The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

General discussion thread

Go down 
+19
xut0piax
rosetounge
donttearmedown
Onno
LeiaLeFey
FallenHalos
Lady Draconian
BigBossWTF
Lady Halliwell
Alyna
magnoly
ice-queen
Fork Ninja
NeonFishnets
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Ktsunami
KellieBent
Sweet Sorrow
WTrocker
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
FallenHalos
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
FallenHalos

Female
Number of posts : 6906
Favorite WT song : Our Farewell, Towards the End, Utopia, Caged
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 40 Left_bar_bleue64 / 20064 / 200General discussion thread - Page 40 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
General discussion thread - Page 40 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200General discussion thread - Page 40 Right_bar_bleue

General discussion thread - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:01 am

^ Workout plan - Kanye West?
XD XD XD XD
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Number of posts : 1885
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 40 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200General discussion thread - Page 40 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
General discussion thread - Page 40 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200General discussion thread - Page 40 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Stop congratulating me, it was nothing, really. I wish everyone would have it so good as I have, living in the Netherlands and all... I feel really bad because I know some of you actually have real problems which I know nothing about. It feels like the least I can do is not ask for any sympathy myself... So, just continue about the rest please.

I'm sorry Rei that your mother didn't take it as well. I think the best you can do is try to forget her opinion for a while, she might change her mind in time...

Last edited by Onno on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Number of posts : 11505
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 40 Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200General discussion thread - Page 40 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 3:22 pm

Rei, at least you did it Hug Just think, she could have disowned you Razz

Andy! PHYSICAL BY OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN!
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 8166
Favorite WT song : Pale, Caged, Lost, Forgiven
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 40 Left_bar_bleue90 / 20090 / 200General discussion thread - Page 40 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 3:42 pm

I'd just like to say Rei, I came out to my mom a week ago and she was fine then yesterday over the phone she went made at me. She's saying it's a phase and how can I know. I've been with guys and to be honest I see now.. yeah it's just not working for me. I see within myself I don't have any desires that irk me to be with men. I told her so and now she's blaming her failed marriage to my dad and blaming herself LIKE IT'S SOMETHING TERRIBLE. I cried the whole night after that. I expected my dad to act all horrible but he's being the most supportive of both my parents. I don't understand. My mom also recommends I go see a councillor now. I'm mortified.

I don't understand what's wrong with my mom, she has gay and lesbian friends even one of her uncle's was gay and is now transgender but still with his/her boyfriend. It's confusing, fine I'll call him a she. It's hard because we call him Auntie Brian Razz I don't understand if she's fine with that why is she trying to convince me against who I am?

Anyways I'll stop raging now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musesofmetal.com
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 40 Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200General discussion thread - Page 40 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 4:46 pm

Don't feel bad, Onno, I haven't gotten any crap yet either. My best friend at university loves me more because I'm gay. My best friend from home claims to have known for four years. Basically all my other good friends weren't shocked or anything...The worst response I've gotten was "are you really? You're making this up..." And only because I'm known for being sarcastic and making things up...I have another friend who isn't going to believe it. I think I did a good job convincing her I wanted to be with a Finnish man Laughing Gotta tell her before it becomes relatively common knowledge...not fair to let a good friend hear it from another person. My mom actually took it a lot better than I expected...I told her on Saturday, and it was like really good. I'm so happy Surprised I feel...free...
Back to top Go down
FallenHalos
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
FallenHalos

Female
Number of posts : 6906
Favorite WT song : Our Farewell, Towards the End, Utopia, Caged
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 40 Left_bar_bleue64 / 20064 / 200General discussion thread - Page 40 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:35 pm

XD All this coming out is making me one to go downstairs and shout that I like fucking girls XD
Too bad I would be disowned lol!
Back to top Go down
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
Number of posts : 4931
Favorite WT song : All I Need
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 40 Left_bar_bleue75 / 20075 / 200General discussion thread - Page 40 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 2:05 am

Well what do you know, congratulations to all you girls (and Onno ;P) for coming out and telling your parents/friends. Group Hug Hopefully this is easier on you all and you feel a lot more comfortable and proud with yourself and who you are. Very Happy I'm very happy for you all, really! :`)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bigbossms
SoulLily
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
SoulLily

Female
Number of posts : 1513
Favorite WT song : The Cross, THOE, A Demon's Fate, ITMOTN
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 40 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200General discussion thread - Page 40 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 3:54 am

Lady Draconian wrote:
I told her so and now she's blaming her failed marriage to my dad and blaming herself LIKE IT'S SOMETHING TERRIBLE.
I get that too... Really wish I could make her understand that my gayness is not anyone's "fault", and is in fact not a fault at all. But of course she won't have it.

