The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Comprable bands?

Go down 
+20
ice-queen
Amairwyn
Fork Ninja
Onno
Frozen
KellieBent
LeiaLeFey
AliyahDuilliath
Caz
NeonFishnets
Scarygothgirl
PurpleFusions
The Key
The Swan Kyoko
themetalinme
rafi
Franneke
Deceiver-Of-Fools
FallenHalos
Ktsunami
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Comprable bands? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 4:09 pm

Ok thanks Smile Looks like I'll be going. It's like £13 but I have some money from savings accounts coming this month. Which pays for Download and gigs Razz Plus I have an exam on 21st and on 22nd so be nice to have a gig.

I like them. They're quite different from a lot of Femme bands I've heard. Now I gotta learn all there songs so I can sing along Razz

Edit: Sad Delain's new album is now being released on 27th March. This makes March even better but now it's put a downer on Feb. Why are they making us wait Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 7:39 pm

Dammit about the Delain album...that's a month and a half more.
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Number of posts : 1885
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 9:17 pm

I know... I thought I had a gig in February but because of the album release delay it's moved to somewhere in May. No

Anyhow, support for the gig is Kingfisher Sky, what do we think of them? Razz
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 12:15 am

Sad Well atleast you'll get to see them. They really need to come to England so I can become really obsessed.

You know I havent listened to them *hides* I keep meaning to.Sad I feel bad. What are they like?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Number of posts : 1370
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue30 / 20030 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 6:12 pm

Does anyone know where I can find Elis' A New Decade on youtube? Razz
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 3:18 pm

It doesn't seem to be there...you can listen to some of it on their Last FM page.

Onno wrote:
Anyhow, support for the gig is Kingfisher Sky, what do we think of them? Razz

I like them. Disinctive sound, and they don't sound anything like I was expecting (what with them being a female fronted Dutch band with metal influences, and a former WT member at the helm). Beautiful vocals too.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 11:14 pm

Hmmm. There good but I dunno they just didn't capture me. Myabe they will grow on me Razz Her voice is nice but I didn't get a special feeling that I need with singers Razz

I'm not that good with female fronted bands though. Only WT, Nightwish and now Delain.

Anneke's voice is still growing on me but I was completely blown away with this live version of Waking Hours. She is amazing on it.