The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Comprable bands?

Go down 
+20
ice-queen
Amairwyn
Fork Ninja
Onno
Frozen
KellieBent
LeiaLeFey
AliyahDuilliath
Caz
NeonFishnets
Scarygothgirl
PurpleFusions
The Key
The Swan Kyoko
themetalinme
rafi
Franneke
Deceiver-Of-Fools
FallenHalos
Ktsunami
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Comprable bands? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 5:02 am

I respect Amy as an artist. I've heard mixed stories about her, so I'm not either gonna bother judging. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 5:44 am

When I read Amy, I immediately thought you were talking about me Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Nope. I know I like you. xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 3:57 pm

*ahem*

I thought we were stopping the bashing. Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 4:00 pm

Deceiver-Of-Fools wrote:
*puts on mod hat* Take it to the PMs or don't take it anywhere.

Do I have to say it twice?? If it doesn't belong in this thread, take it to the PMs, or zip it. This is a drama free enviornment.

::EDIT:: Beaten to it Razz
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Number of posts : 1370
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue30 / 20030 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 5:53 pm

I don't think WT are similar to any other band. I listen mostly to female-fronted metal, and I don't think they are like any of the others. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 6:35 pm

Smile I was having this discussion on skatepark on Sat for my mates 18th birthday Razz Someone asked me if I liked WT and of course I said I love them and there my favourite band etc. Then I got asked if I like NW and yes I love them, then came Anette/ Tarja discussion Neutral and then I got asked if I like Lacuna Coil. Although it wasnt really like a 'who's the best female fronted band' talk really, I just dont like that if you say you like WT then you get asked if you like all the other Female fronted bands. They are not alike at all.

Please let there be a day when they dont ever get mentioned in the same sentance Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue30 / 20030 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 6:42 pm

Exactly. Smile I like quite a few of the female lead metal bands, but I don't like all of them. I really wish the comparisons would stop. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 6:47 pm

Even though WT, Nightwish and Delain are 3 of my favourite bands, I'm not that keen on any other female fronted bands. I've tried to listen to alot of them but I never like it. There is no reason why I should though because it's not the same music Razz
Back to top Go down
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Number of posts : 5150
Favorite WT song : Utopia, Stand My Ground
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 8:03 pm

That's the same with me I mean my favourite bands are WT, Nightwish, Delain, After Forever and starting to grow on Elis but I try listening to other bands and I just can't start to really like them
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Within-Temptation96
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 8:12 pm

Yeah part of me wants to like them because I like the fact there are more women in the metal scene but I just dont and I do try to give them a good listen. But Within Temptation and Nightwish didnt become my favourite bands because they are female fronted so there's not really a reason for me to like any of the other bands.

I'm kind of stuck in my ways when it comes to music though Razz WT, 36 Crazyfists and Nightwish have been my favourite bands for years now and I dont really go looking for new music. I'm happy enough with listening to these all day long Razz although Delain managed to win me over Smile although I have known of them for a while.

I dont think I want any bands compareable to WT though Razz
Back to top Go down
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue191 / 200191 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 8:17 pm

Yeah I see what you mean, I found Delain through WT and I loved them but there are other bands rather than female fronted that I listen to quite a lot a couple aren't even symphonic.

Me neither Razz They get compared with enough as it is xD
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 8:25 pm

WT was the first metal band I started listening to and still my favorite, but I like a lot of other metal bands now thanks to them.

I don't even like to read music reviews anymore; they're always comparing bands to each other.
Back to top Go down
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 8:27 pm

Evanescence was the first band I liked but i'm not too keen on their latest stuff.

That's what I hate about youtube aswell people are always comparing
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Number of posts : 1885
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 8:28 pm

^ The same as you two, my favs are also WT, Nightwish, Delain and the new AF era. But lately I haven't really got the time to discover new bands, because when I get to like to a band, I immediately become a full-time fan (collecting all the songs, catching up with every bit of news etc. Razz ) and my favourite bands/singers at the moment take up enough time. The only downside is that there aren't as many opportunities to go to a concert of a band I like this way.

Last edited by Onno on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 8:30 pm

Same here. I go crazy collecting a band's songs once I'm sure I like them Very Happy

My top favorites are WT, Leaves' Eyes, Epica, Nightwish, After Forever.
Back to top Go down
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 8:33 pm

Same here Very Happy ^^ I love those bands... including Elis
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 8:34 pm

Razz I think WT and Nightwish take up most of my time, when I love a band I really love a band and want everything. Delain might as well when they bring out the new album. I'm not so obsessed with 36 CF now (until when I see them in March and I will start up again Razz), I was from 2006 when I first saw them until WT decided to take over me Razz

If I accidently find a new band I love then thats great, but I wont go looking for new music. Usually if I find some new band it's from support bands at gigs Razz I do like going to festivals though to listen to like 30 other bands I have barely listened to or not listened to at all, but I never seem to bother looking them up afterwards Razz But it's nice to listen to new things for the weekend Smile
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 8:36 pm

I actually heard about the last four on the official WT forum, got curious, and went and looked up their songs. Very Happy

Well.... actually, I first heard NW on the Celtic Circle CD.

I don't like it, though, when people try to make me listen to new music. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 8:56 pm

I found NW through WT, I guess that's how I found most of my fav bands now xD
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 9:03 pm

I found NW in 2004 I think it must have been on some Metal Hammer CD Smile It has Wish I Had An Angel on and WIHAA, Nemo and Sleeping Sun used to be on Scuzz alot in 2005. I liked them but I dont love them to the extent I do now. Thats not because of Anette and the new era just that I got into them more last year, the old and new era.

WT I did hear Ice Queen and Mother Earth on the internet, I'm not sure when and then It's The Fear was on the Rocksound CD along with an article and then I got TSF which got me to here Razz

I did find Delain through WT though Smile

I wonder if there are any male bands that are actually like WT because then we can focus on if the music is comparable rather than just female singers.

The thing that makes me like music now is escapism I suppose, so that I can get out of my head for a while, which WT, NW and Delain do Smile 36 Crazyfists give me escapism as well Smile It's not just 'symphonic' bands. KoRn do too Smile
Back to top Go down
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 9:07 pm

wow loads of different ways Razz I found WT whilst going through Evanescence songs because someone named Restless as being an Ev song. I do quite like the 69 eyes Very Happy they're awsome xD
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 9:14 pm

Smile The 69 Eyes were amazing. Cant say I've listened to them since though Razz but they were a good support band.

I did take more notice of WT when Scuzz and Kerrang used to play Stand My Ground. I actually never saw the similarity to Ev's Bring Me To Life at the time, I suppose there is a tiny tiny tiny similarity. Although I already had TSF when they got round to playing Stand My Ground Smile I miss seeing Angels and Memories on Scuzz.

I did love Ev before WT but I didnt find them through Ev. Although Origin will always have a tiny place in my heart Razz
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Restless
Restless
Amairwyn

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 9:17 pm

A lot of people here in the U.S. think they are like Ev. Rolling Eyes

I've never seen the similarities, though.
Back to top Go down
ice-queen
Converter
Converter
ice-queen

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 9:18 pm

Yeah they were Very Happy I've listened to them a lot since them I really like their song Brandon Lee xD

Yeah I miss seeing them on TV Sad

Same here I do really like Origin still always been my fav album of theirs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Comprable bands?
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next