Anyway, thank you all very much for the support/encouragement! You guys are great, and so brave for coming out yourselves. Snug
Back to top Go down
http://soullily.deviantart.com
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 40 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200General discussion thread - Page 40 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
General discussion thread - Page 40 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200General discussion thread - Page 40 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 4:04 am

So! Guys, in case you hadn't really noticed, I haven't been around much lately. I'm in a play with a major role so I've been at rehearsal pretty much every waking moment that I'm not in class. I just got home about a half an hour ago actually. That's about 12 hours at school a day for the next two weeks.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm not dying and there's no other tragic event going on, I'm just...busy. Really, really busy.

Love you all. <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 40 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200General discussion thread - Page 40 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:30 pm

I'm still, hoping I can win the lottery and come see it Razz Good luck with it all though Mooi <3 someone should sneakily film it for us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Defender
Forsaken
Forsaken
Defender

Female
Number of posts : 971
Favorite WT song : Somewhere Stand My Ground Sinead Iron Our Farewell
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:35 am

Meeting a celeb this day next week
Back to top Go down
http://ryanslilttleangel.tumblr.com/
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 40 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200General discussion thread - Page 40 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 8:40 pm

So I'd like to share some good news with you all. On the 6th January til the 10th Amy is coming to stay with me Very Happy I seriously cant wait. I'm so excited. So expect millions of pictures. I cant believe it's finally happening Smile I think finding this forum is the best thing that ever happened to me.
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 40 Left_bar_bleue90 / 20090 / 200General discussion thread - Page 40 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 8:53 pm

That's so amazing! I'm happy and excited for the both of you!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 40 Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200General discussion thread - Page 40 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Thanks Kellie Razz Glomp

My part of that awesome news: I'm going to turn 21 in 28 days, and on that day, I'm flying to England to see Kellie. Then come Monday, I'm flying to Norway where I will be studying abraod for the semester.
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :

Curse :
General discussion thread - Page 40 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200General discussion thread - Page 40 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 3:16 am

Right so! I finally saw ITM last night.

Ryan and I got to Recher at 6:15, and stood out in the cold for twenty minutes with like ten other (heavily smoking) people before the staff took pity and let everyone in. Which was actually pretty nice since the doors weren't supposed to open until 7.

As usual, I walked at an unforgivable pace up to the barrier. Ryan's friend Anwar showed up about 15 minutes before the first band came on and stood with us.

Now, I'd heard Epic Harvest before. They're local, and I had picked up their first EP somewhere back in August. I really like it. However, they did not play anything I knew. They were very crammed on stage, being that there were drum kits all over the fucking place. A few people started yelling for Rules of Bushido, but no such luck. I also had no such luck in successfully photographing them. \:

Onset was next, formerly Stranger Inside. Who are also local. They've been featured on Noise In the Basement a few times, so I know a few of their songs off the top of my head. They played a medley though, that start with Aerosmith went into AC/DC then in Rage Against the Machine which everyone sang along to, and then into Carol of the Bells (Christmas Eve Sarajevo, for TSO fans). I do in fact have pictures of Onset though.

General discussion thread - Page 40 156859_1723992067955_1482974759_1839221_1345064_n

NOW. Taking Dawn. <3 I'd never listened to them before, and they came out and were just ridiculously attractive. They fucking rocked it. Then, after an amazing set, for their last song, their singer, Alex (who happens to be a total sweetheart despite his handjob jokes), tells us he's coming out. And fuck, he came out, he takes a running start from the back of the stage, clears the barrier and starts running around with his guitar.

