The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Other bands on WT/Sharon

Go down 
+12
Ktsunami
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
ice-queen
Deceiver-Of-Fools
magnoly
LeiaLeFey
NeonFishnets
Onno
Fork Ninja
Emmy
KellieBent
Lady Draconian
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 2:50 am

Only 2? Razz Awww just look at them they're too gorgeous. I wonder if they managed to bump into each other at Download. Why have I not thought of this before? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 3:17 am

OMG DEAR LORDS MY TWO FAVORITE SINGERS IN THE SAME ROOM<333333 IT HAS TO BE PHOTOSHOPPED!!!

WAIT HOLD ON SCREECH. I think I once said Tarja is not worthy of being in the same room as Sharon. SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF I LIKE TARJA OR NOT???
Back to top Go down
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Number of posts : 5150
Favorite WT song : Utopia, Stand My Ground
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 7:12 pm

That's a great interview Kellie Very Happy I love it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Within-Temptation96
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 10978
Favorite WT song : Candels
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptySun May 10, 2009 9:24 pm

Oh I love that interview.I`ve actually read it a few weeks ago.Hope that Sharon and Tarja were in the same room,I`d die for that Smile
And I Totally love Vibeke`s and Siomone`s comments from Onno`s post Very Happy

I think Magica(a romanian band) likes WT.I think of that because they`ve covered Ice Queen Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:13 pm

Excuse my double post but here's what Anette Olzon wrote about Sharon on her blog:

Quote :
Back from running...
...trip and now to the shower.. are gonna go to a stand-up comedy evening soon so need to hurry!

For you who havent heard or seen Sharon den Adel (who is soooo nice and talented), check this song out;=) And hey, she does something "non-metal"...good job, Sharon!! Sounds like an angel as always;=)

And she posted the video of "In And Out Of Love" Smile

OMS this made my day!! Fangirl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:25 pm

Wow Wide Eyed
That made my day too
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:25 am

OMFS! I just came here to post that Razz Anette is so sweet Smile as if I didn't love her enough already. And she says she sounds like an angel Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
Number of posts : 4931
Favorite WT song : All I Need
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue75 / 20075 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:21 am

XxfrozenbutterflyxX wrote:
Excuse my double post but here's what Anette Olzon wrote about Sharon on her blog:

Quote :
Back from running...
...trip and now to the shower.. are gonna go to a stand-up comedy evening soon so need to hurry!

For you who havent heard or seen Sharon den Adel (who is soooo nice and talented), check this song out;=) And hey, she does something "non-metal"...good job, Sharon!! Sounds like an angel as always;=)

And she posted the video of "In And Out Of Love" Smile

OMS this made my day!! Fangirl

Wow, that's so awesome! I've always liked Anette, but now I really love her and have respect for her because of what she said about Sharon! Anette is so nice and sweet, can't believe she said that! (She must be a Sharon/Within Temptation fan then, huh?)
Sharon and Anette should do a duet; now THAT would be fuckin amazing! Super Happy Dancing Fangirl

p.s. And yeah, that made my day as well! Dancing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bigbossms
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:17 am

^Anette is a WT fan,as far as I heared from an interview(or somewhere else?) Smile .But yes she is so kind,nice and sweet and I'd love to see a duet with Sharon Fangirl

Last edited by XxfrozenbutterflyxX on Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:27 am

Yeah, dear Nettie scored major points in my book too Razz
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Number of posts : 1885
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 11:33 am

Super Happy Anette said Sharon is so nice... does that mean they once met? Wide Eyed
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 11:55 am

I think they've met on ECHO awards last year.When Nightwish won the first place Laughing
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Number of posts : 1885
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:00 pm

Was Sharon there? I can't remember WT even being nominated...
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:08 pm

Honestly,I don't know,but they've might Wink
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:17 pm

I dont think WT were at the Echo awards. They could have met at some festival last year though I guess. Hmmm. I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:03 pm

XxfrozenbutterflyxX wrote:
I think they've met on ECHO awards last year.When Nightwish won the first place Laughing

I remember once at least last year Nw beat WT and I WAS SO MAD CUZ NW WITHOUT TARJA IS NOT BETTER THAN WT!! NOWAI, NOWAI, NOWAI. TARJA ISN'T EVEN BETTER THAN WT (obviously)

*rests her cases*
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 3:56 pm

Caps locked so it must be serious. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 3:20 pm

An old interview(2003) with Mark Jensen(from Epica): Smile
Quote :
I started working with Floor Jansen. she's a very good singer and she developed herself into a high quality singer. On the album Prison of Desire by After Forever. I also worked with Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation) for one song. She has a smoother voice than Floor has. More warm, also a very good singer who sings with passion. After this I worked with Helena Michaelsen, probably one of the best singers but not easy to work with.

Now I work with Simone Simons, I adored her voice from the first moment I heard her sing. She has a great colour in her voice. You can't work on it, you have it or not. She's the singer I prefer working with. She's still very young and willing to learn. She keeps on developing herself very quickly and we have to be careful that she stays in Epica because also musicals are always looking for singers like her!

Makes me fangirl over Mark even more now In Love
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:03 pm

He knows really that his favourite singer is Sharon Razz he just has to pretend it's Simone.
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 9:11 pm

Sharon's voice is warm. That's why I prefer it to trained voices like Floor or Tarja, it conveys more to me.
Back to top Go down
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue75 / 20075 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:52 pm

Deceiver-Of-Fools wrote:
Sharon's voice is warm. That's why I prefer it to trained voices like Floor or Tarja, it conveys more to me.

Yeah, I agree. I also love how Sharon is pretty much the only one who could play in so many different ranges with no problem, and could sing in so many different styles as well. Sharon's voice is truly unique and special. And the best thing about that is that she never had any actual vocal training, so she's naturally talented and gifted! In Love In Love In Love
Sharon rocks like no other! w00t
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 1:00 am

I think with trained and classical singers, or atleast with Tarja they seem to lack emotion in their voice because they have to sing in a certain way and get their technique across. So their voices are perfect but lacking emotion. Though Tarja was able to get emotion across by Century Child. Sharon though is able to just like sing from her heart and just you know, just sing I guess Razz rather than try and be perfect. I dont think I've ever heard another singer who can get such emotion across,

Yeah this probably belongs in the Sharon's voice thread.
Back to top Go down
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 1:37 am

^There we go, Kellie said it perfectly! Very Happy It's not always about technique, but about heart and passion! FUCK YEAH! Super glomp
Back to top Go down
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 1:59 am

That is kinda a diss to Floor.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:51 am

KellieBent wrote:
I think with trained and classical singers, or atleast with Tarja they seem to lack emotion in their voice because they have to sing in a certain way and get their technique across. So their voices are perfect but lacking emotion. Though Tarja was able to get emotion across by Century Child. Sharon though is able to just like sing from her heart and just you know, just sing I guess Razz rather than try and be perfect. I dont think I've ever heard another singer who can get such emotion across,

Yeah this probably belongs in the Sharon's voice thread.

Well Floor and Simone don't lack emotion at all.They use many diffrent singing techniques and stuff including classical style but they also have an emotional side of their voices.But I can't deny Tarja was the first who use emotion in her voice on Century Child Razz

And Yes this is totally off-topic Sorry

But anyway I preffer Sharon's voice over Floor,Simone and Tarja anyday,no doubt on that Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Other bands on WT/Sharon
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next