britrogue
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
britrogue

Female
Number of posts : 90
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue10 / 20010 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 1:34 pm

I think she is. Sharon has such spirit and charisma, she puts a smile on your face.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 10978
Favorite WT song : Candels
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 2:45 pm

How didn`t I posted in this toppic yet?0.o

Of course she is totally.She is such a kind,wonderful person,lovely,a unique personality,style and she is not that type of singer who only cares about money and fame.She is just being herself and that`s what I appreciate on her.Pretty-much what everyone said Laughing .But she`s defintely my rolemodel,any time,every time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Gaia
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Gaia

Number of posts : 27
Favorite WT song : Hand Of Sorrow , Jillian , Enter
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 12:50 am

sure she is !!
Because she has Talent, charisma, a beautiful voice, is a wonderful person and the most important she worries for her fans and it is obvious whenever she rise to the stage and gives us the best performance Sheep in Love
Back to top Go down
Alyna
Restless
Restless
Alyna

Female
Number of posts : 1207
Favorite WT song : What have you done & Forgiven
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue50 / 20050 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 6:50 am

Sure she is.
Sharon is amazing in all the stuff that she`s making.She is great and her voice is just so lovely Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.twilight-fans.super-forum.net
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 3:46 am

So, just to throw this around in here...

What do you guys think of Sharon givig her babies Robert's surname?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 3:55 am

Hmmm hadn't thought about that. I dunno there as good as married so it's probably just easier to give them Robert's last name. Though den Adel does sound prettier.

Though if I had a child (which is not gonna happen but still) I think I'd want it to have my last name. Rather than it's Dad's as you know, I'd have given birth to it and it's like a womans rights thing Razz that you dont have to take the mans last name. Baby Bent Razz

But whatever she's happy with Smile
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 10978
Favorite WT song : Candels
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 8:08 am

I don`t have any peoblem for choosing Robert`s surname for Luna and Aiden.Most of families do.And if she likes that I don`t have nothing against it Smile
In my opinion Eva Den Adel might soung great but Robin Aiden Den Adel.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 9:03 am

Ktsunami wrote:
So, just to throw this around in here...

What do you guys think of Sharon givig her babies Robert's surname?

It bothered me. Or not bother so much as I just noitced it instead of assuming...

I don't know. I tend to not like men so I'm a little bias XD

Let's just say I have more repsect for woman who don't change their name after marriage. And I have considered changing my last name to my mother's maiden name...
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 5:44 pm

It's all just personal choice though. I dont think any less of her for choosing his name. It's whatever they are happy with.
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Bless :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Good role model? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Good role model? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 6:13 pm

You guys could probably guess that I don't like it. I agree with Amy, even though I have my dad's surname I don't plan on changing it for anyone.
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 6:22 pm

I don't mind if Sharon has chosen Luna and Aiden's last names to be Westerholt. I mean, Sharon loves Robert and if she didn't love him she would have given her last name for them, you know?
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 6:26 pm

So Sharon wouldn't love Robert if she gace them her her surname? I'm sorry, but that's a little offensive don't you think?
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 8:39 pm

Well imagine if Sharon suddenly split with Robert, knock on wood, and so she had the kids. Perhaps she would like them to have her last name instead of his, only because she wasn't with Rob and didn't love him anymore. I didn't mean they would still be together but she didn't love him so she would change it Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good role model?   Good role model? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good role model?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next