General discussion thread - Page 40 72000_1723996788073_1482974759_1839250_1449335_n

General discussion thread - Page 40 154814_1724000588168_1482974759_1839274_4953128_n

In This Moment's set list was something like:
1. Just Drive
2. Blazin
3. Iron Army
4. Beautiful Tragedy
5. Intro from The Dream
6. Standing Alone (which Maria told us was how she felt right then, and not to be mean...it showed she wasn't in a good mood)
7. The Promise
*insanely long drum solo*
8. Prayers
9. Forever
10. The Gun Show
11. Daddy's Falling Angel (customary Maria in crowd, with circle pit)

Some highlights, it was so loud I couldn't hear myself screaming the words and afterward my throat felt raw hamburger meat. When they played The Promise and Adrian came out he got right my face and sang a few times. <3 My brother was in his first pit during Daddy's Falling Angel. He also caught a pick at the end, which he dropped.

General discussion thread - Page 40 163432_1724008708371_1482974759_1839328_6946773_n

General discussion thread - Page 40 63396_1724008948377_1482974759_1839329_5557065_n

General discussion thread - Page 40 74601_1724009268385_1482974759_1839330_7652783_n

So, we didn't stay for Nonpoint, because I don't like them at all. on the way out we bought a Taking Dawn CD. And bam, outside the front door is Alex. Alex sees my brother with the cd, stops him, opens the CD, and signs it in one fluid motion. Then takes pictures with us and talks to me for a while and gives me a hug. As we're leaving he yells to add him on facebook. So, I'm very enthused about that.
General discussion thread - Page 40 150549_1724023388738_1482974759_1839408_3666892_n
Why is he so damn cute?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 8:09 pm

I can see Maria's knickers Razz I'm so jealous! It's sounds amazing. I'm so happy you got to see them Smile
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:32 am

Sorry for DP.

If anyone wants to know what I got up to this week away on residential then I hope you can get through this essay Razz Plus if anything sounds weird it's because I wrote it for Tumblr first. Oh and the pictures aren't of me, I got them off the internet.

Monday.

Well I got to our building pretty earlier but most people were already there anyway. When I saw how big Lee’s suitcase was I didn’t feel as bad for over packing mine. We had to sort our own shopping lists out and then write our group one. My day does get more exciting I promise Razz We must have looked a right sight getting our shopping in at Asda, all these teenagers with full up trolleys. We had so much food, we seemed to be at the till for ages and the woman was asking where on earth we were going with all this food. The mini bus journey was fun like last time, us all singing along to cheesy songs and having a laugh. We got to our cabin which is called Owl’s Nest and it has loads of owl things around. It’s a Brownies and Guide’s place I think. They have loads of their old annuals there. We all had the same beds again so I got in the room that has 4 beds and the bathroom.

I think we went out orienteering again after we unpacked. Yeah we did, my memory is so bad. But we just chilled in the chapel, which is just some logs set up and a cross made of two twigs. Then we went out and did this pod challenge and I was a leader Smile We had a plastic pod which was our survival pod and we had to go and find things in the wood which would help us survive. So like put a twig in to use for fire, more symbolic really. We found a glow stick and plastic bags to use for waterproofs and I put a feather in for a brush or to clean with and charcoal for eyeliner Razz I think my group may have won that challenge. Then it was time for my team to cook. We did chicken fajitas and made our own salsa too. It took ages and it was so bloody stressful because people kept wanting the food. I burnt Stevie’s plain chicken as well and Lisa’s (our leader) veggie fajitas. But we got it all out and got everyone fed. Some people decided to be greedy bastards though so there wasn’t enough to go round and by the time me and Lee sat down there wasn’t much chicken left. Ashley P loved our salsa though Smile I was so glad we cooked the first day because cooking for 17 people is stressful I tell you now.

