The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ivory Tower - A Within Temptation Forum

Welcome, Guest!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesStoreRegisterLog in

Comprable bands?

Go down 
+20
ice-queen
Amairwyn
Fork Ninja
Onno
Frozen
KellieBent
LeiaLeFey
AliyahDuilliath
Caz
NeonFishnets
Scarygothgirl
PurpleFusions
The Key
The Swan Kyoko
themetalinme
rafi
Franneke
Deceiver-Of-Fools
FallenHalos
Ktsunami
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Comprable bands? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 4:30 pm

Exactly. I usually just laugh at all the YouTube comments, unless someone gets a fact wrong about WT/Sharon. Then I correct them, and continue laughing. xD
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
FallenHalos
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
FallenHalos

Female
Number of posts : 6906
Favorite WT song : Our Farewell, Towards the End, Utopia, Caged
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue64 / 20064 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 2000 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 7:30 pm

KellieBent wrote:
Haha good idea!

I've never bothered arguing with them, I just find people who have to compare and insult pathetic. It is really old now you'd think they would be over it.
LOL. Well you two are both much smarter than I :p But I still prefer to argue and prove my point, THEN if they have had the facts shoved in their face and choose to ignore them...... they are sad indiviuals indeed.

tee hee I think I shall get my other WT friends together and see if we can do something.
Back to top Go down
Ktsunami
Official Roast Master
Official Roast Master
Ktsunami

Female
Number of posts : 12942
Favorite WT song : Jane Doe
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1 / 2001 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:02 am

Ah, The Evanescence and Within Temptation debate. I do actually argue with these people. Why? It's fun and there's no reason not to.

The whole thing is bothersome though... maybe if the bands actually sounded the same, then I could be more "whatever" about it. But some people are so weird about it... The only tight similiarity is the gender of the singer. I think the tendency for Americans to say that Band X is ripping off of Evanesence is because Evanescence hit it big here before femme metal could make it's way over here. And honestly some Ev fans have alienated me from the band itself. I don't want to be pegged with someone of those asshole. And what sucks is there are WT fans just like them that go around and are bitches to Ev fans. Rolling Eyes

AND the media compares every fucking femme metal act to Ev. Every. One. WHY?! Just why? Like Georgia and I were talking about in like April... it's pretty sexiest. You don't see people comparing Megadeth to Green Day. Because they are different styles of music. But if they had female singers.... BAM. They become the same.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ktsunami
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Number of posts : 1350
Favorite WT song : Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 3:54 pm

^W0rd. I saw a video last night on YT which was claiming that Frozen was a rip-off of Lithium because they both had drums leading in from the bridge, and that THOE was ripping of Cloud Nine (I think, I can't differentiate between TOD songs) cause they both had "oooh"s at the start...never mind the fact that said "ooooh"s are a different tempos, notes, etc. Oh no, because they're both female-fronted, they MUST be the same. Evanescence fans need a major attitude overhaul. When I find a new female-fronted band, I search first for what makes them different to the other bands I have heard before, not any similarities, and if I find similarities, I just think "cool, I liked that aspect about band A" and continue liking both, or "Eww..I hate that" and stop listening....I don't act like a tool and offend the fans of Band B. It's just a case of decency.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Number of posts : 16085
Favorite WT song : Caged
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 4:01 pm

Haha Frozen and Lithium sound nothing like each other. Nor do THOE or Cloud Nine. That is just ridiculous. You dont find WT fans comparing or saying anyone ripped them off. I'm sure not all Evanescence fans do but they seem to be the ones saying stupid things on Youtube.

It is so old now. It really is old. Why cant people get over it and look past the front woman.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxximmortalxxx
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Comprable bands? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue5 / 2005 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 4:04 pm

Here is the video if anyone wants to see....The person also seriously needs a spellcheck, there are stray apostrophes and commas everywhere...I'm getting totally annoyed now...WT had broken through the market two years before BMTL..they've made history in the Netherlands, they don't deserve all this comparison shit.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue190 / 200190 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 4:10 pm

How pathetic they dont sound anything like each other Mad The persons point of The Open Door being out first is stupid as I seriously doubt WT would ever listen to Evanescence. If they ever had I'm sure they would want to copy that Neutral.
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 4:23 pm

No offence to any Ev fans on this forum, but I can't imagine anyone wanting to copy TOD...I've had it since it came out, and I still can't tell which song is which. It's just one big muddled pile of mush.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:19 pm

I'm looking on the Femme Metal Forum and people seem to not like WT Sad *searches brain* How is this possible? Razz I actually feel quite upset.
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:25 pm

Probably because they don't have growlies or ten-minute guitar solos. Ironically, that's what I admire about WT..it's not about the individual member, it's about the overall sound.
Then again, they might not like them because they're so popular. There are people out there who start to hate bands because more than three people have ever heard of them. They can say what they want, but they can't deny the fact that Mother Earth was the first classic album of the genre.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:30 pm

I dont really think WT are as popular as Nightwish or Evanescence. You know I really hate that when people dont like bands because they got popular.

Mother Earth is a masterpiece!
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:42 pm

^But they are more popular than say, Liquid Sky. I know plenty of people who love bands when they are in the "underground" stage of the career, but once people start taking notice, they're the first to cry "sell-out" even if the sounds hasn't changed much, but the production value has.

