The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

General discussion thread

Go down 
+19
xut0piax
rosetounge
donttearmedown
Onno
LeiaLeFey
FallenHalos
Lady Draconian
BigBossWTF
Lady Halliwell
Alyna
magnoly
ice-queen
Fork Ninja
NeonFishnets
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Ktsunami
KellieBent
Sweet Sorrow
WTrocker
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200General discussion thread - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
General discussion thread - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200General discussion thread - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

General discussion thread - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:51 am

Yes! In Love It's even more amazing and crazy in person. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Number of posts : 11505
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200General discussion thread - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
General discussion thread - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200General discussion thread - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:47 pm

You're so lucky, Kay!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 8166
Favorite WT song : Pale, Caged, Lost, Forgiven
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue90 / 20090 / 200General discussion thread - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
General discussion thread - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200General discussion thread - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 9:23 pm

*dies in utter awe* I envy you Razz
I'm glad you enjoyed your time it looks amazing!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.musesofmetal.com
magnoly
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
magnoly

Female
Number of posts : 4031
Favorite WT song : The Promise
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue43 / 20043 / 200General discussion thread - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:31 pm

Wow, I'm happy for you Kay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com/index.htm
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200General discussion thread - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
General discussion thread - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200General discussion thread - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:34 pm

Thanks guys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FallenHalos
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
FallenHalos

Female
Number of posts : 6906
Favorite WT song : Our Farewell, Towards the End, Utopia, Caged
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue64 / 20064 / 200General discussion thread - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:09 am

Love Cristina is so amazing <8888888888888888888

So today, for the first time in 3 years, I hung out with Nicole Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Some of you probably know who she is Razz I've talked about her in the rant thread Razz So anyway we've been talking on Facebook a lot and we realized that it was like we never stopped talking at all, even though it had been so long. So she came to pick me up today and we went to her house.
IT WAS SO MUCH FUN XD We were both in hysterics and talking about all the memories we had and stuff of when we used to hang out.

So then we took a billion pics and stuff, and it was just really awesome Very Happy So here are some of the best pics Smile

She started cracking up because of something I said XD
General discussion thread - Page 35 5-27MeandNicole3

Outside her house
General discussion thread - Page 35 5-27MeandNicole7

Evil plotting Razz
General discussion thread - Page 35 5-27MeandNicole15

Her drink was really good apparently Razz
General discussion thread - Page 35 5-27MeandNicole17
General discussion thread - Page 35 5-27MeandNicole24
General discussion thread - Page 35 5-27MeandNicole31

On the way back
General discussion thread - Page 35 5-27MeandNicole37

XD Her hand... was reaching for sunglasses XD Looks so dirty though
General discussion thread - Page 35 5-27MeandNicole36
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200General discussion thread - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:19 am

Very Happy I am so happy for you Rynne! Looks like you had so much fun Glomp And you look gorgeous as always <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
Number of posts : 4931
Favorite WT song : All I Need
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue75 / 20075 / 200General discussion thread - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 5:13 am

@Kay: Fuckin awesome, glad you and your friends enjoyed the gig.

@Rynne: You and your friend Nicole look like sisters. Razz Good to hear you two had a great time together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bigbossms
FallenHalos
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
FallenHalos

Female
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue64 / 20064 / 200General discussion thread - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 6:34 am

@Kellie Hug Glomp Thank you <3333333

@Rob XD Very Happy Thank you Smile Hug Actually, people used to say that all the time, especially when our hair was the same color XD
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue90 / 20090 / 200General discussion thread - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:19 pm

Wow, I can't believe I missed this! You're both stunning and do look like sisters Surprised <3
Back to top Go down
FallenHalos
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
FallenHalos