Then we split into groups to choose our 2 week project. Our two week project is doing something for the community, the one we ended up choosing is revamping a children’s playground at an infant school for kids from low income families. Our group had something called the Pathway Project to present to the group and it was again revamping a children’s play area but in a safe house for women and children who have suffered domestic abuse. We didn’t end up choosing that one though because someone in our group actually lived at the place for quite a while and they can’t deal with going back there, which we all completely understand. But we all had a project to present to the group and then we had to decide which one we wanted to all do. It stirred up a lot of emotions for people though and there was a lot of crying. Then someone told Lisa someone had been in their bag and we had some huge crisis and all had to discuss what to do and see if anyone would admit to it. We all had to go out to Lisa and tell her if we had or hadn’t opened the bag. No one admitted to it but nothing had actually been taken and she thinks it’s a prank that went wrong. Anyway it’s all forgotten and I personally trust everyone on the course.

So after all the drama we went on a treasure hunt in 2 teams. We had to find 6 pods but our team only found 1. We were rubbish. It took us all ages as well. Our ‘treasure’ was fake money, notes on what we had to do like be up round the table for quarter to 8 and then some equipment like balloons and string. We had to have the equipment on us at all times or Lisa would rob it and we had the money because we had to pay Lisa for each activity and then negotiate how much we’d get back for completing it and in what time. We all got fined a lot Tuesday for swearing but that cut down a lot during the week. Our curfew for bed was 1am and we didn’t get back in til 12:30am so we didn’t have much free time.

Aimme ended up swapping beds with a girl because she didn’t want to sleep in the big room. This girl ended up staying up pissing around 40 minutes after curfew and then kept talking and texting whilst we were trying to sleep. We had Lisa banging on the wall and I said to Stevie there is no way I’m getting in trouble for her talking. And so this led to things kicking off in the morning.

Tuesday.

I was in the bathroom Tuesday morning and heard Lisa outside but I got in the shower anyway. She started screaming at me and hammering on the door much to my entertainment. I was just giggling away and I told her I was only gonna be a few minutes. I got out to a very zombified Lisa not looking very happy haha. Then we had a meeting round the table and Lisa asked us to write down on a post it note how we all slept. So we wrote about the girl keeping us awake and most other people in the other room wrote it too. Even the boys on the other side of the room. So she started kicking off at Lisa and as I’ve said before Lisa is scary when she gets angry. She sent her to the kitchen with Graham and was still kicking off so Lisa said that was it, pack her bags and she’s been kicked off the course completely. It’s stupid, we’re not in school people should not be so rude to Lisa.

So this was our team building day and it was pretty boring. Really boring. This bloke, Richard came to instruct us and he was really boring and stingy with the money. He got out the van, and before even saying hello he fell over on the decking xD like went flying so we all burst out laughing. God, what can I say about our team building activities. Well it was freezing outside and my ears killed that day, I thought I was going to die. We had some shitty activities like all being blindfolded and turning a circle of rope into a square. That one wasn’t bad actually. But we had one where we all held the rope and had to make a knot. Just boring. And like a hexagon made with pole and poles in the middle and we had to move 4 to make a triangle. Just boring. I led the activity where we all had to stand on a mat and then we had to turn it all the way over while all stood on it. The only fun activity was where we had 3 parachutes and we had to launch a ball to all three parachutes and then we had to launch it into the net at the end. Took us a while to get the hang of it but we did pretty well. It was loads of fun.

The other activities were balancing on metal beams and all trying to get round the beam and no one can fall off. They were funny actually because if one person fell another 7 would. We had this one where there were 3 metal beams and it was kind of like skiing, we had to pull the beams with us on quite a long way. It took ages until we came up with the idea of balancing on one and dragging them and people kept quitting because we all felt cold and ill.

