The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Interview Topic

Go down 
+20
nightfalls
Diny
xut0piax
Lady Draconian
bellatrix
BigBossWTF
WTrocker
magnoly
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Amairwyn
Frozen
LeiaLeFey
Fork Ninja
ice-queen
KellieBent
Onno
NeonFishnets
Deceiver-Of-Fools
themetalinme
Ktsunami
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
Interview Topic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Interview Topic - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Interview Topic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Interview Topic - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Interview Topic - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 8:31 am

I can't remember whether or not this has already been posted. I don't think so though.

Metal-Ways: How do you feel about the soon to come release of the Black Symphony DVD?

Robert: I’m very proud of it, and it doesn’t happen very often. I know that, at least for fans, it will be amazing. I think they will enjoy it a lot. I think that the special thing with this DVD is the concert because it’s recorded in such a high quality and it was such an experience! Besides, there is quite a nice interview with the band, from a Dutch television channel. We never had it on a DVD before, so it’s really nice.

M-W: In which way were you involved in the editing and the producing process?

Robert:They make the first mix and then we go through the whole thing and we say: “Can you take a shot from this, can you take a shot from that…” This is how it works. The better the people are, the less you have to do.

M-W: In a previous interview, you said that the band really likes acoustic performances, and that it is one of the reasons for the Theater Tour. Are there other reasons?

You know, we got the offer to do it. Then, I also checked with another band that was playing in a theater. What’s so nice about the theater is that it’s very intimate, much more than a club show, even if it’s a club show for 300 people. If everybody sits, everybody sees everything perfectly. It’s very much about the music. That’s a very exciting thing.

M-W: But do you really think that people are going to remain seated? Because WT fans are clearly not used to stay still!

Yes, I think they will. Well, I hope that in the end they will stand up. That would be cool. You know, it’s a different show. I mean we are also going to play electric. It’s not going to be full acoustic. We’re going to play songs differently.

M-W: Are there going to be surprises on this tour? For instance special guests or very old songs?

Yes, there are going to be some songs we haven’t played a lot, and also some songs which you wouldn’t expect so much to be played acoustically. And show wise, I think there will be a few surprises.

M-W: Could you give me a hint?

We’re going to try to make it a very magical show…

M-W: In a French interview, I read that you were going to use this acoustic concept to make another DVD. Can you tell me more about it?

No, we won’t. There’s no plan for that. At this point, we’re just going to record it for ourselves.

M-W: This year, you supported Iron Maiden on a few gigs. Their tour was called Somewhere Back In Time, and they performed very old songs. Is it a thing that you would like to do with Within Temptation somewhere along the line?

I think we need at least five more albums to do something like that.

M-W: You said many times that the French audience was really nice. So do you think that one day there will be a Live in Paris DVD?

Live in Paris sounds very nice. That’s great, that’s like Live in Tokyo. Absolutely, maybe if we do more Black Symphony concerts with the orchestra in other countries…

M-W: Is this something you’re working on?

Yes, we are working on it. We don’t know if it’s possible but we’re going to try to do it [still talking about Black Symphony concerts in other countries].

M-W: In Rock en France, you did an interview where you said that you hadn’t any new material yet. But do you know in which direction you want to work?

Yes, it’s probably going to be kind of a concept, but it’s so early still that nothing is really sure yet. But we’re trying to look in that direction.

M-W: Will it still be less metal than before?

We never felt that we sounded less metal. I even think that the last album is the heaviest record we made. So for us, that’s never a discussion. It has to do with the music which comes out of you. We are always experimenting more to ourselves, although I don’t think we make such big changes. We have to surprise ourselves (in a good way of course). That’s for us the most important thing.

M-W: In Rock en France, you opened for Metallica. The French Mets fans were not that respectful to you. How did you manage to keep smiling and trying?

To be honest, I hardly see them. I’m so into the show… I don't really have problems with it. And it’s also the other way around: if there are people supporting us, among them there will be people looking completely bored at the other bands. That happens as well. It’s fine…

M-W: Over the past eight years, you only missed two editions of the Appelpop. What’s so special about this festival?

I don’t know. It also surprises me that we played here so much and I think that it’s also because our schedule is often free at the beginning of September because we have no tour and the festival period is over. So it’s again the last festival we’re going to play this year. Another strange thing is that it’s always great. Every year you think that maybe Appelpop is going to be boring, but it never is.

M-W: What would be for you the best thing about being a part of Within Temptation?

The best thing is that you can make your music. The creative part of the whole thing is, for me, absolutely the best thing.
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
Frozen
Deceiver Of Fools
Deceiver Of Fools
Frozen

Female
Number of posts : 2119
Favorite WT song : The Howling
Bless :
Interview Topic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Interview Topic - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Interview Topic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Interview Topic - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:21 am

thanks for the interview andy it was a nice read
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Number of posts : 2876
Favorite WT song : The Promise and All I Need
Bless :
Interview Topic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue157 / 200157 / 200Interview Topic - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Interview Topic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Interview Topic - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 3:55 pm

Thanks for posting that, Andy!