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:02 pm

OMG. AFI!!!!!!
General discussion thread - Page 35 0602002228
Love Love Love Love Love I'm still spazzing as I write this. SO. AFI = AMAZING BAND. The concert was in Indianna, - a state away- So we left at like 9:30am. The concert was at 7:30. We get there around 2-3 I think, (there was an hour time change XD) And we're all hungry, so we go eat really fast, then go to the building to wait. There was already a line, but it wan't huge or anything, which was awesome. So we sit there, waiting, so on. I was texting and taking pics and so on. THEN....
SPRINKLES!
It started sprinkling on us, so I'm like :O oh shit!...a few minutes later. COMPLETE DOWNPOUR. It poured rain, nonstop, for like 5 minutes. There was NO place to get covered either, so I hid under my dads jacket XD So we're all laughing and everyone was still super stoked despite the fact we were all soaking wet XD ...XD I was very wet for Davey lol! So anyway, stops raining, and it was REALLY nice out, with a nice breeze. So we waited in line until 6:30, until they let us in. We get in there and security decided they want to confiscate my chains O.o...even though other people had them on. So I'm like >.< FINEEEEE. So I followed them in back to check in my chains to pick up later, then called my dad to see where they were. THEY WERE IN FRONT! :O
So I go running into the room, which was like, half of it had tables and chairs almost like a lounge, and the other half was all floor room, then there was the rails, then the stage. So We were RIGHT at the rails! *squeeeee* So I grab my dad, then drag him out to the main lobby to buy me a shirt XD So then, changed into my new shirt, then ran back. Shoved my way to the rail again to wait Razz It seemed to take forever, but finally the first opening act came on. We Are Hex.
It was a local group and I actually really liked them, even though the lead singer had a bit of a rough voice. I loved her screams XD
General discussion thread - Page 35 WeAreHex3
General discussion thread - Page 35 WeAreHex6

So they played for about 15 minutes, just a short set, then the set was switched for the next group; Scarlet Grey.
I only liked 2 of their songs, but the lead singer was so freaking cute XD He played some pirate song at the end and he goes "My names Ben... AND I'M A PIRATE! Very Happy" I died of a gigglefit and squealing Razz So then at the end he jumped off stage into the small space where security was between stage and rails, and ran right past me, and I have it on video XD
General discussion thread - Page 35 ScarletGrey
Ben Very Happy
General discussion thread - Page 35 ScarletGrey6

So then, at 9 something.... AFI FREAKING COMES ON STAGE! First it was Adam (drummer) Then Hunter (bassist) and Jade (guitarist) and then out of nowhere Davey runs on stage and TOTALLY goes crazy. He was running back and forth and jumping everywhere and grabbing the mic stand and just going wild XD Then he knocked over the mic stand in one of his crazy jumps, and then suddenly he was humping the speakers!! XD I caught the video of it on my phone, but its blurry XD I was dying though XD O_O WANTED TO BE THOSE SPEAKERS! Wide Eyed
Really bad quality, and side ways.. but XD
https://s369.photobucket.com/albums/oo139/Plaid-Rose/Mobile%20Uploads/?action=view¤t=0602002118.flv
So then, the first song they played was Medicate. It was fucking fantastic. Seriously, just amazing, his voice, the whole bands energy. And I was SO close to the stage. I was squeeeeing non stop XD So then, after the like, 2nd song I think, Davey came over to my end of the stage (I was at the left) And he was RIGHT THERE Wide Eyed And so I was squealing and I had my arms stretched out.
And ohmyfuckinggod. He looked RIGHT at me. Seriously. And held my eyes for a few moment and held out his hand for a second towards me, then jumped back and ran to the other end of the stage. I was like O_O *notbreathing* *SCREAMS* It was freaking amazing. I turned around and looked at my mom and was like O_O DID YOU FREAKING SEE THAT?!?!?!?!?And she's like Wide Eyed HE LOOKED RIGHT AT YOU!!!!!!! I was dying Razz So then Hunter kept coming over and playing directly in front of us, and I got some awesome pics of that XD Then AGAIN. Davey came over to my end of the stage, and I was jumping to one of their song, and had my hand up, and he fucking looked at me again O_O. Like, its not one of those just, glance at the crowd looks. You KNOW he's looking at you because he holds your eyes O_O. And I'm like *daveygasmsqueals*
So they played Medicate, End Transmission, Leaving Song Pt II, Miss Murder, Love Like Winter, Silver and Cold, Darling, I want to Destroy you, and a few others that I can't remember right now XD I have the amazingly awesome screaming part of Miss Murder recorded, and all of Love Like Winter, and half of Silver and Cold, and then bits of the other songs... and like 200 pics Razz
General discussion thread - Page 35 AFI7
General discussion thread - Page 35 AFI8
General discussion thread - Page 35 AFI13
General discussion thread - Page 35 AFI19
General discussion thread - Page 35 AFI20
General discussion thread - Page 35 AFI25
General discussion thread - Page 35 AFI50

