The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

General discussion thread

Go down 
+19
xut0piax
rosetounge
donttearmedown
Onno
LeiaLeFey
FallenHalos
Lady Draconian
BigBossWTF
Lady Halliwell
Alyna
magnoly
ice-queen
Fork Ninja
NeonFishnets
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Ktsunami
KellieBent
Sweet Sorrow
WTrocker
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 22 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200General discussion thread - Page 22 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
General discussion thread - Page 22 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200General discussion thread - Page 22 Right_bar_bleue

General discussion thread - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:04 am

Basil's feeling better, guys!!!!!!!

Thank you so much! Glomp

YES! Join us <3
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
Number of posts : 4931
Favorite WT song : All I Need
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 22 Left_bar_bleue75 / 20075 / 200General discussion thread - Page 22 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
General discussion thread - Page 22 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200General discussion thread - Page 22 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 1:41 pm

ROAD-TRIP!!! XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bigbossms
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Number of posts : 1885
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 22 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200General discussion thread - Page 22 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 2:25 pm

Yesterday Delain show Smile This is a report for Kellie and others who are interested Razz

It was great, even though it was the fourth time for me to see them. When we arrived at the church at 19:20, doors were already open, even though it said 19:30. So we got like 7th or 8th row or something. We had to catch the trains so we hoped it'd start soon, but it didn't start until 21:05 or so. Then a new intro started playing, and after a while Sander came onstage and began to drum. Then the rest of the band came on and they started playing Go Away. It took me a minute or two to realize that it wasn't Invidia this time Razz Charlotte was wearing black corset, skirt and boots.

(April Rain, Invidia, Sever)

After Sever, Ronald announced it would be his last show. There was a lot of cheering and clapping and a big sign on the first row. I think he became a bit emotional. Then they played Stay Forever and Charlotte came back, having switched her skirt for trousers, and added black gloves.
After Stay Forever, Charlotte briefly mentioned the video, but announced that they had been working on a new single (I knew that Suggestive wink ) which we were going to hear for the first time. "Some of you might recognize this" And I did! I had forgotten it was called Smalltown Boy (or Tell Me Why, I don't know for sure which version they actually covered). That was awesome!

(See Me In Shadow, Nothing Left, Sleepwalkers Dream, Frozen)

Then, when The Gathering started, we heard Marco's voice Smile And he came onstage at the chorus. A little odd to see him without a bass. I think he didn't know what to do himself either. I think he hadn't drunk yet - much. Razz They added an extro chorus to the end, which is cool, because The Gathering always seems so short.
After that Charlotte left and Ronald announced A Day For Ghosts, a while later I saw Floor coming onstage! She looked and sounded fantastic, really doing justice to the song. Marco came back to do the choruses, but I didn't really bother to be honest Razz
Then, during a chat from Floor and Marco to the audience, a piano was dragged onstage. They announced to play a song that was first played two years aga in Broerenkerk, and I was really hoping it was Start Swimming. Sadly it was Cordell. Charlotte came back all dressed in white: boots, skirt, corset, and HOOD! Razz She ditched the hood for the next song, Come Closer! Beautifully done.
The piano was taken away again and Shattered was announced! Finally I heard that song live. The people in front of me didn't seem to like it that much. And I must say that it loses some of its magic live, but still great. Then they announced the last song, Sillhouette of a Dancer.

For the encore, Ronald came on stage first and thanked us again. And Virtue and Vice began. Charlotte had exchanged the skirt for trousers again. After the song she asked if we wanted more Marco, and of course, so we got Control The Storm. The real last song was naturally Pristine.

Too bad we had to leave immediately after Pristine, but it was a fantastic night! (OMS I made this story too long Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 22 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200General discussion thread - Page 22 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 5:44 pm

*bounces* Glomp Thank you so much Onno Smile you even put what she was wearing Smile Thank you.

Oh it sounds so amazing. It really does and you got to hear Shattered Very Happy I'm glad you had a good time.

Razz I was just watching Control The Storm and thought Marco looked lost without his bass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 22 Left_bar_bleue75 / 20075 / 200General discussion thread - Page 22 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 8:49 pm

That's pretty cool, Onno! Very Happy Awesome how this is like your 4th time seeing them live...lucky, but good for you. tongue
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:57 am

Sounds like you had a glorious time, Onno <3 Thank you so much for posting about it!!!
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 22 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200General discussion thread - Page 22 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 3:57 am

I wrote you an essay Razz enjoy. Sorry if it's so jumbled I'm so excited still.