I just ordered a collection of magazine clippings. I'll try to scan and post as soon as they get here.
Back to top Go down
http://leialefey.deviantart.com/
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :
Interview Topic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Interview Topic - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 5:03 pm

Awesome. Very Happy Can't wait to read. What a Face
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Interview Topic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Interview Topic - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 6:01 pm

Dont know if anyone has got it and read it but Within Temptation are in Alternative magazine. Interview with Ruud and Robert. It's the August/Sept issue. First time I brought that magazine because I saw Within Temptation it it Smile

Anyways I'll scan if anyone wants Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Number of posts : 5150
Favorite WT song : Utopia, Stand My Ground
Bless :
Interview Topic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200Interview Topic - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:49 pm

Thanks for the interview Andy Very Happy it was great

Kellie i didn't know that! I would love to see it
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Within-Temptation96
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
Interview Topic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Interview Topic - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 11:21 pm

Ok I'll scan it tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Number of posts : 5150
Favorite WT song : Utopia, Stand My Ground
Bless :
Interview Topic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200Interview Topic - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 11:39 pm

Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Within-Temptation96
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 11:54 pm

Smile Decided I'd scan it today.

Sorry it's a little wonky and has a bit extra. The printer was refusing to scan because it wasnt shut properly Neutral

https://2img.net/h/i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff256/Miss_K_Bent/WTalt.jpg

Enjoy Smile It's not much but it's the WT guys Razz
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Deceiver Of Fools
Deceiver Of Fools
Frozen

Female
Bless :
Interview Topic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Interview Topic - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:00 am

i like that download festival pic but i cant find it anywhere no fair thanks for the scan though
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:02 am

Smile I know I like that pic. Theres a bit about Download in there too with another little pic. I'll scan the page now.
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Deceiver Of Fools
Deceiver Of Fools
Frozen

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:06 am

okay
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:14 am

Back to top Go down
Frozen
Deceiver Of Fools
Deceiver Of Fools
Frozen

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:16 am

cool thanks kellie
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:18 am

Smile Thats ok, just wished they had actually mentioned WT's preformance or something about WT. But theres a pic Smile
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Deceiver Of Fools
Deceiver Of Fools
Frozen

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:20 am

yeah thats there
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :

Curse :
Interview Topic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Interview Topic - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 3:52 am

Quote :
M-W: In Rock en France, you opened for Metallica. The French Mets fans were not that respectful to you. How did you manage to keep smiling and trying?

To be honest, I hardly see them. I’m so into the show… I don't really have problems with it. And it’s also the other way around: if there are people supporting us, among them there will be people looking completely bored at the other bands. That happens as well. It’s fine…

How can it be possible to like something as CRAP as Nu-Metallica and not like something as wonderful as WT? The world is crap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 4:52 am

^*agrees in a super way*

Thanks for the scans, Kellie Very Happy Love love love.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 4:03 pm

Thats ok Smile

Neutral Cant believe they were disrespectful to WT. You'd think the male metalheads would aleast like Sharon even if they dont like the music. Even if you dont like the support band theres no need to be disrespectful. Neutral They didnt get bottled did they? Sad
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Number of posts : 2876
Favorite WT song : The Promise and All I Need
Bless :
Interview Topic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue157 / 200157 / 200Interview Topic - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Interview Topic - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Interview Topic - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 7:53 pm

KellieBent wrote:
Smile Decided I'd scan it today.

Sorry it's a little wonky and has a bit extra. The printer was refusing to scan because it wasnt shut properly Neutral

https://2img.net/h/i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff256/Miss_K_Bent/WTalt.jpg

Enjoy Smile It's not much but it's the WT guys Razz

Boys Boys they make me laugh.
Back to top Go down
http://leialefey.deviantart.com/
Frozen
Deceiver Of Fools
Deceiver Of Fools
Frozen

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 3:32 pm

Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 4:16 pm

So do I Smile I love those pics so much.
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 7:28 pm

I wish I could read it. xD If it were spoken word, I'd be able to. *pouts*

::EDIT::
Translation by Puk2 on the Official Forum:

Quote :
During gigs all the brakes are released by Sharon den Adel (34) from the band Within Temptation. But this podium beast has another life besides the band. With a ‘bonus card’ (it’s a card you can get from a Dutch super market) on her bunch of keys, two cats, a boyfriend and a child.

On stage
Sharon: “Friends sometimes call it a transformation when they see me during a performance. I can understand people being amazed, cause privately I tend not to be too much in the light, I keep myself more in the background. But on stage I show another side of me. A side that I really need to express. On stage I’m an extreme version of myself. I dress differently and feelings wise I can let myself go a lot more. But I still stay the same person. I don’t do anything to get the adrenaline going, it just happens when I go on stage. All the locks open and all the brakes release! I have different faces. Everybody has, but sometimes you don’t get to see them. I remember that we played at Lowlands in 2000. My former boss – I was still working in the fashion – was watching us and he was totally shocked. That I was so different, he just couldn’t get over it.

I’ve never been a real entertainer, and I think I’ll never really be. Shooting videoclips: a disaster! I don’t like it to be pretty in front of the camera and do these dance moves. But I’m always happy with the result. Don’t get me wrong, I think my job is the most beautiful thing there is, but the attention is not really my thing. When I haven’t played for a while, I’m not really looking forward to it. I can still be so nervous before a show. I can hardly eat. But it’s actually a double standard, because on the other hand I’m really looking forward to going back on stage. I like the interaction with the audience. I like to look at people in front of me, because it gets me more into the music. It’s especially the feeling before a show I’m not looking forward to. All the eyes are focused on me. The band, especially my boyfriend Robert (guitar player Within Temptation, red.) supports me, and after the first song I’m not nervous anymore. But people have great expectations, and these expectations become bigger now more people get to know us. And that sometimes scares me. ‘Can I give everybody what I want?’ is what I think. That’s why I found it refreshing going to America, where only a small group knew us. I had the feeling that the Americans were more overwhelmed than the people in Europe.

I’m a real perfectionist. After a gig, if something went wrong, I can be really pissed off, and go on about it for hours. On the other hand, when the show went well, you can compare me to a bouncing ball. Then I’m so full of it, that in order to calm down I really need some wine.

Until recently we never went partying till the early hours of the morning. I was always very conscience about my voice, it is after all my instrument, but I'm getting more relaxed about that now. I still make sure we don't go on stage the next day with a hangover, but nowadays we go on for a bit after the show. We’re actually getting more rock-‘n-roll!”

Home
Sharon: Sometimes old acquaintances come up to me and go really surprised “Do you have a child?”. I never really was a typical mother. But Luna is 2 and an half now, and an huge enrichment in my life. A life that has changed 100% when she was born. Now it’s not all about me, there’s somebody depending on me. A beautiful idea. It’s no problem for me to combine a life as an artist and motherhood. Yes, I have to go out early to take her to the crèche, but if it was very late that evening, I’ll just go back to bed after that. I cook, I do the shopping, I have two cats: I have a normal life at home.

I really can enjoy spending an evening on the couch, watching National Geographic, or cuddling down somewhere with a good book. Bourgeois sounds so negative, but yes, we do everything what other families do as well. I’m happy that we have these normal things in our lives, like bringing your child to the crèche. It keeps your feet on the ground.

Robert and I tour a lot, sometimes Luna stays with our family, but sometimes she comes along. Because of that she’s becoming a real rock-‘n-roll baby. Recently she made this little ‘metal-hand’, with her fingers in the air, you know? Robert showed her that for fun.

When we’re not on stage I wear casual clothes and almost no make-up. People tell me that I look different in ‘real life’. Or, what is really funny, people ask me if I’m Anniko van Santen! (Dutch presenter) ‘You have a familiar face, are you Anniko van Santen? No? Family then?’ I already heard that since I was 18.

Robert and I are already 15 years together and we also work that long together. That’s not always easy to combine. We have our relationship and our work and we want to keep that separate. But that’s not possible. So when we have free time, we don’t spend that together. I meet up with friends or go away alone. That’s something I can really enjoy. This year I started playing tennis, which I really enjoy. It’s also good for your relationship. If you see each other too much, you’ve got nothing to tell. We both live the same things. If I went out for a dinner with friends, or he, then we have something to talk about. And then it strikes me again how good he is in telling things. We didn’t do that for a long time, but at a certain moment we noticed how important that is. Premières or other red-carpet parties is not really our thing, then you’re in these spotlights again. I don’t feel the need to be in the spotlights. In our free time we don’t go that much to the other band members either. I know them all so well and I know that they’ll always be there for me. But it’s the same as with your family: you love them, but you don’t have to see them all the time. I spend so much time with them, that I’m happy when we’re done with ‘working’. I’ll only take Robert home!"

So she CAN cook! xD

Last edited by NeonFishnets on Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Number of posts : 1885
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 8:14 pm

Frozen wrote:
http://allthememories.org/albums/Scans/Magazine%20Scans/Vriendin/290420082.jpg
http://allthememories.org/albums/Scans/Magazine%20Scans/Vriendin/290420083.jpg
wish i knew what this said
Translation is on the 2nd post of this topic Wink

Edit: I mean 3rd, lol.

Last edited by Onno on Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Deceiver Of Fools
Deceiver Of Fools
Frozen

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 8:18 pm

thanks onno
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Interview Topic
Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next