*daveygasm*
General discussion thread - Page 35 AFI81
General discussion thread - Page 35 AFI104
General discussion thread - Page 35 AFI97

XD There's a lot, so
https://s369.photobucket.com/albums/oo139/Plaid-Rose/AFI%20Concert%20June%202nd%202010/ is the link to it. Just chcked XD the pass is "plaidrose" Razz
So anyway, then the concert ended at 10:20 and I died of happiness XD So then we run outside and I was like "We have to wait for the band!" My dad wasn't thrilled 'cause he had to work in the morning Razz But he agreed. So we waited outside for a long time, and then Adam came out. He signed my ticket, and then a ticket I had for Nicole. Then he hugged me Wide Eyed It was AMAZING Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy So then awhile later the lead singer of Scarlet Grey came out and my mom and I got his autograph and he goes "I'm Ben" and shook out hands and I go "You're a pirate! Very Happy" and he laughs and was like "that's right! Very Happy" and so I asked for a hug and he gave me the cutest hug I've ever had. He put his arms around me and then squeezed XD It was the cutest thing ever. I wanted to take him home XD And also, on my autograph, he put 3 x's XD And every one elses autograph he only put 2 Love I feel so special Razz
So then Hunter came out, and I got his autograph. THEN at around midnight, Davey FINALLY comes out and the manager said he'd sign autographs at the bus door, but not pics or hugs. So I'm like Sad but Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy So I get in line, and am about to die being so close to his godliness XD So then. AT 12:54am.... I met davey XD
I walked up to him and gave him both tickets to sign, and said that the show had been amazing and thanked him. I was like, so breathless and in shock. He is fucking gorgeous. Like seriously, in person, he's just Wide Eyed breathtaking. So then my mom was getting her autograph, then we go to walk away and while I was walking back past him I go "Take care of yourself from rabid fans Razz" and he looks up and gives me this smile and laughs and goes "thank you, I'll try" And kind of waved. And I'm like General discussion thread - Page 35 330738...literally.
So then I waited until I was a decent ways away before I screamed my head of and squealed and bounced around XD I did that for about an hour XD It was seriously the most fucking amazing thing ever. They have SO much energy and his voice is AMAZING and they're all so sweet and just Love
It was awesome Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by FallenHalos on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200General discussion thread - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:11 pm

Very Happy Rynne the gig sounds so amazing! And you got to the front Dancing I'm so happy you got to meet them as well. Davey looks so different from Miss Murder Razz I'm so glad you have such an amazing night Glomp
Back to top Go down
FallenHalos
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
FallenHalos

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:51 pm

I KNOWWWW I DID Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Love Hug Glomp
I know he changed his look a LOT, first I really hated it, but now after seeing him in person. He is so fucking sexy, and he carries the look so well Wide Eyed Suggestive wink I wanted to hog-tie him and bring him home to keep Love

Snug It was amazing <3
Back to top Go down
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue75 / 20075 / 200General discussion thread - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 6:04 am

Oh man Rynne, your review is awesome, lol! Just reading it made me laugh. Very Happy I'm so glad you had such an amazing time and that you really loved it and got into it. Lucky, too, with being in front and getting "the look" from the singer. Ver' nice. Thumbs Up Good times for you, good times! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 6:12 am

Well, Davey definitely looks better than he did here:

General discussion thread - Page 35 Davey_Havok_2

I do not dig the "hey, look! I'm a chick!" look. XD
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
FallenHalos
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
FallenHalos

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 6:51 am

@Rob, thank you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Love It was awesome

@Andy
Wide Eyed SHHHHH!! No insults of the god! XD Razz
I think he looks fucking sexy no matter how he looks <88888 But this new style really did grow on me Suggestive wink
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 2:30 pm

That looks amazing!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I'm so glad you had fun!!
Back to top Go down
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 4:33 am

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...ANYBODY!!! bounce

So I'm trying to renew my membership at The Silent Force Fanclub, online, but it won't let me change my billing address and I need to cause I don't live in Modesto anymore. AND so I'm trying to pay with my card, but I guess it has to be a bank transfer, which confused the crap out of me, so i guess it placed the order, but it didn't so I don't know what's going on with that cause I haven't given them any info on my card yet, so yeah. And Pay pal, i have no idea what that is and how you pay with that. So please, ANYBODY who knows how to do this, can I get some help on how to do it, cause I obviously fail at it. Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 pm

Rob
There's an The Silent Force Thread
I think it's better if you posted that there.
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
magnoly

Female
Number of posts : 4031
Favorite WT song : The Promise
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue43 / 20043 / 200General discussion thread - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 8:35 pm

Everyone!!! If you have a minute please go there http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/LOTS3 and sign this petition for me!!! I would SO appreciate it! Thanks in advance! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com/index.htm
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:00 am

Thought I’d tell you all about Download Smile so this will probably be really long and a lot of gushing over Corey Taylor and Stone Sour. And moaning about rain.