I can’t remember what else we did then, must have done something when we went in because we got in pretty early. Probably our review because we have to review everything. We do good points, development points (we’re not allowed bad points) and then special mentions to people who have done well. It’s a very good thing to do. Our tea that day was a chicken curry which was very nice, we had naan bread and popadoms too Smile and for pudding we had a chocolate cheese cake with marshmallows. I hate cheese and cheesecake but it didn’t taste of cheese at all and Lexi cut me a massive piece with like 6 marshmellows. Gotta love her for that one. Oh that’s what I did, wash my hair. Nothing exciting, that’s what happened in the gap. After tea we did a thing called In My Dreams and we had to write what our dream things would be like dream job, house, drink, car and all that. I said I’d live with Catherine Deneuve (when she was younger but I’m sure you know how much I love her) and of course no one knows who she is. I said I’d be friends with David Bowie too and some people didn’t know who he was. WHAT THE FUCK! WHO HASN’T HEARD OF DAVID BOWIE. Deary me. Oh and the girls were fighting over Johnny Depp. Lexi wasn’t sharing him Razz Graham, who is Lisa’s boss and who came on his first residential with us wants to be a playboy which has given us much entertainment because he’s like 50/60. He wants to be a playboy xD oh dear. Funny stuff. We did have a laugh and a few surprises at peoples answers but it’s very interesting to find out things about each other. I have to say I love our group so so much. God I love them. Oh I washed up as well, I washed up every bloody day to be fair. But I was having such a laugh with Ashley P washing up. He’s hilarious and so cute. Not like attractive cute, just sweet. We do have a laugh, I always end up walking round with him and we make fun of each other a lot. Our bed time was 11pm and we were all cream crackered by then. I was glad not to have to go outside at night.

In the night though, about 12:30 am a lad had a diabetic fit which was really scary and we had the ambulance come and everything. Luckily they brought him back round and he didn’t have to go to hospital. We have had the most stressful residential apparently and Lisa has never had to go back to Tamworth so many times.

Wednesday.

This is the day it gets fun. Oh apart from the morning when two of the lads had a fight and that ruined our game in the morning. Yeah, we’ve had a lot of ups and downs this week.

Our first activity was meant to be tree climbing but for some reason we got there then got sent to archery. It was so much fun. I got red on my first arrow and split an arrow on my second. So everyone was calling me Maid Marrion Razz I probably did the best out of everyone even though Ashley P got bullseye that’s all he got. We then had a competition between 2 groups and we had to hit any colour to stay in the game. If you hit it you went to the Gates of Glory and if you missed you had to sit in the Shack Of Shame. Graham was on our team as well haha. We all ended up in the Shack of Shame much to my delight of telling everyone to get in there. Only one lad actually hit the colour so won the game. Then we played again and me and 4 other got to the Gates Of Glory but then we didn’t hit anything the second time round so there was no winner xD Oh we were rubbish. Oh I forgot we had a team game where we had to hit all the colours from white to red. We won but we only got to black because I got blue but not at the right time. It was so much fun though, mainly shouting at everyone to get to the Shack Of Shame.
We went off for lunch which my team was cooking, we had soup but we boiled it over and it went all over the hob Razz Yeah I don’t fare too well cooking for so many people. But we were eating all the nice bread.

Then it was time for tree climbing. The tree is HUGE! HUGE! We have to be harnessed in and everything. The lads were being all competitive trying to get up as quick as possible but I had a stroll up the tree and a sit down. When you get to the top you have to ring the bell but I couldn’t find it and it took me 2 minutes to find it Razz Lisa said it’s never taken anyone that long haha. Trust me to be slow. I had fun doing it though and it’s a really good view that high up. I loved it even if it was hard for us shorties to get ourselves up. Like I said the lads were competitive but Ashley P broke the record of 14 seconds because he got up there in 11.6 seconds. He was seriously fast. No idea how he managed it, took me ages. These boys Razz Oh it was fun. I loved it.
General discussion thread - Page 40 Wp0def10

Then we did crate stacking. One person is harnessed in and then the rest of the team stack up crates and you have to try and make the tallest tower for the person on the harness to stand on. Aimee went on first and got to 12. I went to the harness and got to 11 but it’s well scary. You feel so unstable and have nothing to hold on to. Lisa was laughing at me sticking my bum out. I fell off as well and Debs the instructor landed me back on the crates Razz I think I’ve developed a fear of heights this week. It was fun though swinging round. And then afterwards you get to cannon ball the crates to ruin it for the other team Razz Lexi went on for the other team and kept falling over and destroying their tower. It was hilarious and it meant we won with 12. Oh it was funny. I loved it. I loved everything Wednesday and Thursday.
General discussion thread - Page 40 Wpc5c610

We went back and did our review and I got a few special mentions mainly for cracking people up Razz but it’s so nice to be acknowledged for trying and for people liking you being around. I’ve never really had anyone acknowledge the good things I do, we always laugh when we fail.

