The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Comprable bands?

Go down 
+20
ice-queen
Amairwyn
Fork Ninja
Onno
Frozen
KellieBent
LeiaLeFey
AliyahDuilliath
Caz
NeonFishnets
Scarygothgirl
PurpleFusions
The Key
The Swan Kyoko
themetalinme
rafi
Franneke
Deceiver-Of-Fools
FallenHalos
Ktsunami
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Comprable bands? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 3:41 pm

Onno wrote:
^ The same as you two, my favs are also WT, Nightwish, Delain and the new AF era. But lately I haven't really got the time to discover new bands, because when I get to like to a band, I immediately become a full-time fan (collecting all the songs, catching up with every bit of news etc. Razz ) and my favourite bands/singers at the moment take up enough time. The only downside is that there aren't as many opportunities to go to a concert of a band I like this way.

Haha I do that too....but it never lasts long...except with a few select cases. Razz I consider the day a waste if I haven't heard a new artist. I'm addicted.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 5:15 pm

I suppose I do hear a lot of new music or different music because the only TV I watch is music channels Razz Which dont play any WT Sad Ok Scuzz will on the rare ocassion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 6:54 pm

I use teh internetz Razz
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 6:57 pm

I dont really bother trying to find any new music unless I see something interesting in Metal Hammer. I dont usually bother listening to the free CD either Razz which I should because thats how I found WT and NW. I should make it my new years resolution to find new bands Razz I'm making it my mission to watch loads of unsigned bands at Bloodstock to try and find something new.
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 8:29 pm

It's strange how much WT has shaped my music collection...I mean, there are the obvious connections like Delain and NW, but then I've also gotten into ethereal music like Artesia because of WT, and then people I know who I only talk to cause of WT give me other music that I wouldn't have heard otherwise. So yay.
Back to top Go down
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Number of posts : 5150
Favorite WT song : Utopia, Stand My Ground
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 9:46 pm

It is strange it's the same with me xD I don't think i've heard of Artesia
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Within-Temptation96
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 11:58 pm

I'll have to look them up Smile Well WT lead me to here which is a good thing. I have no idea what I'd have done recently if it wasn't for some amazing people Smile
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 4:36 pm

Y'all HAVE to hear Artesia...it's like Lothlorien music *swoon*
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 5:12 pm

I will look them up in a bit Smile Or now Razz

I just squeed my house down Razz Delain are online on Myspace Razz I can see myself becoming yet another fangirl Neutral Not good.
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 8:09 pm

Being a Delain fangirl is practically being aWT one :p
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Number of posts : 1370
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue30 / 20030 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 8:12 pm

Deceiver-Of-Fools wrote:
Y'all HAVE to hear Artesia...it's like Lothlorien music *swoon*

Elvish music? I love Elvish music. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 10:14 pm

Sort of...except they're French. It just sounds really LOTR-esque to me: