The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Interview Topic

Go down 
+20
nightfalls
Diny
xut0piax
Lady Draconian
bellatrix
BigBossWTF
WTrocker
magnoly
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Amairwyn
Frozen
LeiaLeFey
Fork Ninja
ice-queen
KellieBent
Onno
NeonFishnets
Deceiver-Of-Fools
themetalinme
Ktsunami
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
Interview Topic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Interview Topic - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Interview Topic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Interview Topic - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Interview Topic - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 8:40 pm

Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Number of posts : 1885
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
Interview Topic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Interview Topic - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Interview Topic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Interview Topic - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 10:03 pm

Thanks! Pretty interesting. Too bad her face looks a bit like she's got a sunburn. I'd never seen the 2007 ones either.
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 10:22 pm

I noticed that too Sad She still looks stunning though, of course Razz

2010 for the new album...I'm not sure I can wait that long xD Though, I guess I'd rather have an amazing quality album later than a not-so-great album sooner. Not that any WT album wouldn't be awesome. xD
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Interview Topic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Interview Topic - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 11:11 pm

I love that interview Smile awww she's still stunning with sunburn.

Sharon said epic Smile thats made me happy for some reason. I need to watch Braveheart!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Frozen
Deceiver Of Fools
Deceiver Of Fools
Frozen

Female
Number of posts : 2119
Favorite WT song : The Howling
Bless :
Interview Topic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Interview Topic - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 3:01 pm

she sure is Very Happy

Last edited by Frozen on Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
Interview Topic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Interview Topic - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Interview Topic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Interview Topic - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 5:56 pm

Can anyone rip those faceculture interviews?? I have the old one from Robert (it's on the ME DVD) but I want the others as well!
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 8:15 pm

Orbit Downloader is your friend. I could upload them, but that would take a lot of time in uploading and downloading... one video is for instance 27 MB.

Oh silly me, I just found out there are 5 Dutch 2008 interviews as well Razz Yay for Sharon liking Frozen and The Promise from BS! And I didn't know the red BS dress was symbolic for WT's history. ^^
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
Interview Topic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Interview Topic - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 8:35 pm

Oh wow Smile Didnt know the red dress was symbolic. What does it symbolise?
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 8:38 pm

Well, she says, because two times she strips down some part of the dress, and the phases stand for her style through history (from big dresses to more modern ones) Also she said about it: "I could almost join the army with it! A non-existing army, that is."
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 8:42 pm

Lawls. That makes me laugh. Very Happy And it's awesome, 'cause that's one of my favorite dresses. <3
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 3:02 pm

Oh wow I love the dress more now Razz Thanks Onno Smile

haha I want to join Sharon's army!
Back to top Go down
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Number of posts : 5150
Favorite WT song : Utopia, Stand My Ground
Bless :
Interview Topic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200Interview Topic - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 3:15 pm

That's awsome! Very Happy

It'd be well cool if Sharon had an army Razz i would join
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Within-Temptation96
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 4:03 pm

Army of sheep, eh? Razz I think we'd all be there xD
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 7:21 pm

So I picked up the magazine MindView at my record store today, and it features a small interview with Sharon. These are maybe some interesting quotes:

"We see this show [= Black Symphony] as a review of everything we learned and liked in the past twelve years. For example the pyro-effects from 2001, which we updated a bit."

"We wanted to do something with Anneke for a long time. But it just never came to it. Also, the media tried to play us off against each other at the time because we were in the same position, which led onto an unnatural tension between us. Even though, in retrospect, we have always liked each other very much. It also works very well, our voices match great. She really adds something to the song."

About the theatre tour: "We're going semi-acoustic and acoustic and may do some songs in full as well, so you have a nice balance in the song order. Like starting really big or really small."

About the new album: "We're going back to explore our boundary. We've been doing big things lately, now we want to choose the direct way. Of course there will be some orchestral parts, because that bombast is just WT. But we will be showing our other side again."

Last edited by Onno on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :

Curse :
Interview Topic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Interview Topic - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 9:14 pm

Tension between Sharon and Anneke? Really? But they're so different!!
I wish they would stop talking about the new album and just make it already Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 2:47 am

Smile There some really interesting quotes. Thanks Onno Smile
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 9:16 pm

Sorry for the double post Neutral

Quote :
Translation of the interview with Sharon in HET; Home Entertainment Today.

Zilveren Harp (Silver Harp), Edisons, TMF Awards, MTV Awards, 3FM Awards, platinum CDs.. Sharon den Adel’s and Within Temptation’s list of honors is long and impressive. In the meantime America has also got to know the success band’s symphonic metal. Recently the Dutch band launched a concert recording with the Metropole Orchestra, which even surprised Den Adel: “It is as if I really relive some songs, fantastic!”

Within Temptation’s voice.

It takes some doing to explain your music to an orchestra, being a rock musician. As the average rock musician plays his music intuitive, an orchestra needs notes on paper to know what he has to play and when he has to play. Yet the symphonic metal band and the Metropole Orchestra had found each other wonderfully well. The result is a great sounding concert recording Black Symphony, published on CD, DVD and Blu-ray. We spoke with Sharon den Adel, the Dutch success band’s singer.

How was it, as an intuitive musician, to explain your music to note readers?
“We come from different worlds, of course, so for a moment we had to find each other. We enlisted a couple of arrangers’ services and they have written out our music. Of course we could have done it by ourselves, but that would have cost us too much time. At the first rehearsal I was surprised, it sounded so dynamic already. The Metropole Orchestra has experience with pop bands and rock bands, that could be heard. The concert itself was absolutely awesome. A song like Frozen is one of our biggest successes, but it has never been one of my personal favorites. Up till that evening with the Metropole Orchestra. I really relived that song that evening, fantastic!”