After tea we had to make a bow tie or just any decoration for our special dinner Thursday. I made a big red bow with polka dots and glitter, I’ll post a pic later. Took me forever and a day to draw it. Because we were in Owl’s Nest a few people made owls Smile We also had to write an after dinner speech for Thursdays special dinner.

Thursday.

Right then. Our group was split in two so we’d have longer doing the activities. Our first activity was zip wiring. But we didn’t have anything to hold on to so it was pretty scary. I hate ladders and we had to climb up a ladder and then like a telephone pole to get to the platform. Pretty Ricky was our instructor, named so as lots of the girls had a crush on him. I got up the top and I have never said ‘Jesus’ and ‘Christ’ so much in my life. He kept telling me he wasn’t Jesus or Christ and he didn’t have sandals. The platform is tiny and scary and I got him to push me off the first time but I did jump myself the second time. I screamed a lot too Razz They could hear me from the other activity. Both the lads and Jody managed to flip themselves upside down. Lisa said she’d give us £1000 if we touched the tyre but Ricky said even he couldn’t. Lexi said she was going to take a running jump off the platform but she got up there and got him to push her off haha. Oh it was funny. Really scary but it was fun.
Oh then we did a low ropes course. It’s just like lots of different set ups of rope that you have to get over as a team of 3. It’s all about balancing and helping each other. I was with Lexi and Ashley P and Lisa said we were the only team doing it right. Then we had to do it as a group and Lisa made some of us blind and I was one of them so we had blind folds on. Some people couldn’t talk and some were given buckets of water to carry. If we fell of we set on fire and had to be put out with the buckets. Most of us got soaked xD It was a lot of fun. And our team did the best because we had excellent team work.

We had our lunch and then went to our next activity. It’s called Jacob’s Ladder and well I’ll put a picture in but it’s like a ladder with 6 gaps and the gaps are as tall as me. Jody and Ash went first but only Ash got to the top. Then it was me and Lexi. God I was so scared getting up there. It’s really hard to get up. You have to pull each other up but using each others ropes and harness and climbing on each others knees and feet. Every log we got to I kept saying I couldn’t go further and I was so scared. You feel so unstable but Lexi was the best partner I could have asked for. Every log she just told me to have a breather and we took it slow. She would just get me to stand up and then have a break and then get me on the next log sitting and then have a break and then we eventually got there. I was petrified. I didn’t even want to stand up on the last one but I did. Lexi was so supportive. The gaps are so big you have to jump and then swing your leg up and swing yourself up to sitting. It’s so hard. But Lexi she’s smaller than me and managed to drag me and push me up. On the last one she was like hanging on my leg humping it for a while, whilst I was lifting her up. It was fucking hilarious. I hope they got pictures. But we got to the top. I really was scared, I was near tears at one point. It kills your arms so much and it really is scary. But I’m so proud we got to the top and I’m so grateful of Lexi getting me there and waiting and encouraging me. Our whole aim of the week was team work and ours was the best. It was fun. It was I loved it afterwards. I got loads of special mentions for doing it too Razz and Graham gave me and Lexi a special mention for our team work.
General discussion thread - Page 40 48279110

General discussion thread - Page 40 Jl10

Then it was time for Go Karts. They were pedal Go Karts but it was still fun. I was on Lisa’s team and she’d gone and got silly string to spray in Graham’s teams faces and we cheated a lot by cutting the course. I was screaming all round that one too. We had loads of races and it was so fun.

We had our special tea which was a roast chicken dinner with Yorkshire puddings OH YEAH! I got 4! I love them so much. Well Lexi gave me some of hers Smile Lisa set up the table with folded napkins and everything, I’ll post a pic later. And we had to have our bows on. We had a cake for pudding and had to do our speeches. We all got very emotional and when Ashley P read his, he was crying so we all ended up crying and crying at a few other peoples ones as well. Then Graham’s speech was so lovely because he said he couldn’t have asked for a better team for his first residential and that we’re all like daffodils and we’re all blooming. God we were blubbering. Lisa was crying too and she said she’s never ever cried at after dinner speeches.

