The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

How You Found Within Temptation

Go down 
+41
Bad Girl Gone Worse
HandOfSorrow
donttearmedown
rosetounge
Lady Draconian
xut0piax
Diny
Mitsy
angedemon
nightfalls
LeiaLeFey
Dragana
Emmy
BigBossWTF
magnoly
WTrocker
Amairwyn
Alyna
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
teardrop101
FallenHalos
Frozen
Toatsies
KellieBent
Anna
Fork Ninja
WTforever
Ellen Metalhead
Funeral Freak
Scarygothgirl
themetalinme
The Swan Kyoko
ice-queen
rafi
NeonFishnets
cowluva
britrogue
PurpleFusions
Caz
Ktsunami
Deceiver-Of-Fools
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Number of posts : 1370
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue30 / 20030 / 200How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 9:42 pm

XxfrozenbutterflyxX wrote:
That`s awedsome!I try to convert my friends to WT but they don`t seem to like it much..they preffer that crappy pop stars like Britney Spears,Hannah Montana,or Katy Perry Pouty Tongue

My best friend has heard Angels, but I don't know if she likes it or not. She listens to a lot of pop, too, and stuff like Fall-out Boy. Neutral

As to how I found them, Our Farewell was on a Celtic music CD. Razz
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
The Ultimate Within Temptation Fan!!!
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 10978
Favorite WT song : Candels
Bless :
How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 9:49 pm

WT are avaible in celtic CDs,i never heared that.. Whoops
my BFF doesn`t even know who is WT...and i don`t want to try because she is very straight when is it about music,like she prefers pop music(happily she hates Hannah Montana,her favorite artists are romanian)my 2nd best friend knows about WT she already heared Ice Queen and The Howling and she said that she likes them,but still not her favorite tyoe of music(she likes pop,but not every kind,she preffers less commercial pop) Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :
How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue30 / 20030 / 200How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 9:53 pm

(They had one song on the Celtic Circle vol. one. So did NW. )

Yes, most people here like pop. I'm the only person I know who listens to WT. Razz
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :
How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue140 / 200140 / 200How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 9:58 pm

Me too.My bro and my dad also like them(my dad preffers aspecially sharon`s voice,not the music Razz )and my bro is dissperate with them
in rest i personally don`t know any other WT fan...
(sorry if i`m off-topic what NW songs did appear on that album?) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Sleeping Sun.

It was supposed to be a compilation CD of artists who have Celtic influences. WT and NW were the only metal bands on there.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 10:02 pm

WOW.and Yes Our farewell and Sleeping Sun really do have a celtic felling.But from WT i`ve chose Mother earth for that album..is more celtic for me Laughing
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 10:06 pm

I know, so would I. It's always seemed more Celtic. But maybe they wanted a ballad? Razz
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 10:08 pm

yeah,maybe.. Razz Sleeping Sun is also a ballad,even with that guitar riff on the end Smile
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Number of posts : 11505
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 10:46 pm

My friend kept playing Angels when I whent to her house, but i hated every minute of it, but finally i had the guts to look them up on YouTube and I fell in love with the music and Sharons voice In Love
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 10:52 pm

Awesome,Angels bring me beautiful memories Very Happy (LOL i used ANGELS and MEMORIES in the same phrase:P)
Back to top Go down
WTrocker
Shaggermuffin
Shaggermuffin
WTrocker

Female
Number of posts : 11505
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue100 / 200100 / 200How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 10:54 pm

lol you are crazy chistina xD
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 10:56 pm

yeah i am Super Happy
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
magnoly

Female
Number of posts : 4031
Favorite WT song : The Promise
Bless :
How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue43 / 20043 / 200How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 7:26 pm

Well, what comes to me... It was October 2005 when a friend of mine played me Bittersweet. I loved this song from the first seconds! Then I was introduced to Pale and Angels. And... I was hooked! And now I am fan til the end of time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com/index.htm
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 8:10 pm

^Nice story,Gosia,Bittersweet as a first song..awesome!Is it still one of your favorites? Wink
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
magnoly

Female
Number of posts : 4031
Favorite WT song : The Promise
Bless :
How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue43 / 20043 / 200How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 8:47 pm

^Well, yes it's very important one for me. So beautiful, so emotional.. And I still have a sentiment to that song, as it was the first one.. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com/index.htm
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 8:50 pm

^I really love it too..it`s such a sad and beautiful ballad Wink .I have that feeling with Angels as first song Razz
Back to top Go down
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
Number of posts : 4931
Favorite WT song : All I Need
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :
How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue75 / 20075 / 200How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 2:36 am