Thursday: We set off before midday and I could barely fit in the back of the car for the amount of stuff Razz we had Stone Sour playing on the way to get us in the mood and it was only like 15 minutes before we saw the first yellow Download sign. So much squeeing occurred when we saw them. The roads are just so familiar to me now I love it. I nearly jumped through the car roof once I saw both the main stages. ACDC had brought their own stage so there were 2 Smile We got parked up, and then loaded up the wheelbarrow and our backs and headed to the entrance. Which was like 5 mins away. They had the funkiest wristband machines that you put your arm in and it like heat sealed them. So we set off to find a campsite and see Gold and decide we want to camp there because it’s the closest and that we could sing the song Gold by Spandau Ballet XD So we sang that most the way til we realised it was on a huge steep hill and went to Orange instead. And I just changed the word gold to orange Razz We found a nice spot and set up the tents, which wasn’t easy in the wind as Bent Tent Jnr kept trying to fly away Razz And then we put Bent Tent up to find the pole wasn’t just bent thanks to that fat bitch last year but it was completely snapped. So we managed to fix it with a tent peg and tied it together with a guide rope. It only took us another trip to the car to get all our stuff to the tent which was lucky as we had predicted 4 trips Razz We started having a few drinks and then later headed off to the village where they have 2 big tents for entertainment and then loads of shops and food stalls. I bought a lion hat which was later named Corey <3 and we just went round shopping for a bit. Dave went off to meet Josh and me and Haz stayed at the camp drinking.

After a while some Scottish bloke in a kilt came over and started talking to us. He was then on about how he had been lazily stalking us and was pissed off that someone had put there tent in the way so he could no longer stare at my arse whilst I went into the tent. Yes I attracted another creepy guy, go me. He made a lot of not so subtle sexual jokes and we just wanted rid of him. He said his camp were trying to work out if Dave was a man or woman Razz and he was coming to see if we were both legal. Ugh. He was just really creepy. Like seriously I don’t understand why I attract such creepy blokes. What is wrong with me? He called over this really drunk bloke who really didn’t seem entertained by him, a lot like us. Thankfully he eventually fucked off and me and Haz were left in peace to chat a lot of shit Razz

Friday: I always forget how evil the sun is in the morning and so you always get boiled out of the tent. After getting ready I went on the butter run for the crumpets to the newsagents which was like 1 minute from our tent. Which was really useful as it’s always been the opposite side to where we camped before. The Scottish stalker came over and we barely spoke to him so he fucked off. The bands didn’t start til 3 and 36 Crazyfists weren’t on til 4 so we just sat around drinking til 3pm. Then we headed off for –the walk-. Since the Download site had to be moved off Donington race track in 2008 the walk has always been a proper trek. So it was a 3.7 mile walk from Orange which took us 30 minutes. In the heat it really is a killer. I think Unearth started a bit late as I still saw a bit of them. I didn’t take any notice of them though. Then I went to find Wez for 36 Crazyfists but couldn’t find him so I just went into the crowd on my own. I got about middle of the main crowd as you have to go through a barrier to get into the main crowd. They opened with a new song which confused me as I was like hang on a minute I don’t know this song! They bought Howard from Killwitch Engage on for Elysium which was fucking amazing! I had thought about how good it would be if they bought him on and they did. I love Howard Smile and they work well together. I went mental for Bloodwork, even more so for Kay Smile and then the moment I had been waiting for, Slit Wrist Theory. My god did I scream those lyrics. I had wanted that moment again for over a year. It was amazing. Then I think they were told they had extra time because they played The All Night Lights after which left us all very confused. The crowd around me were all really into it though which made it all the more enjoyable. I tried to ring Wez and Haz and Dave after but as I found out I could not get signal in the arena at all and ended up the whole of Friday on my lonesome Sad I walked around trying to find Haz and Dave but no luck so I moved back to watch Killwitch Engage. I saw them last year and they were really good. Oh yeah it was my 6th time seeing 36 too Smile Well Killswitch were good but I’m not really that big a fan of them and Adam D is just such a dickhead. He’s not funny at all and Howard looks embarrassed of him. They played Holy Diver last and of course there was a tribute to Dio. I went off to get food from Deli Kate who is a legend at Bloodstock. She does amazing baguettes with loads of salad and it was so nice to eat something decent. I also caught a bit of Coheed and Cambria who I also saw in 08 and I heard the known songs, which I don’t actually know the names of Razz Then it was Them Crooked Vultures who I wasn’t bothered about and I didn’t really get into them but I guess it was pretty cool to see Dave Grohl play. At some point I went to buy a new Download Dog toy who was later named Brock. So I have Brock and Brink. It makes me laugh that Brock is pink. Well when I went to buy it some guy asked me were the toilets were then kept talking to me telling me he was from New Zealand and tried to get my number, After that failed he asked for a kiss and I told him to fuck off. Then time for ACDC. I didn’t think I’d enjoy them too much as I only know a few songs but my god were they amazing. I have never seen anything like it. They bought there own stage for one, had flashing caps with devil horns, had fireworks, a big train whith Rosie the gigantic blow up doll sitting on it. Angus stripped down to his boxers which has ACDC on them and he was running round the stage flashing XD They were so energetic despite being old and the singers voice is amazing. I cant put into words how captivating that show was. Just amazing. Everyone was up dancing the whole time and everyone was just loving it. They had loads of fireworks at the end too Smile

As I was walking back I got like 20 texts off Haz and Wez asking where I was and telling me where they were which really wasn’t fucking useful. The reception at the arena just didn’t work at all, all weekend. As I was walking back the Scottish stalker walked right beside me so I slowed all the way down and luckily he didn’t see me at all. Had to wait a while for Haz and Dave to get back as they had gone to look in the village. Then we got to more drinking. The random neighbour from the night before had been wandering round for about an hour and then came over and said that he remembered my silly hat and so had now found his tent. He ended up talking to us for like 2 hours and he was completely mashed. Completely off his face. He said how much he hated the Scottish stalker and if he came over to us again he’d beat the shit out of him XD Which was much appreciated and we never actually saw the Scottish bloke again despite him being 3 tents away. He said he kept thinking my tent was his and then later said something about losing his lighter and it only clicked later to me that I came back Friday to find some lighter on my pillow so I have a feeling he might have passed out in my tent or something XD never mind. Was a fun night though.

Saturday: We finally worked out the best way to cook crumpets at a festival. We used the frying pan and fried them in butter and then put loads more butter on. They were really nice and a bit of luxury away from home. As the hexi tablets dropped out of my bag we used firelighters to cook which gave off horrible thick black smoke and my lungs are still dying now from it. Then we started drinking. Now I know this is starting to sound bad but at festivals people don’t ever stop drinking and no one bats an eyelid at someone wasted at 8am. It’s a whole other world where no rules apply. And it was nice to just sit having a few drinks in the sun before a day of bands. Well I went off to the portaloo slightly tipsy and forgot to lock it so some poor bloke opened the door to me squatting over a portaloo XD XD XD XD Oh it was the funniest thing ever XD He didn’t get sight of anything but the poor blokes face XD He just said sorry and quickly closed the door but he looked mortified XD XD XD Luckily I have no shame so I find it hilarious. I couldn’t stop laughing for half an hour. God it was funny XD Just the guys face XD. Just as we were about to leave for Atreyu, Wez text me saying they were playing right now and so I got really pissed off because I really wanted to see them. They were an hour early and it took half an hour to get to the arena so there was no way I would have got there to see them. Fucking Flyleaf were late or something so Atreyu had to go on. Ugh I just hate them more now. I wish they’d put a message around the campsites if there’s changes because it’s really not fair on us. I went into a mass panic trying to find out if the time for 5 Finger Death Punch had changed. Seriously how can everyone else manage to get there on time and they cant. East Midlands airport is not even 5 minutes away!