So I got the the venue at like 11am and no one was there. My Dad didn’t want to leave me either because around was a shithole. Anyway he went and then after 5 minutes a lad from one of the bands came and I got chatting to him. Still cant remember which band he was from Razz Then about 5 minutes later this couple came walking up with some drunk who was giving them directions, really badly. I got chatting to them and then they rang a taxi to take the to the nearest pub. I don’t think they wanted to leave me with this drunk so they asked if I wanted to go with them and so I did. They bought me 2 drinks bless them Razz and paid for the taxi there and back. They were so lovely, the bloke was 50 and the woman was older and they’d came all the way from Wales. So by the time I get in the queue it’s 1:45pm and I’m not there long til Sam came Very Happy It was so amazing to meet you Sam <3 thanks for putting up with me Razz

The other bands were alright, Markize were pretty good. Well we found out Delain would be at the merch at 6pm but we waited 40 minutes and they never turned up Sad So we went back to get our front row spots. I was expecting a barrier but there was none we just just right up against the stage. After they seemed to spend forever setting up and me scaring their managed by smiling at him A LOT Razz I think he’s names Rik, he’s WT’s ex manager. And I was desperately trying not to look at the setlist. It was finally time for DELAIN! And we were excited, really fucking excited. It was just so amazing and Charlotte was wearing the corset from Stay Forever and the leather skirt <3 she was so fucking sexy. We had Rob infront of us a lot, like so close his hair hit me Razz and I smiled at him a lot and he smiled at me a lot. When they played Frozen I just screamed ‘Thank You’ at them like 4 times. I don’t think any of them stopped smiling the whole way through, honestly they looked so happy to be there. And the crowd just screamed at them. Nothing Left sounded different just singing it and Control The Storm but she is amazing. Ronald didn’t do a whole load of singing Sad He was probably feeling too sad about it being his last gig. The Gathering was amazing too everyone was jumping <3 and when they played Silhoutte of a Dancer I thought it really was their last song. But we screamed so much for them, seriously, plus they had an encore written anyway. But we screamed so fucking much. Well when they left after Silhoutte of A Dancer I held my hands on my heart and told Ronald not to leave and I’d miss him and he did the same back to me Very Happy I made loads of eye contact with them all, Rob was just infront of us, Ronald came over a few times and looked at me. Martijn smiled at me and winked at me because he cant take his hands off the keyboard Razz Sander stuck his tounge out at me XD and I made eye contact with Charlotte quite a few times. Charlotte seemed so overwhelmed by the English welcome she was all giggly and shy bless and said she felt all warm and fuzzy inside. She just seemed so happy Very Happy

Where am I Razz Yes they came back on for Virtue and Vice and Pristine but before Pristine Charlotte said she didn’t want us to stop cheering because she didn’t want to leave Very Happy and I kept telling them not to leave and telling Sander and he kept pulling a sad face to me Razz So when they finished I asked Rob if I could have the setlist because I thought he’d give it me as I was smiling at him all night and he said in a minute. Then he got it for me Very Happy And I out my hands on my chest and said ‘Thank you’ and he did the same back to me. Then Sander, Rob and Ronald came and grabbed our hands and I thanked them all and told Ronald I’d miss him and he said he’d miss me too Razz

Then I managed to get a free poster and postcards because they were promo things Very Happy and then Sam had to leave Sad and I waited for my Dad. I got chatting to these girls who were waiting for them outside the van and this bloke from a band told us he’d ask them to come out. My dad showed up at like 22:45pm and I ased him to wait a few minutes. I then thought well I’ll ask if they are in the bar and I asked the blokes on the door and they said yes and they let me back in Very Happy So I saw Sander and went up to him and he was telling me how he’d never been in England and asked me where I was from and told me they are going sight seeing tomorrow Smile and I got a picture with him. Then I went and thanked Rob a billion times for my setlist and said I’d miss him when he’s not there in December. And he told me Charlotte should be out soon. Then I saw Martijn and he actually turned round to talk to me when I said his name and I got 2 pictures with him because he wanted to make sure. Apparently they are releasing their CD’s here in January and he was telling me all about how you have to conquer countries with Roadrunner. And I thanked him for coming and he was thanking me. My dad then rang me and I was like I’ll be a minute. Then I saw Charlotte walking down the stairs and I barged my way over there to be the first to talk to her <3 and I got a picture with her and had my hand round her waist and hips <3 I hope she didn’t notice me stare at her boobs xD and I thanked her for playing Frozen and told her I could never explain how much it meant to me and she thanked me Very Happy and then I asked Rob if he knew where Ronald was and he pointed him out and so I went over and got a picture and told him how much I’d miss him and good luck and he said he’d miss me and to go see his new band which will be revealed on Delains website Razz and then I had to go Sad I like hugged Rob so much and Charlotte 3 times. I was probably some huge fangirl though because I thanked them all like 3 times and told them it meant the world to me that they played here. Ronald said I was shaking too and asked if I was cold xD No just fucking extatic.