Well, I always like to tell my story because I found out about them totally by accident. It was October 28, 2008 and I was just on YouTube checking out Nightwish music videos (at that time, Nightwish was my favorite band). I was there for about a good hour or so, when I saw a title to the side that said "Angels", and I, thinking that it was some other Nightwish music video, clicked on it! So I'm there staring at the first video and I see the first 10 seconds and I was like "this is NOT Nightwish" so right when I was about to click the "BACK" button, something suddenly catches my ears' attention! I hear this totally angelic voice come from this woman's mouth. I listened to the first couple of lyrics, and I'm so stunned and taken aback from her totally amazing voice, that I'm left mouth wide-open just staring at the video, not being able to believe what my ears have just heard! I was in a state of hypnosis for just a couple of seconds, frozen, and it felt like time had just stopped (I swear to you that I'm not exaggerating or making this up; that's EXACTLY how I felt!). So, as you can probably picture it, I'm on my computer chair, face just inches away from my computer screen, with my eyes bulging out and my mouth just dropped wide open, and my ears just a few inches away from my speakers, LOL! So I'm listening to the rest of the song, right, and I keep thinking to myself "Holy Shit...what a voice...am I in Heaven...is this for real...holy shit...is she an angel or what...am I dead...is she even human...what the fuck...I think I'm in love...how come I never heard of them...holy shit...where the fuck have I been this whole time.." (I'm sorry, but I think I must have said "Holy Shit" about 20 times or so because I was so impressed) So after finally regaining back consciousness (LOL), THEN I realized that not only did this woman have an out-of-this-world voice, I realized how hot and pretty she was as well. She looked so stunning and beautiful...she literally looked like an angel! So the music video ended and I stayed for another minute, staring at my screen, with amazement! I had just witnessed something spectacular, and my eyes and ears still couldn't believe it! I think I was in shock or something! So from there on, I was so impressed with the singer and the rest of the members, that I IMMEDIATELY started doing some research on them: Who they were, where were they from, who are the members, what other music videos and songs do they have, are they known internationally, what's their background, do they tour, etc., etc., just wanting to know as much about them as possible. This whole "research" thingy lasted about two weeks. So, I finally knew who the members were: Sharon, Robert, Ruud, Jeroen, Martijn, and Stephen. From that day, I kept on going on to YouTube watching all of their music videos on a daily basis, about 3-5 times a day...EACH! I was so hooked on them! I got so hooked on to them that I immediately downloaded most of their songs in about a week, got over 500+ pictures of the band (mostly Sharon pics) in a 2-week period, and I made my YouTube channel page all related to Within Temptation (my bg, my playlist, my favorites, my headline, etc.) So after settling in for two weeks, I went to comment on almost all their videos and started to say how awesome they were, etc. and kept expanding my Within Temptation playlist and favorites. So yeah...there's my story! Thumbs Up

p.s. Sorry it was too long... :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bigbossms
Emmy
Sparkling Angel
Sparkling Angel
Emmy

Female
Number of posts : 473
Favorite WT song : The Promise, Faster & In The Middle Of The Night
Bless :
How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue70 / 20070 / 200How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 11:56 am

it all began in the summer of 2001. I was watching Wet&Wild on TMF and I saw Ice Queen (that cheap version) and I fell in love with that song, the day after I bought the album 'Mother Earth' and now i'm here, still loving WT Smile
Back to top Go down
http://bremer-photography.com
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 1:59 pm

@Roberto.I totally love your description,and how you managed to say all that beautiful words.You just gtan A+ from me Thumbs Up

@Emmy:2001?Wow,I guess you are the "oldest" WT fan on this board.I was only 5 in 2001 Laughing
Back to top Go down
BigBossWTF
Ice Queen
Ice Queen
BigBossWTF

Male
Number of posts : 4931
Favorite WT song : All I Need
The Howling
Utopia
Memories
Bless :
How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue75 / 20075 / 200How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 12:18 am

Snug Thanks a lot Cristina!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bigbossms

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 4:50 pm

I saw WT here in my country in 2001(Mother Earth), with my uncle, I was too young I didn't knew what was going on, but after 6 years I listened to THOE and wow it blew me away!!
I went to their second concert here in Mexico which I enjoyed very much.
And here I am....I try to survive with my music Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 5:26 pm

^2001?WT were in Mexico in 2001? Shocked You`re so lucky...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 10:22 pm

Amairwyn wrote:

Yes, most people here like pop. I'm the only person I know who listens to WT. Razz

Celtic Circle vol. one.
YAY! The songs were 'Our Farewell' and the other was 'Sleeping Sun'...I don't find Our farewell like a Celtic song though, Caged and Mother Earth are celtic I wonder why did they put that song instead of those songs?

I mean Our Farewell , it's a great song, but for me it's more like a ballad...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 10:28 pm

Amairwyn wrote:

Yes me too, and here in my street, people look at me bad just because I don't like shitty music (Salsa, Reggae, pop, etc)

I'm the only one here, in my street who listens to WT, I travelled 4 hours just to go to the concert here in Mexico (It's not so far like 1 hour, but a traffic jam caught me off guard)
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :
How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 10:06 pm

I like salsa and reggae. I love all kinds of music. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How You Found Within Temptation   How You Found Within Temptation - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

How You Found Within Temptation
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next