So yeah we got there for Five Finger Death Punch who I missed last year due to being too lazy to get into the arena. They were like the first band on last year and this year they moved up to 5th on which is a big achievement. They have so much energy and put on such a good show. The song before last they got everyone to crowd surf and some people stormed the stage which resulted in their set being cut, except it was the last song anyway and so they played The Bleeding which I love Smile I was really glad I finally got to see them. Also I had never seen so much crowd participation and see so many people jump up so far back at 3pm. Next up was Lamb Of God who I saw back in 2007 and went in their circle pits back then but I’m too old now for pits. I like to stand back and dance or go mental instead now. They put on a great show as usual, not so into them now but they really get the crowd going. I love being able to stand back at festival and see people going crazy for a band. Just seeing seas of hands clapping and waving and throwing the horns is amazing. Such a great sight. Me and Haz left Dave to watch Volbeat as we really weren’t bothered about Megadeth. They were really good, I saw them last year as well but I was really disappointed they didn’t play I Only Wanna Be With You because that’s pretty much the reason I went to see them. I’m glad I did though because they have a lot of good songs. Then we caught the end of Megadeth who really didn’t do anything for me but Dave enjoyed them. I kind of think of them as a boy’s band if you get what I mean. We got food and ended up seeing some of The Blackout who are fucking awful. I really hate them. They were sexist and cocky and I have no idea how they have female fans after calling them all liars. Also their guitarist hadn’t gone to the festival because he was watching the world cup at home. What the fuck? Lots of fan loyalty there dickheads. Then it was time for HIM Very Happy Now Deftones were on at the same time and I would have liked to see them but I love HIM and Finns so there was no contest. Even if it was my 3rd time seeing them this year and 3rd and half time of seeing them. I left half way through their set back in 08 to see The Offspring. It was a bit of a strange set and they could have played some better songs but it was amazing all the same. Right Here In My Arms is one of my favourites so I love hearing that. They seem to always play Kiss Of Dawn now and I’m not too keen on that. Something I have noticed with HIM though is that they barely speak to the crowd. I don’t think he addressed us once actually. They just talk amongst themselves. I don’t know if it’s a Finnish thing or his just shy but seeing as they have been to Download more times than any band (not Monsters Of Rock but when it was changed to Download in 03) you’d think they could say ‘How are you doing Donington’ or something. The place is fucking legendary and it’s the 30th anniversary. Well yeah still they played amazingly even if I am biased and they ended with Rebel Yell which really got the crowd going because Billy Idol was playing the next day. And then it was time for Rage Against The Machine. And fuck me was that an amazing performance. We were in the front part of the crowd, behind all the barriers but still in a main crowd. Everyone was just going mental for Rage and they are so aggressive and have so much energy. It’s all quite bass heavy too and I love bass so I was loving them even if I didn’t know too many of their songs. I don’t know if all of you know but here in England there was a campaign to get Rage’s Killing In The Name Of to Christmas number 1 instead of X-Factor and it did become number 1 Smile so when they played that at the end of the set just everyone went crazy. I’ve never seen a crowd go so mental. It was just a great moment to be a part of that.

Luckily I had managed to stay with Haz and Dave all day thanks to our meeting spot of a giant Ozzy sign. I did see Wez and Alex for about 20 mins after Five Finger Death Punch but couldn’t find them again after. So I didn’t have to walk back on my lonesome this time. We sat round drinking and our other neighbours, 4 lads came and talked with us for a few hours. They kept offering us beer but we had enough of our own to get through. One of them kept falling off his chair which was hilarious and they were all really nice lads. Despite one saying Corey Taylor was a bit of a twat. How the hell is he? They were funny though and I always love talking to the neighbours and talking about everyone’s Download experience. People are just so friendly.