Luckily my Dad didn’t mind waiting xD and I did thank him too like a billion times. And the blokes who let me back in Very Happy

I didn’t say much about the gig did I? Well we were really really close to them and they played Invidia, Stay Forever which was amazing, Go Away, The Gathering, Sever, Frozen which I managed not to cry through Razz Nothing Left which is Charlotte’s favourite apparently, April Rain which also means the world to me, Sleepwalkers Dream, Control The Storm, Silhoutte of A Dancer. Then the encore was Virtue and Vice and Pristine. I like Pristine a hell of a lot more live. It’s a shame its at the end of the album really I don’t listen to it enough. Charlotte’s voice is incredible live. I was just blown away and she has such stage prescence. And the guys are so much fun. Rob and Ronald were so full of energy. And Martijn is all mysterious and covered with smoke but he is amazing. Just an incredible band live. I was begging them not to leave Razz My god they are amazing, I cant even explain. And with such a tiny intimate venue it was so much better. I think Delain are as happy as me right now Very Happy they got such an amazing audience.

And to top it all off I got to meet Sam. Thanks again for putting up with my excitement and making the whole day even better. It was so much fun. You are amazing <3 I hope your pictures came out better than mine, there was way too much smoke and light at the start.
Back to top Go down
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 4:22 am

LOL, awesome story Kellie! I'm so happy for you! Very Happy I bet Charlotte (sorry if I misspell her name cause I don't really know these guys but) and the rest of the guys are probably thankful and proud to have such a huge fan like yourself who really loves and appreciates them the way you do. I'm sure that not only did Delain make your day, but that you, as well as other's, made their day as well. So sincerely, congrats and glad you enjoyed such a beautiful and memorable moment today. Make this an everlasting and memorable experience. Sleepy sheep
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 12:39 pm

OMS Kellie Razz I'm so glad your report was longer than mine. Razz Sounds like you've been so lucky all day. You've got to talk to all of them. Smile Was Ronald really emotional? Surely you would have noticed if you were so close. Did you get any new merchandise? I can't wait to see your pics.
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Number of posts : 11505
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 22 Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200General discussion thread - Page 22 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 12:41 pm

Omg, Kellie O_O So uber jealous. Sooo....gah.

I'm so happy you had such an amazing time!!! Super glomp
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 2:40 pm

Onno wrote:
OMS Kellie Razz I'm so glad your report was longer than mine. Razz Sounds like you've been so lucky all day. You've got to talk to all of them. Smile Was Ronald really emotional? Surely you would have noticed if you were so close. Did you get any new merchandise? I can't wait to see your pics.

Thanks Onno Glomp and thanks for telling Delain to come visit me Razz Yeah I wrote a proper essay didn't I. Sorry about that. Yeah Ronald looked really emotional, I thought he was going to cry when they left after Silhoutte of a Dancer. And when they took their bow they all looked upset and Martijn hugged Charlotte. And I told him not to leave and that I'd miss him Razz They all looked quite emotional at the end. Plus they had such a great audience reaction.