Then we played a game of hide and seek outside in the dark and the mist. Everything was freaking me out to be fair but it was funny. I hid up a tree and no one even came close to finding me Razz

Then our final challenge was to create a presentation of the high points of the week. We wrote a song to Summer Nights from Grease. It was something like.

‘Residential happened so fast,
Residential had me a blast
Met a boy called Ashy P
He could climb a bloody big tree
Met a girl called Stevie B
She got mistaken for a fallen tree
Tell me more, tell me more
We heard Charlie snore
Tell me more, tell me more
Richard slipped on the floor
Ooooh ha ha ha ha ha
Stewie spoke up and made a funny sound
Lee ran round
Slipped on the ground
Resi days, somethings begun
But oh those late nights’

And I can’t remember the rest. Well we didn’t have much as we only had half an hour to do it. Then because it was so good we got our Team Member jumpers which I love and need to get a picture of. I really did love my week. We had ups and downs but it was so much fun. I ache so much now my mom says I’m walking like the tin man haha. I love my team so much I get on with them all. I’ve pushed myself so much this week but it was all worth it.
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:06 pm

I read this via your tumblr!
It sounds really amazing aside from that noisy girl and the other niggly things Razz Glad she got sent packing!
Back to top Go down
Defender
Forsaken
Forsaken
Defender

Female
Number of posts : 971
Favorite WT song : Somewhere Stand My Ground Sinead Iron Our Farewell
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:16 am

I'm typing the 8th chapter of my fan fic and the song Somewhere has given me an idea and it's a weepie chapter
Back to top Go down
http://ryanslilttleangel.tumblr.com/
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:42 am

Hey! Hey party people!

AS you may or may not know, I am flying to London to visit Kellie on October 30 (landing the 31) for three weeks! Sooooooo I have some questions for errrybody!

ONE: I have a 9-hour stop in Toronto on the 30 from 9:45pm to 9:15am. I'm not sure what exactly I'll be doing in the meantime, so if anyone lives near Toronto and would like to meet up or something (I know it's kinda inconvenient timing), let me know! 'Cause I'm probably just gonna get a hotel room.
ONE-POINT-ONE: If no one's up for or close enough to meet up, is there something near the Toronto airport you could direct me to for a good time? XD

TWO: I'll be in England for THREE WEEKS, PEOPLE. So, all you beautiful English sheep, maybe Kellie and I could set up something to meet up with you. I think I know Tayla's going to the London WT gig, but if anyone else wants to do something, PM me or Kellie and we'll try to get it figured out! Very Happy

THREE: I have a FIFTEEN-HOUR stop in Frankfurt on my way back, so...same thing as Canada. If anyone wants to meet up, I'd be STOKED. Very Happy

That is all. Thank you, you beautiful human beings. <333
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
SoulLily
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
SoulLily

Female
Number of posts : 1513
Favorite WT song : The Cross, THOE, A Demon's Fate, ITMOTN
Bless :
General discussion thread - Page 40 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200General discussion thread - Page 40 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:39 pm

WHY DO WT THINGS HAPPEN IN TORONTO RIGHT AFTER I MOVE AWAY FROM IT? Not cool, universe!

I would've totally gone to meet you, but I'm away for school and won't be home that weekend... Law midterm on the 31st, actually... bleh. And unfortunately the most insight I have about the airport area is "I used to kind of pass that place on the way home from school". It's really not an exciting spot as far as I know; it's kind of in the middle of nowhere. :\ Sorry, dear!

This has been an unhelpful post. Whoops
Back to top Go down
http://soullily.deviantart.com
Lady Draconian
Converter
Converter
Lady Draconian

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 3:58 pm

OK! I need your help,, and would really appreciate just a few clicks of your mouse!
My site is having a referendum - if you will.
The topic is "Should we change our name?" Over the past few months I've realised how cheesy and derogatory our name could be perceived, and so my choice is to change the name BUT living in a democracy I'd love a public opinion. If it's a no vote majority then we'll keep the name, and if it's a yes vote majority then we'll change the name.
Sound ok? I hope so.
Anyways, the link ----> https://www.facebook.com/questions/273913589324031/?qa_ref=qd

Thankyou all so much! <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General discussion thread   General discussion thread - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

General discussion thread
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40