Sunday: We were meant to go in for 11am to see Dommin but by the time we’d fried up our lovely crumpets and gotten ready it was past half 10 and it meant walking there, seeing them and walking back again which is an hours journey. We could hear them from the camp anyway. Our camp was probably the closest and if they had just let us walk across another part of the racetrack it would have taken 10 mins if that. I saw Dommin back in March supporting HIM anyway so I wasn’t too bothered. We started on our morning drinking before the bands and it was so fucking hot. We had to make shade out of the tent doors, chairs, poles and blankets. I mean it was boiling until 3pm. I wasn’t bothered about seeing Saxon because I saw them at Bloodstock and I’d never heard anything by Cinderella or nothing that comes to mind. We could hear Slash playing from the tent and then we set off to the arena to see Billy Idol. On the walk to the arena I heard Sweet Child Of Mine, Paradise City and also Slither by Velvet Revolver all played by Slash. I think the singer of Alter Bridge was singing for him. I saw Velvet Revolver in 07 so I had already seen Slash in the flesh so wasn’t bothered about missing him. The fucking second we got in and sat down for Billy Idol the heavens open and it absolutely pissed it down. There’s 100,000+ people dressed for summer and the rain was bloody torrential. So we had to huddle under 1 umbrella which was leaking. I still had a bit of a dance to Billy Idol but I just couldn’t enjoy him with the rain. I had envisioned proper going for it for Rebel Yell in the sun and it was just not as fun in the rain which was a real shame. I’ll moan about the rain now because I was so fucking cold at points I thought I might die. I had never been so cold in my life and you just cant get warm at all when you are soaked through. Even my knickers were soaking wet (for Corey Suggestive wink XD ) but yeah not one part of my was dry. It was horrible. Really ruined part of the day. Dave really wanted to watch Motorhead but me and Haz weren’t bothered because we saw them in 08 and did nothing for us then. So we stood in the rain watching them all the time thinking we were going to die of pneumonia and we were just shivering wishing the time would pass. They bought Slash on for a song so atleast we did get to see him. Dave enjoyed them all so that’s alright. I really wanted to see Steel Panther but I was past caring at that point and we just stood in one of the stalls for an hour because we needed to be able to stay dry. We got a hot chocolate hoping to keep warm but it was fucking horrible and all the mix was at the bottom and not mixed in. it didn’t keep us even when half of it was Jack Daniels. I really cant explain how fucking cold I was. I do wish I could have watched Steel Panther though because they are hilarious. We saw Stone Temple Pilots from under the stall but they weren’t too impressive and I thought it was funny as I thought Slash and Scott Wieldland hated each other. Not sure though.

And now time for Stone Sour. Yes they get there own paragraph because it was spectacular. Whilst walking to the second stage though I thought I might die still as we were frozen and our feet were brown. Haz was wearing flats and here feet were completely brown and soaked through XD I just kept saying to Corey that he better be worth it and he better put on the show of his life. Which he did. They opened with a new song and played 3 new song in total. Usually I don’t like bands playing new songs but they sounded amazing and I will be getting the album straight away. I expected nothing less than genius from Stone Sour though. We were in the main crowd and everyone was going mental around me and I just went crazy. For one they were fucking amazing and 2 I needed to stay warm! Made Of Scars is one of my favourite songs and I went crazy for that and they played Silly World which apparently they hadn’t played in the UK for ages. Corey Taylor is quite possibly the best frontman in the world. He’s incredible and really gets the crowd going. He’s wasted in Slipknot. I find them too much of an act and a front and he just cant be himself because he really is charming, funny and genuine. Not some hate machine. He should never have a mask covering that sexy face of his. My faith was restored that I still like men the second he walked on the stage. Oh the things I’d love to do to Corey Razz He hadn’t played Bother since Paul Grey did and there was a lovely chant for Paul Grey. Corey was nearly crying for most of it and I have no idea how he held it together because I know most people were crying at that point. I’ve never seen such an emotional performance of a song, he was really on the verge of crying. His voice was faltering because of it. It was such a beautiful moment, my favourite of any festival. I love Bother it’s such a gorgeous song and just to have all that meaning and emotion behind it was heartwarming. It was just beautiful. And to have a whole crowd scream along to every word was amazing. Then he played Through Glass as he had played the guitar in both of these songs. Just an incredible performance. So amazing when a whole crowd sings every word with such meaning. I just cant explain to you how amazing Stone Sour are and how amazing Corey Taylor is. He went from such an emotional performance to making us do the stupidest dance to Idle Hands. So fucking funny watching him do it and then watching an entire crowd do it. He just completely changed the mood and it was amazing. He then robbed 2 hats from the crowd, a fluffy Russian kind of one for him and a sombrero for Shawn which was really wet Razz It was so funny. He really knows how to work a crowd. Then it was time to GET INSIDE! The energy and aggression of that song is incredible and so much fun to scream along with the crowd. I was just screaming every word of the set for over an hour. It was amazing and so good to go mental. The last song was of course 30/30-150 which was also a highlight to go crazy to. I can never ever give Stone Sour’s set justice because it was incredible. My favourite performance of the weekend, even over 36 Crazyfists. If you get the chance SEE THEM! It will blow your mind. I cant think of a better live show. The change of emotion and mood was amazing. To go from such an emotional performance to dancing, you’ll never see that. Corey is truly talented and I do like Slipknot, I really do but his heart is in Stone Sour and you can really see that. Just go see them seriously. Blew my mind for the 4th time. I really had forgotten how amazing they were.

We caught the last 40 mins of Aerosmith and got to hear I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing which was the main song I wanted to see. It was amazing Smile so happy they left it til the end. We walked back after the encore though as we were so cold and really about to die. So we got back, got changed and wrapped up warm in my pj’s and blanket. We went to bed pretty early as it was pissing it down and we just didn’t feel too great. God we got these chips from the burger van by the tent and because it was so muddy we couldn’t be bothered to go else where and half the things were just black. They were so burnt, I guess it was nearly midnight on the last day but they were so burnt. We were past caring though and just eat them. It was pretty entertaining at the time as we’d gone slightly mental from the cold.

Monday: After some actual sleep and realising we must be getting old and not able to keep up the pace we started packing up and hunting for free booze. We ended up with 3 crates of beer, we’d have took more but we just couldn’t carry anymore. We took everything but the tent and chairs to the car on our first trip, I was still wearing my pj’s and wellies because they were comfy and you just don’t give a shit on the Monday. We come back and the fucking tents were open and some girls near us said some chav lads had opened up the tents and gone through them. Wankers. If I’d seen the pieces of shit they wouldn’t be alive right now. They had even gone into the tent pockets and took out the tent bag to see if there was anything it them. What the fuck? It was a completely empty tent you dicks. But what got me is they opened mine and Haz and Dave’s but didn’t open the tent with chairs, beer and coke in. Dickheads. There are so many tents just left and open so you can easily look in but yet they had to open ours up. If someone’s left it zipped up they are most likely coming back for it you cunts. Go into the open ones. We managed to get a new tent pole for Bent Tent, a new tent bag, 2 more chairs for Dave and Steph, the Download programme and lanyard which cost £10 which someone had left because it was a tiny bit wet. Oh and we got a new nice umbrella. It’s always good to go hunting for the stuff people have left in the morning. You’ll find enough cider and beer and tents to last a year. So alas after the security constantly nagging us because you have to leave at 12pm and we didn’t leave til nearly 1pm we left home Sad it’s so sad to leave Donington and know it’ll be another year til I’m back in my favourite place on earth. I miss it so much and the weekend went so quick. Well done if you read all this because it’s fucking long Razz

Piccies Smile
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10572

Fixing Bent Tent
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10573

I'M HOOOOOOOMMMMMEEEE!
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10576-1

The wrist band pic:
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10578

Hats!
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10585

Corey hat <3
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10593

Doing the Lion King:
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10604

36 and HOWARD!
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10627

ACDC Stage:
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10636

Brock <3
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10654

XD I didn't actually do this on purpose
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10679

We're too cool (Sat)
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10687

General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10694

Beddy byes Razz
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10701

Sunday morning:
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10710

General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10723

General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10726

My Brocky baby <3
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10730

Harriet is pure dirt!
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10736

We made shade:
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10744

General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10746

It rained!
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10756

General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10758

Never wear flats XD
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10760

MY DOCS :O
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10770

Looking rough on Monday
General discussion thread - Page 35 SDC10776

Bye bye Download Sad
General discussion thread - Page 35 DSC00552-1

For all pics if anyone cares:
https://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff256/Miss_K_Bent/Download%2010/?start=0
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:38 am

HOWARD. AND. BROCK.

Oh. My. Science. <333333333333333

And wristbands. O.O *eeps*

Looks kinda like docs are the ideal festival shoe. XD Poor Haz. XD
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:52 am

It sounds like the most amazing experience ever aside from the rain. Razz Looting looks like fun Wink I'm so glad you had fun sis Glomp
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:58 am

Brock and Howard were definatley a highlight Very Happy I'm taking all my wristbands off this week I think because they're just too battered now.

XD I did tell her about not wearing flats. Her feet turned brown because the mud went through XD I'm too scared to look at my doc's still though.

And sis, you cant imagine the things people leave Razz It's brilliant Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:37 am

Sooooo jealous! I'm happy you had so much fun, Kellie <3 It's gonna be hard to beat while you're here.. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

General discussion thread
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next