The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Comprable bands?

Go down 
+20
ice-queen
Amairwyn
Fork Ninja
Onno
Frozen
KellieBent
LeiaLeFey
AliyahDuilliath
Caz
NeonFishnets
Scarygothgirl
PurpleFusions
The Key
The Swan Kyoko
themetalinme
rafi
Franneke
Deceiver-Of-Fools
FallenHalos
Ktsunami
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Comprable bands? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 8:46 am

This is true. But yes, I see how they are similar.
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 742
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 20050 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 2:22 pm

LeiaLeFey wrote:
Caz wrote:
Maybe Delain but only slightly. Not Evanescence, i really don't understand why people always say they are alike. They have similarities, sure, most bands have similarities with other bands, don't make them like that band though

There is a reason that Delain is similar. Martijn Westerholt was in WT originally and he's Robert's younger brother.

Yeah i know Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/index.htm
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 9:59 pm

I think most of us knew... Razz

But thanks for supplying the info for those that didn't, Leia Smile
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 12:02 am

*twitch*

I have my opinions about Delain, that I'm not going to share for fear of being cyber-bitch-slapped.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 742
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 20050 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 4:42 pm

Well i promise not to cyber bitch slap you Kay Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/index.htm
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 5:30 pm

Ktsunami wrote:
*twitch*

I have my opinions about Delain, that I'm not going to share for fear of being cyber-bitch-slapped.

Shocked You don't like Delain? But any band that can put Marco and Sharon together deserves respect. Laughing
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Number of posts : 2876
Favorite WT song : The Promise and All I Need
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue157 / 200157 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 8:38 pm

How can anyone dislike Delain? Sorry but the flock of sheep I hang out with just adore them.
Back to top Go down
http://leialefey.deviantart.com/
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 10:10 pm

Delain's pretty kick-ass, not gonna lie. And I agree with DoF here: they put Marco and Sharon together and it sounded GREAT. They've gotta be good Razz
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Number of posts : 2876
Favorite WT song : The Promise and All I Need
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue157 / 200157 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 1:50 am

That and you have to admit Lotte is good.
Back to top Go down
http://leialefey.deviantart.com/
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 3:15 am

She is Smile She kind of reminds me of younger Sharon. But that could just be my obsession speaking.
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 4:19 pm

You know the site CD Baby? Well, in their search function, you can look for similar artists....so I put in WT. Not many of the search results sounded anything like WT..maybe Aesma Daeva a little bit. But the rest of them were just female fronted rock bands with teeny amounts of symphonica. Though I DID discover a few cool bands. So it's all good in the hood.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:46 pm

I dont really think there are any bands like Within Temptation. I dont think any of the female fronted bands sound anything alike either.

I'm not really that into female fronted metal except WT and Nightwish. Who sound nothing alike.

However now after reading this thread I decided to have a listen to Delain Smile I'd only ever bothered with No Compliance which I have been in love with for a long time. Anyways I now love Delain. Smile I have a new band to listen to yay.

But I dont think they sound like WT at all. No band is comparable for the fact they will NEVER be as good as WT Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
FallenHalos
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
FallenHalos

Female
Number of posts : 6906
Favorite WT song : Our Farewell, Towards the End, Utopia, Caged
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue64 / 20064 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 2:41 am

I hate it when people comapre!! It drives me nuts. It seems like every video on youtube has the cliche debate and comparisson. they all have their good points and i dont like it when people say oh amy is beter like, NO sharon is better live, well this one has better lyrics.

No bands can be compared because each is unique in their own way.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 2:59 pm

Really annoys me too. The debates old people should get over it. I think people just need to respect other peoples opinions and stop arguing over youtube.

Got a lot of comparisions when I was at Bloodstock as Nightwish were playing. I was playing WT as I cant be without them Razz and people were comparing as NW were playing I wanted to kill them Razz

Also the Anette/ Tarja debate. This angers me a lot and it's old now.

Sorry I'll stop before I rant.

Anyways yeah nothing will ever ever compare to WT.
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Deceiver Of Fools
Deceiver Of Fools
Frozen

Female
Number of posts : 2119
Favorite WT song : The Howling
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 3:04 pm

i agree i mean how can u possible compare bands they have their own thing its really annonying sepecial when the compare evanescence and within temptation i mean come on....i love them both but they r different, and same with nightwish and so on...wt is wt and thats that.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 3:13 pm

I just really dont see any similarity between them. Well I see slight similarities I just dont think they sound alike. They all have completely different styles.
Back to top Go down
FallenHalos
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
FallenHalos

Female
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue64 / 20064 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 9:00 pm

A little mini rant. I hate it when people say they copy off eachother. Not just WT and EV, but those and nightwish- both old and new.
Its STUPID and RIDICULOUS!!! O_O
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 5:51 pm

When people come at me with WT/Ev nonsense, I tell them that symphonic metal =/= alternative rock, and I ask them if they think Opeth and Pearl Jam sound the same. When they say "of course not", I ask them why they came to me comparing WT and Ev in the first place. It's really just a case of people being unable to see beyond the front woman.
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 8:48 pm

That's very true. Some people *cough*a lot*cough* don't have that ability. They only see what's in front of them. So, Sharon's a woman. Amy's a woman... HOLY HERA!!! Their bands are nearly the same! Even though, you know, Ev has a more alternative sound and WT has a more orchestral sound... They're both rock. And they both have chick singers so they MUST be the same.

But! Wait. WT is SOOO much cooler than Evanescence. And we can compare the two 'cause they're practically the same band, as they both have female lead singers.

Rolling Eyes
Mad
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 9:18 pm

What makes me LOL is that when Ev fans come on to WT videos saying that WT are Ev wannabes, and then someone gives them the important dates (i.e. WT had two albums and two EPs pre-Fallen), they start saying, OMG why does it matter who came first? Let's just enjoy them both. Hammer All the inter-fan drama has really started to get to me, and I've practically stopped listening to Ev because I would hate to be associated with those drama-mongers.
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Deceiver Of Fools
Deceiver Of Fools
Frozen

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 9:29 pm

guess some people dont see the difference cause they r illitrate about music itself....or just pretending to be fans cause they just dont know... i just ignore them and enjoys my fav bands..
Back to top Go down
FallenHalos
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
FallenHalos

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 11:21 pm

Frozen wrote:
guess some people dont see the difference cause they r illitrate about music itself....or just pretending to be fans cause they just dont know... i just ignore them and enjoys my fav bands..

Good Point. But I still argue with them and throw down stupid things like that. Really, the world needs to be educated.
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Deceiver Of Fools
Deceiver Of Fools
Frozen

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 11:24 pm

i so agree they shsould have a music educator or something
Back to top Go down
FallenHalos
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
FallenHalos

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 11:38 pm

There needs to spokespersons for the music industry :p

We should totally go on a rampage on Youtube and post everywhere abotu the differences and educate people- or whomever is willing to listen.

*is in the mood to campaign*
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 2:56 pm

Haha good idea!

I've never bothered arguing with them, I just find people who have to compare and insult pathetic. It is really old now you'd think they would be over it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Comprable bands?
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next