Did your heavy music with orchestra become suddenly more understandable for your parents and family?
“I never had a reason to complain, because my parents like Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath, so they could follow it pretty good already..”

What does music mean to you?
“It is a way to express myself, to convert my emotions, a way to communicate. I have written much music together with Martijn Spierenburg and the lyrics with Robert (Westerholt, guitarist and boyfriend, red.) , so I am closely involved in the creating process.”

You have had five drummers already, that is quite a few! Are you hard on drummers or is it the other way around?
“We think those drummers are hard on us, of course, haha. Ah, in the music world it is sometimes said that drummers tend to be very social but also a little bit crazy. On the other side, don’t forget the bass players. They are also typical. Really those ‘I play the bass types’ (imitates Andre van Duin’s voice he’s a Dutch comedian) while guitarists and singers like to be prominent. Put them together and they will be a handful. You need a manual for everybody!”

With Within Temptation you have seen a lot of the world. Which country has impressed you the most?
“Our trip to Ukraine very much impressed me. A country we know so little about. As if their history doesn’t exist in our history books. While it is a beautiful country that has been through a lot. We were welcomed with open arms, we learned all sorts of things about the history and we were allowed to plant a tree in the name of peace. That felt very warm and special. All of that because we came there to bring our music. Then I feel really privileged that I can do this.”

How was America?
“We have been there twice for a period of three weeks. America is a great country, especially for rock music, but at first they had to get used to me a little. They are more used to men that sing in the heavy scene. Then, suddenly, they see me standing there. Well guys, I said, you are a bit behind. We have been used to that in Europe for quite some time now. But to really conquer America, it’s such a big country, then you have to go there for a longer period of time, for one year minimum. We have already done some great things there, like a show in House of Blues, I think we left a good impression there. That American Dream, oh well, you shouldn’t only focus on America. It’s more important to have fun making music. The rest will come automatically.”

What’s the most beautiful compliment you have ever had on your singing or music?
“When people tell me that our music or my voice has moved them, that they got goosebumps. Yeah, I think that is the most beautiful compliment..”

How and where do you prefer listening to music?
“When I really want to enjoy music, I turn on the stereo and pump up the volume. We have an old Grundig Fine Arts stereo set. It was a special edition then, it still sounds great! When I want some background music while drinking wine, I turn the stereo down to a relaxed volume. When I really want to know how a CD sounds and how it is recorded I put on my headphones.”

What is, according to you, the solution to illegal music downloads?
“There stood a fan in front of my house lately, with a CD in his hands. If I wanted to sign it. I do that more often, so I took it. Then I saw it was an illegal copy, downloaded from the Internet. That, I won’t do, I said to the fan. And yet he was offended. He told me he went to my concert and that the ticket had already cost money. He thought that, as result, he had the right having my music on a CD, free. Including my autograph. What a train of thought is that? Fortunately I hear more and more reports that something is being done about it, that judges tackle both providers and users and fine them. However, the real decisiveness must come from the government. They must establish a law that obliges providers to cooperate. Then the illegal downloading of music and movies will be over soon. As a matter of fact it is a mystery to me why the government delays this so long.”

Are you often online yourself?
“I think approximately two hours a day for sure. I e-mail a lot and I visit sites like YouTube for music videos and Nu.nl to keep up with the news.”

Do you also text massage often, besides e-mailing?
“I have offered resistance for quite some time, in my opinion it took too long to make and send a message. For this reason I preferred e-mailing, but my new iPhone has convinced me. I even start to get a little addicted to texting.”

Could you live without your cell phone for one week?
“Oh yes, very well. Then it’s nicely quiet, no worries. Oh well, that’s not entirely true. Recently I got my iPhone. My old mobile phone microphone was broken, so I couldn’t call or be called. For a moment it didn’t bother me. Very relaxed, but because of that I got all the messages via e-mail. Ouch, that were quite a few. So, if go underground without a phone for a week, it’s better to not check my e-mail!”

Translation from Mitsy on the Offical Forum
http://community.within-temptation.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=4620&start=540&S=6e00041175492776cb0857d848e65594
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 9:40 pm

I like what she said about Ukrain, it's true we don't hear much from countries like those... And I knew she was a YouTube lurker. Razz
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 12:29 am

^Of course she is Razz

*must get an iPhone* But I feel the same way about my cell phone. I could easily go a week without it.
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Number of posts : 2876
Favorite WT song : The Promise and All I Need
Bless :
Interview Topic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue157 / 200157 / 200Interview Topic - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 1:05 am

I can't go without mine. Razz Wonder what music is on her iphone?
Back to top Go down
http://leialefey.deviantart.com/
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 2:38 am

Bohemian Rhapsody Razz
Back to top Go down
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
Interview Topic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200Interview Topic - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 4:13 am

So it's legal to go to Sharon's door?
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 7:36 pm

I was surprised about that too. I didn't even know fans knew her adress. Maybe it's translated wrong, it could also have been a hotel or something like that.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 8:06 pm

I cant believe they would go to her door with an illegal copy. It's not even £10 to buy the CD so I cant really see how they could be an actual fan who is worthy of meeting Sharon. What cheek seriously.
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Number of posts : 2876
Favorite WT song : The Promise and All I Need
Bless :
Interview Topic - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue157 / 200157 / 200Interview Topic - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 11:33 pm

Onno wrote:
I was surprised about that too. I didn't even know fans knew her adress. Maybe it's translated wrong, it could also have been a hotel or something like that.

I've heard some fans knew how to find it but that is what I heard from some other dutch fans I know.
Back to top Go down
http://leialefey.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview Topic   Interview Topic - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Interview Topic
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next