I was going to get a hoody but they only had Large or extra large so thats not really worth buying. I wish they'd make their girly shirt with the band picture on. I have pics with them in the Show Yourself thread Razz but the band pictures I need to go through and do something too because they are so smokey.
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
magnoly

Female
Number of posts : 4031
Favorite WT song : The Promise
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 22 Left_bar_bleue43 / 20043 / 200General discussion thread - Page 22 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 6:40 pm

It was such a pleasure to read this all, Kellie. Though I am jealous to be honest. Wink But still I'm also happy for you that you had such an amazing time and that you met Delain! It's really so great!!!
Back to top Go down
http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com/index.htm
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Number of posts : 5150
Favorite WT song : Utopia, Stand My Ground
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 22 Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200General discussion thread - Page 22 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 6:50 pm

Kellie I think you've basically said it all Razz they were amazing and I'd never forget it Very Happy It was brilliant meeting you too and you're amazing! I've had a look at my pictures and they didn't come out too bad, some are a bit blurry but at least I have some Very Happy I can't believe you got to meet them! I wanted to but Michael's dad wanted to go Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Within-Temptation96
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 7:44 pm

^ Snug Sad I wish you could have met them too. I felt gutted that you weren't there with me I really did. After we spent 40 minutes waiting for them at the merch Razz and I harassed them on Twitter. The gig was amazing though wasn't it Smile and we were desperatley trying not to look at the setlist. Glomp It was so lovely to meet you though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 22 Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200General discussion thread - Page 22 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 7:48 pm

Ah well just my luck Razz maybe next time. It was, it was utterly brilliant Very Happy Yeah, trying not to was quite hard. It was really nice to meet you too Hug
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 7:51 pm

^ Sad Definatley next time! It's just a shame they didn't come to the merch stand. I should have asked them about that. I just wanted to see if Frozen was on it Razz I cant even explain what seeing that live did to me. I feel so much happier because of it.

Glomp We are gonna have to meet again at a gig Smile it was so much fun.
Back to top Go down
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 7:58 pm

I know! After all that time. And it was Razz I love that they played that it's one of my favourite songs of the old album Very Happy I bet!

Yeah definately Hug
Back to top Go down
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 9:47 pm

Oh wow, you were there too Sam!? Fuckin wicked awesome! Very Happy
You should post some pics too, and show us. In that case, I'm also glad and happy you went and had fun! Thumbs Up Pretty cool that both you and Kellie met up then...nice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 12:59 am

I uploaded my photos to Delain International. They aren't brilliant and I tried to edit the exposure because they were so smokey at the start. But some are ok Smile I really need to invest in a decent digital camera.

http://delaininternational.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=7429865
Back to top Go down
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 1:30 am

Your pics look fuckin cool either way, and great shots btw! Thumbs Up
And you look great in the pics Kellie! Wink

In the other hand, I also went and bought myself a fuckin cool ass badass looking Kodak digital camera with 10 MP. It has all these fuckin tite ass features! And it was only $130 (plus $30 more on a 4GB Memory chip and a case) which is actually pretty good for all the shit it has, great quality, and something with HD, it's pretty slim, so it's very portable pocket-sized, it doesn't require AA batteries; you can just charge it up, and it LOOKS fuckin sick!!! So I finally get to say FUCK YOU to my old piece of shit 3.0 MP Vivitar (seriously, who the fuck's heard of Vivitar!?)camera with horrible resolution! So yeah...WOO! w00t w00t w00t
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 1:45 am

Thanks Rob <3 Glomp

$130 is pretty good. Happy you got a new camera it sounds so good Smile You can get loads of pictures for us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 22 Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200General discussion thread - Page 22 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 3:13 am

I have a crappy camera that is like four years old and never worked right...thus I do not actually have a camera.

NICE PICTURES, KELLIE<3
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 3:21 am

I pick bad cameras. Honestly I need to not get a Samsung ever again. They take forever to take the picture, they blur it, they take forever to let you take another picture. My old camera, I mean if I had a decent camera my Nightwish pictures at Bloodstock would have been amazing. But no that camera was awful. This one isn't much better. I wish I had taken my SLR but I had no where to put it and my Dad would kill me.

Thanks Amy Glomp
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 4:48 pm

ALWAYS TEST IT AT THE STORE, GUYS!!!!!

I don't even own a little camera.. Mine all have detachable lenses and are never allowed into venues.
'Cept for WT <333333

So! I got a mouse yesterday. Except -I- didn't really get him, my mom rescued him from my three very vicious dogs. She didn't know what to do with him afterward, so Dave was like, "Doesn't Andy want something like this?"

So they bought him a little habitat and tons of bedding and he's limping on one leg and was pretty shaken last night still, but he seems to be okay this morning. And he goes to bed around the same time I do!

I decided not to name him until I know he's gonna survive for a while, because if I name something, I'm attached Razz
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 6:04 pm

Those pictures make me want to cough just by looking at them. Razz Some of them sill turned out nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

General discussion thread
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next