The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Other bands on WT/Sharon

Go down 
+12
Ktsunami
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
ice-queen
Deceiver-Of-Fools
magnoly
LeiaLeFey
NeonFishnets
Onno
Fork Ninja
Emmy
KellieBent
Lady Draconian
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:36 pm

^ You don't think AFF (as in the song) is emotion?
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:41 pm

In AFF the whole album theres a lot of emotion. I just dont think classical singers can get it across as much as Sharon can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:46 pm

Okay. It's just not fair to call Tarja not emotional since first of all she is and second of all she has a horde of crying fangirls so she obviously reached someone Wink
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:57 pm

I dont think she's not emotional, I love Tarja but she doesn't get it across as much as Sharon. But I dont think any other singer can.
Back to top Go down
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 5:04 pm

Well obviously Sharon is Sharon.

If Sharon wasn't Sharon, there would be no need to define Sharon in the first place.

Sharon= the best singer ever.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 10978
Favorite WT song : Candels
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 5:20 pm

Fork Ninja wrote:
^ You don't think AFF (as in the song) is emotion?
Yes there is emotion in Angels Fall First.But I rather find emotion in Tuomas's lyrics and the music rather than just Tarja's voice.My opinion.

KellieBent wrote:
In AFF the whole album theres a lot of emotion. I just dont think classical singers can get it across as much as Sharon can.
I completely agree.Even thought Sharon is not a classical trained singer,her voice is beautiful,crystal clear and she moves me more than any other singer does

I'm off-topic again*runs from the mods*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxfrozenbutterflyxX
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
Number of posts : 4931
Favorite WT song : All I Need
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue75 / 20075 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:29 pm

Alright peeps, look there's no need to get butt-hurt over something that's not worth fighting over. This is all based on personal, let me repeat that, PERSONAL opinion. First off, nobody is dissing anybody, alright! We all love Sharon, Tarja, Floor, and I don't know who else. All we're saying is that some singer are more technical than others, some are more emotional than others, and some are equally balanced. But like I said it's all based on opinion, so let's chillax for a little bit, and respect each other's opinions. No one's right and no one's wrong. 2nd, IMO, I believe Tarja is more technical with her singing, but she does have emotion as well, I just believe she's more technical than emotional. (Keep in mind that she does have emotion, and that I'm not trying to diss her or anything. That doesn't make her any less or more of a singer than anybody else.) Now I believe Sharon (IMO) is more emotional with her singing, but she does have technicality as well, I just believe she's more emotional than technical. (So also keep in mind, that she does have technique, and I'm not trying to diss on Sharon either. That also doesn't make her any less or more of a singer than anybody else.)
3rd, Sharon and Tarja rock in their own special way and they're both fuckin amazing because if they weren't, then they wouldn't have such a large fanbase.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I'm not trying to sound like a fuckin dick or anything, I'm just trying to make you girls see that everything's based on personal opinion, nobody is trying to diss any singer here, let's respect each other and our opinions, and so let's not make something small into a big deal. So there are two outcomes from my reply:

1)I just put more firewood into the fire, and I totally fucked up this whole situation, and now you all hate me because of that, and now you're going to ignore me. (And for the record, that was NOT my intention) Evil or Very Mad Hammer
OR
2)I was able to help and make you understand that this is all based on personal opinions, we love all those singers, and we all love and respect each other and our opinions. And now we can all just laugh about it and hug each other and be like a family! Thumbs Up Group Hug

So yeah... What a Face Whoops
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bigbossms
magnoly
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
magnoly

Female
Number of posts : 4031
Favorite WT song : The Promise
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue43 / 20043 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 6:40 pm

I was reading some Epica interviews and came across another short Simone's statement about WT.

Quote :
I even can say that I like Within Temptation songs. They are good, it’s
not the way they were before, but it’s really catchy, it cheers me up,
they have happy songs!
Back to top Go down
http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com/index.htm
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Number of posts : 11505
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 7:02 pm

Happy? o.O Alright. At least she didn't say they were horrible Razz
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 7:34 pm

magnoly wrote:
I was reading some Epica interviews and came across another short Simone's statement about WT.

Quote :
I even can say that I like Within Temptation songs. They are good, it’s
not the way they were before, but it’s really catchy, it cheers me up,
they have happy songs!

I actually expected that Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Icon_razz But she still has WT in her fave bands list so it's obvious she still likes it Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Icon_smile but I still don't get why she likes LC so much Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
rosetounge
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
rosetounge

Female
Number of posts : 169
Favorite WT song : Pale,The Last Time, Pearls of Light, Somewhere, Restles
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 9:11 pm

^^^
ummmmm......
happy?
maybe 1 or 2 but if she is talking about the lyrics some of them are quite dark.
(though i love them) <33
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxxxfallenonexxxX
HandOfSorrow
Restless
Restless
HandOfSorrow

Female
Number of posts : 1389
Favorite WT song : Hand Of Sorrow,The Promise, A Demon's Fate, ITMOTN
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 10:21 pm

In my magazine Simone talks about WT,too.
I'll translate it in English:

Quote :
WT is a very successfull dutch band that I really appreciate.They have very imaginative stage designs.They really deserve the success because of the hard work.

And I heard Amy Lee in an interview say that she thinks WT is very good and dramatic.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:05 pm

Anette chose Somewhere as her song of the day on her Blog

Quote :
Beautiful song of the day;=)

Here´s todays song with two beautiful and wonderful singers, Sharon and Anneke.

Not much but worth a mention I suppose Razz Plus I love that Anette loves Sharon Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Number of posts : 1885
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:08 pm

I love Anette's musical taste Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 10:33 pm

Aww,Anette does have a great taste indeed Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 213409 .I already knew taht but this is the 2nd WT song she added on her blog Very Happy and IAOL too Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:09 am

So I just saw this on Anette's blog and it made me squee.

Quote :
We went to different places in the evenings and one night we watched Within Temptation and Lacuna Coil and it was really good. I said hello to Sharon afterwards and that was our first meeting.

She was on about when Nightwish were in LA. The thought of my two favourite ladies meeting blows my mind <3333
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on WT/Sharon   Other bands on WT/Sharon - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Other bands on WT/Sharon
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4