And yes, yes it is.
Back to top Go down
AliyahDuilliath
Restless
Restless
AliyahDuilliath

Female
Number of posts : 1189
Favorite WT song : Ice Queen, Caged, The Truth Beneath the Rose
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue90 / 20090 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:42 pm

My comment on the video you posted: "Did you know that in Finland everyone compares WT to Nightwish?And Americans compare WT to Evanescence?And any other country WT goes to Sharon has said they compare WT to their country's femme metal band.Good thing Sharon doesn't mind, but she knows its stupid because they actually sound completely different! Even the clips you posted have only the similarities you said, yet still they evoke completely different feelings. I am sorry you feel the need to compare the two and claim they are copies."

Truth be told, why should it shock you the Evanescence fans don't like WT? After all, they do sound different. I like Fallen and Origin. But I no longer consider myself an Evanescence fan. It was more like a gateway band for me. And if they are being childish about it, then why even try to reason with them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/duilliathband
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:45 pm

Normally I ignore it, but it has just become very prevalent lately, and I think I'm about to snap and go on a ranting rampage Laughing
Back to top Go down
AliyahDuilliath
Restless
Restless
AliyahDuilliath

Female
Number of posts : 1189
Favorite WT song : Ice Queen, Caged, The Truth Beneath the Rose
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue90 / 20090 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:47 pm

Oh and a hiuge difference between Ev and WT...Sharon is actually nice to all of her fans...as opposed to Amy who, I hear, tends to be bitch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/duilliathband
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:53 pm

Not just the fans...the other band member too! I mean...wut? Laughing
*puts on Mod hat*
OK, we won't start the bashing...WT fans are a drama free bunch, remember that.
Back to top Go down
Onno
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Onno

Male
Number of posts : 1885
Favorite WT song : Mother Earth
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 6:01 pm

AliyahDuilliath wrote:
But I no longer consider myself an Evanescence fan. It was more like a gateway band for me.
Well put, that accounts for me too Smile Amy Lee has a good voice on the albums, but she's bad live (well, in the heavy songs). And she doesn't seem as sympathic to me.

Ev and WT's singles tend to sound a bit alike, but if you listen to the rest of the album it's not. Probably because they're both produced for semi-mainstream market.
Back to top Go down
NeonFishnets
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
NeonFishnets

Female
Number of posts : 15111
Favorite WT song : Overcome
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 11:41 am

^That makes a lot of sense, actually. And I agree wholeheartedly. I was an Evanescence fan for a long time. And yes, Evanescence and Within Temptation do have a few similar songs...but I only really noticed that today when I was listening to "Whisper" and realized that's the only Evanescence song I still really like. And then I noticed it must be because it has a lot of choir and orchestra in it, and that reminds me of Within Temptation.
Back to top Go down
http://humanconstellation.deviantart.com/
KellieBent
Sheepherder
Sheepherder
KellieBent

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 8:30 pm

I was an Evanescence fan until The Open Door. I think I'd just got over them by the time they got the album out. I do still love Origin though Smile and all there early demo stuff. I dont think they are similar though.

I need to stop thinking about this comparing... it's driving me mad haha.
Back to top Go down
LeiaLeFey
Mother Earth
Mother Earth
LeiaLeFey

Female
Number of posts : 2876
Favorite WT song : The Promise and All I Need
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue157 / 200157 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 11:12 pm

I don't like to do the comparing. I think it is rediculous. I do like a lot of bands that have similarities but when you look at the silly comments on youtube and they start saying that these bands copied from each other it starts getting stupid. It's music and we all have our favorites. Can we all just like it and not try to have a competition about who can round up the most fans or the popularity on youtube? Sorry I'm just in a rant mood.
Back to top Go down
http://leialefey.deviantart.com/
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 12:22 am

I'm still an Evanescence fan. There will always be a place in my heart for Amy Lee (not gonna lie- that just might be cuz her name is Amy too). Ev. just isn't EPIC.
Back to top Go down
FallenHalos
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
FallenHalos

Female
Number of posts : 6906
Favorite WT song : Our Farewell, Towards the End, Utopia, Caged
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue64 / 20064 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 1:45 am

AliyahDuilliath wrote:
Oh and a hiuge difference between Ev and WT...Sharon is actually nice to all of her fans...as opposed to Amy who, I hear, tends to be bitch.
Wait what? That is NOT true. I met Amy and she is really sweet and she cares about her fans. *is annoyed*
Back to top Go down
Deceiver-Of-Fools
Restless
Restless
Deceiver-Of-Fools

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 3:31 am

*puts on mod hat* Take it to the PMs or don't take it anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Frozen
Deceiver Of Fools
Deceiver Of Fools
Frozen

Female
Number of posts : 2119
Favorite WT song : The Howling
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 9:32 pm

i dont even want to compare wt and ev cause i dont see the similarity in it ev is a alternative rock band and wt is a "sympathic" like.... so there is nothing same in them at all...i should know being a fan of both bands.... they dont even sound alike .... i suport both bands equally!!!
Back to top Go down
Fork Ninja
What Have You Done?!
What Have You Done?!
Fork Ninja

Female
Number of posts : 9583
Favorite WT song : Frozen and Pale
Bless :
Comprable bands? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue170 / 200170 / 200Comprable bands? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 3:21 am

Omg, there is no way I'd ever believe Amy Lee is rude to her fans. She seems really understanding and grateful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comprable bands?   Comprable bands? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Comprable bands?
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next